Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

That is how cloning is done.... Its like I was there with you... +reps

Thanks a lot McCrackin.

Here's a side by side of cuts in the cloner. The first pic was taken on the 23rd and the 2nd pic was taken 5 minutes ago. Once the roots pop they really take off.

round2_roots.JPG

rt_rd2.JPG

Sorry if I missed it, but did you say what your using for lighting? I'm begining to think that going with a ton of plants sog style is the way to go for yeild. I'm very interested in seeing how well this turns out. I'm thinking of rigimg up my 2 1000w hps lights to my mover and loading the floor space of my 76"x76"x76" tent with small pots. I'm not sure how many I can fit, but it would be alot. My only issue would be controlling the temp, but I think I would be fine if one has n aircooled hood. Have you gone this rought before? And if so, which method gave you a better yeild, your last setup stlye, or a sog like this?:passitleft:

Sorry if I missed it, but did you say what your using for lighting? I'm begining to think that going with a ton of plants sog style is the way to go for yeild. I'm very interested in seeing how well this turns out. I'm thinking of rigimg up my 2 1000w hps lights to my mover and loading the floor space of my 76"x76"x76" tent with small pots. I'm not sure how many I can fit, but it would be alot. My only issue would be controlling the temp, but I think I would be fine if one has n aircooled hood. Have you gone this rought before? And if so, which method gave you a better yeild, your last setup stlye, or a sog like this?:passitleft:

A have (2) 600 watt HPS units over them. This is my first SOG run like this so I will have to compare harvest data against the aero run but I'm positive this run will yield more. I only ran 9 plants in my aero set.

If I average 12 grams per SOG cola, which is do-able, a full 112 plant run will give me 48 ounces. I'm actually hoping I average a little more than 12 grams per plant but we'll see.

If you have a 76" wide x 76" deep grow space and you use 2 liter bottles you could run 256 pots considering that a 2 liter has a 4 1/2" diameter.

256 pots @ 12 grams per cola = 110 ounces. 12 grams per cola is a conservative guestimate as well. Growing under 1000's like you do would fatten them up. Just something to think about if you want to maximize yield for your given space.

I'm actually expecting 14-16 grams per cola.

I think you'll do that or better, your clones were beautifully rooted. Based on my little testing before this I think you hit it right on the sweet spot.

this thread gave me some motivation to revamp my setup. I built my own 16 site aero cloner over the weekend from a 5 gal bucket. I have 4 cuttings in there right now, so far no wilting, so hopefully in a week I will have some clones. I definitely want to run SOG especially with the wonder woman strain because it grows straight up and doesn't bush out too far so you can stack them really close together.

It looked like your roots could have hit the res when you planted them bro.

Do you think jro means 21 days after 12/12 or 21 days after flowers start to show? I'm on day 19 from 12/12 and the leaves are starting to be a problem, but I don't want to cut them too early... ?

It looked like your roots could have hit the res when you planted them bro.

Do you think jro means 21 days after 12/12 or 21 days after flowers start to show? I'm on day 19 from 12/12 and the leaves are starting to be a problem, but I don't want to cut them too early... ?

It's day 21 from the start of the 12 hour light cycle so you should defoliate in a couple of days.

It's day 21 from the start of the 12 hour light cycle so you should defoliate in a couple of days.

OK thanks I'll do it. My WW's have been stuck at 8" for about 10 days now, I'm going to give them a bit longer to see if they start growing some more. But they'll still be a lot less shaded since they're the runts.

420 with your setup, do you think you might run into root bound issues?u

Not at all. Originally this was a concern but a friend ran this exact setup and he didn't experience any issues with the roots getting bound in his 2 liter bottles. He also vegged his plants for over 2 weeks before flipping them. I went straight to 12/12. I'd be astonished if I have any issues.

Not at all. Originally this was a concern but a friend ran this exact setup and he didn't experience any issues with the roots getting bound in his 2 liter bottles. He also vegged his plants for over 2 weeks before flipping them. I went straight to 12/12. I'd be astonished if I have any issues.

So, 12/12 for a rooted clone, but exactly how rooted do they have to be? Also, if from seed how many leaf sets would I wait for before switching to 12/12?

Sorry for the noobness, just thought you would be a great guy to ask.

Thank you in advance!

:Namaste:

So, 12/12 for a rooted clone, but exactly how rooted do they have to be? Also, if from seed how many leaf sets would I wait for before switching to 12/12?

Sorry for the noobness, just thought you would be a great guy to ask.

Thank you in advance!

:Namaste:

I make sure all of my clones have a pretty good root system going before I bury them. You can see from the pictures in this journal that the roots are long enough when taken from the cloner that they're close to the bottom res when planted.

As long as a clone has visible roots it can be buried and fed.

You don't necessarily have to wait for sets of leaves to switch to 12/12. It all depends on your space restrictions and how big you want your plants to get. I went straight to 12/12 after transplanting because my plants are on top of one another and I only want one SOG cola.

Does this help?

The original 16 are on day 9 of 12/12. You can see a noticeable difference between them and the additional 12 I planted 2 days ago. The originals have a nice even canopy thus far.

I'm going to add another 10-12 plants to the mix tonight.

color_day8.JPG

Back
Top Bottom