Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've ran a journal here. I just started a large SOG grow today so I've decided to journal it here for you. I have 3 Snow White(NLXCinderella99) mothers in my veg room along with a 50 site aero cloner. I just transplanted the first 16 rooted clones from the cloner to the 2 liter hempy pots today. I have 30 more cutting in the cloner now and will be adding more and more as my mothers get big enough to yield them and my flower room is full. I'm using a 75-25 Perlite/Vermiculite mix in my Hempy pots. I'm using 2 liter soda bottles with the bottoms painted black to block light from getting to the roots. The drain holes are about 2 1/4" up from the bottom of the bottles.

roots_day14.JPG

75_25mix.JPG

black_bottom.JPG

placing.JPG

planted_1.JPG

Here are the 16 transplanted clones.

16_start.JPG

Ideally, I would been able to take all 112 cuts at once but my mothers simply aren't big enough yet. I have 16 planted and 30 in the cloner. Within 2 weeks I'll be able to take 20-25 more cuttings.

I will be using GH 3 part nutes and I will be growing under (2) 600 watt HPS units on a 3 1/2' x 5 1/2' footprint.

hempy_medium_nutes.JPG

hempy_lights.JPG

gh-3-part-feeding-schedule.jpg

I saw an identical journal on another site where the grower used this method and averged 16.8 grams per SOG cola. I am also going to defoliate the plants at day 16 and 45 of flower.

As you can see, I've placed all of the 2 liter pots in catch tubs so that the runoff will be easily handled. There's a 1" slope so the runoff all drains to one end where I have a hose and pump setup that will suck it up and move it through the wall and into my veg room where it will drain into a bathtub.

drain_pump2.jpg

pump_hose.jpg

112_pots.jpg

I have an RO unit to produce my water. I will be adding CalMag as needed.

ro_waterset.jpg

I transplanted the clones at around noon and I am letting them sit in the dark for a few hours. I will be turning on the lights tonight and I'm going to veg for 3 or 4 days until the clones harden up and then I'll flip the lights to 12/12. Hopefully, within the next month I will have the entire flower room full of SOG clones.

Please feel free to tag along. Any and all sane comments are welcome.

:thumb:

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

I'd love to see this one, looks like a precursor to awesomeness! Looking at all of those empty soda bottles makes feel jittery :)
:popcorn:

Hello everyone,

Here we are at day 3 of 12/12 for the first 16 transplants.

day3_12hr.JPG

I have approx 30 more clones that are 60% of the way rooted and I should be planting them withing the next 4 days which will run the total to 46 in pots. As you can see, I tie my mothers over due to space restrictions. There are actually two mothers to the right of the cloner. I try and make every inch of space count.

clones_round2.JPG

round2_roots.JPG

Above the cloner and mothers I've installed a couple of racks to hold all of the necessary tools that may be needed. I also have a smaller mom up there under another floro.

rack_1.JPG

A pretty simple feeding arsenal.

food_1.JPG

Tonight when I feed/water them I will take some pics and show you how I'm doing that. I hope everyone is well.

Good growing

Thank you. I think folks will be surprised at how much a full run will yield. I hope you stick around as I value the input.

After seeing your aero/NFT SCROG, outdoor grow, and this setup, I think my input will fall more on the congratulatory side :)

Thanks and keep up the great work.

:Namaste:

Since im stuck with my 4'2 florescent how many 2l bottles would you think i could cram under there doing the same veg and flower time?

Since im stuck with my 4'2 florescent how many 2l bottles would you think i could cram under there doing the same veg and flower time?

I assume you mean a 4'x2' light??

If so, a 2 liter bottle has a 4 1/2" diameter. Therefore, under a 2' x 4' floro, if you run them side by side and SOG them you could run 50 plants.

5 deep x 10 wide.

Hay 420fied, Clean, simple operation... I've got to start saving bottles :grinjoint:

I'm subbed :popcorn:

:peace:

i was waiting for this. I want to do something just like this. I can only fit 4 plants under my 600w due to the 3gal round pots. I want to run a soda bottle setup, but probably with soil cause that's what I'm used to using. Can't wait to see her filled up

i was waiting for this. I want to do something just like this. I can only fit 4 plants under my 600w due to the 3gal round pots. I want to run a soda bottle setup, but probably with soil cause that's what I'm used to using. Can't wait to see her filled up

You can easily run 25-30 under a single 600. Thanks for stopping by and it's good to see you again.

:goodluck:

looks like a bad ass setup man. That cloner is pretty sweet too. Will watch this one

Speaking of clones.

I noticed that I had 20 open spots so I went ahead and cut some clones tonight. I know most of you are familiar with how to take clones but I decided to document it for those that may be new. My journals tend to get add ons along the way. The Aero/Scrog journal ended up having an outdoor grow and gumby hash making tutorial added in. I like to show as much as possible so here goes:

Tools needed(the rooting hormone is optional, the packed bowl is a must!)

clone_tools.JPG

A willing mother.

sw_mother.JPG

I have a special utility knife to cut my clones with. Sharp scissors also work just fine.

clip1.JPG

A cup full of freshly cut clones.

cup_clones.JPG

Sometimes I use rooting hormone powder and sometimes I don't. It certainly isn't a necessity. When I do decide to use it, I simply dip the very end of the clone in the powder and place it in the cloner. I know it's washed off immediately but I figure it can't hurt anything.

powder_1.JPG

Placing a clone into it's neoprene collar and ultimately, the cloner.

place_collar.JPG

I ended up filling the entire unit which holds 50. Around 20 of them are showing roots and should be moved within the next few days.

full_cloner.JPG

I will also add feeding pics later as promised.

Good growing

Back
Top Bottom