Come on Aussie growers!

KAYY

420 Member
I know Australian laws don’t really permit us to actually be open about what we do but surely there has to be a way to change the Aussie cannabis scene?
I look at America, Canada and other places around the world and I’m so envious of how different and how much more friendly it is than ours.
I want to try and change this just so we can help each other a lot more than we currently are, I don’t mean but going and smoking cannabis in public like the 420 picnics do but with more information, resources and anything else that help change the scene.
I’m just over the current way us aussies have to go about getting any cannabis if we don’t know a reliable and safe cannabis from some dickhead who doesn’t know shit about it and will call it whatever strain they’re heard of just to sell it. Not everyone is lucky enough (like myself and a few others) to have a trustworthy, reliable and safe way to access it and it’s really sad.
I want to change the scene here and destroy the current way we get our product to take it out of the hands of all these selfish, ignorant, clueless money hungry grubs who are trying to over charge for complete unsafe overpriced garbage.
So if anyone in Aussie needs any help with anything please don’t not be shy to get in contact with me so we can share our knowledge and resources to change the “cannabis scene”over here I may not know everything about cannabis and how to grow it but I’m more than happy to share the knowledge and resources I do have to create a better place for us here!!
If anyone has any ideas on things we can do please don’t be shy to share those thoughts. Don’t forget where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m always willing!!!!
Thank you for reading my rant haha.

I’m just over the current way us aussies have to go about getting any cannabis if we don’t know a reliable and safe cannabis from some dickhead who doesn’t know shit about it and will call it whatever strain they’re heard of just to sell it. Not everyone is lucky enough (like myself and a few others) to have a trustworthy, reliable and safe way to access it and it’s really sad.
Sounds like a perfect reason to grow your own :)

Sounds like a perfect reason to grow your own :)
Absolutely! I just hoping to put the idea in people heads and trying to show them it’s a lot easier than people think. It’s just so ridiculous the prices we pay for the quality we get, then on top of that the dodgy egg head who will try to take bud out and all that other rubbish that comes with it haha ‍

Hey KAYY, good luck.
I spent over 15 years helping to get Med laws in Auatralia changedin the system. Suffered for it.

Totally understandable :thumb:
Suffered for it.
That sucks Low’72 but I can easily see how that could happen. This weekend just gone there was a Hemp/Cannabis expo in Adelaide and while I could not go (I’m not well enough, plus I dont live in Adelaide ;) ) a few folk showed live feeds every now and then. I listened for a while to the woman who is the head of Epilepsy Australia asscisaltion (or some such) and one of the ways she described things was this (I’m paraphrasing): When USA (some states) and Canada went legal for medicinal cannabis, Pharmaceutical company profits tanked. Becasue of this, in the UK and Australia there is a very powerful top down push to do things very differently with the aim of making the Pharma companies the only ones to provide. SO the model that is being pushed forward here is deliberately trying to do it differently to disfavour people like us. It’s likely we will eventually see patients given the right to grow our own at some stage, but it’s 4-5years away, maybe longer.

There are 57 licensed prescribers in Australia and they’re not allowed to advertise that this is what they do. I was totally lucky recently when I went see a new rheumatologist and when I told him I was using cannabis for pain and sleep he smiled and was really happy and also really happy tht I was growing and making my own oils. Turns out he is one the 57! I felt very blessed. He actually said that my meds are bound to be better than what he could legally prescribe me (for hundreds of dollars :eek:) because “pharmaceutical companies are trying to separate the constituents and we know, as you will know, that doesn’t work as well” ;)

There is actually a very robust grass roots scene here in Aus, it;s just not so easy to find it and many people are still cagey. And rightly so sometimes. I’m not as well connected within it as I’d like to be but I’m slowly making contact with people. It’s hard because I cant travel or go to the expos etc. But people are doing what you’re talking about KAYY and lots of them :thumb:

There is, however, a summit coming up that will accessible online. I don’t know what it will be like but many of the speakers are definitley on the ‘patient’ side of the ‘debate’ and I expect it to be a good look at where the medical scene is at here. This will all be available to stream as it is being recorded so will be accessible afterwards. You have register is all.
Its here...

The Global Medical Cannabis Summit was hosted here earlier this year and that was pretty good, I didn’t go but you can view the talks and stuff online there too.

That said, on the question of whether it’s better in other places, well people can grow their own in Canada, and patients have been able to for some time - but there is lots of controversy in Canada around grass-roots long-standing dispenseries being shut down etc. and long tie activists adn advocates for legalisation being harassed even while the leglasitioan legislation was gong though. Google false legalisation in Canada will bring some informative results. SO even though things look great in other places to us in the land of Oz, there a problems there as well. Its been criminalised and demonised for sooo long and now it’s big business and political maneuvering to make sure big business profits from it. Capitalism and legal hipocrasy gone stupid.

Anyway - that’’s enough of my rant. I’ll leave you with this meme of the British PM as an example of where the conservative government in UK and Aus stand on the matter...
3C00C310-E325-4778-B800-C948CD2BBF2A.jpeg

I dont have the energy to be an activist. I consider growing my one meds and posting journals of that on here a form of protest. Behaviour does not make people criminal, laws make people criminal. I will continue to grow and continue to spread teh word as I can, while also trying to remain safe from teh heavy hand of the law. There has been successfull “medical necessity” defence argued in court in NSW so that’s encouraging. Doesn’t mean I want to have to do it tho!

Keep on doing what you’re doing KAYY eventually you’ll find others doing it too! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom