Comeback Grow - Blueberry & Aurora Indica - Aussie Indoor Winter Grow - LED/CFL/HPS

Sir Budlovski

Well the good news is im back and i wasnt gone due to law or anything although i was getting abit paranoid at times haha
I was gone due to having a new job and not finding time to get a new grow started, had abit of a falling out with boss and left but then it was fishing season so that delayed me another couple of months haha
Anyway i got going and it was very half assed starting off again lost 2 of my plants to neglect and by the time o got them in tent one had begun to flower very young and to make matters worse when i started caring for my grow again i realised i had a spider mites infestation aswell as some pretty bad magnesium deficiencies happening anyway ill do the list and then share some more and get some pics up.

Strains- Dutch passion Blueberry, Nirvana Aurora Indica.
Lights- for vege im running one of my leds(i think) 180 watt and 4 cfls varying colours and watts.
For flower i will switch to a hps either 400 or 600 watt and cfls, i may continue with the led also but unsure at this point.
Nutrients-im using my same canna coco A+B, PK 13/14 but have been using epsom salts aswell, also ph up/down when needed.
Medium-im using Canna coco with abit of vermiculite and perlite very little thouhh, likely a 90% coco mix.
Extras- i have my exhaust fan, carbon filter, a fan for circulation, a heat mat occasionally and rosemary oil.

Yet to upload pics but heres whats been happening.
So about 2-3weeks ago was when i first noticed the mite issue, at this point the blueberry was very healthy but just had spots from mites the aurora however was just scrappy looking thing since it had done the early flower it had mutant leaves and structure. I got to it cleaned out my whole tent and all equipment with disinfectant and hit them with a lavender spray. Then i went out one night and snuck some rosemary from peoples gardens (it was growing next too footpath) brewed up some oil with it and have sprayed them with that every few days for the last 2 weeks and they came back dramatically i also defolled and trained more then i was. The defol had a huge impact on the aurora that mixed with the rosemary spray saw it start to get back to regular growth, the blueberry started shooting off like they always seem to when happy with mites clearing up i could now notice the mag def so added some epsom to my rosemary oil/water spray and well they arent clawing or showing anything to bad now. The aurora i fear will look strange this whole frow no matter what haha.
They are on a full dose of the canna A+B now and i added about 1 1/2 tsp of epsom with the last 8L feed and they seem real happy.
I decided to finally get the journal up now because well you get to miss out on the hectic/average part of the grow as i plan to start flowering within the week.
With it being wintrr here and me moving my tent to a diff location im think the blueberry might get some colour to the buds but time will tell. Also with the extra fan and fairly clean tent im hoping to avoid mould completely this time haha
Anyways pics soon.
Good to be back and thanks to all that have kept by my journals and awaited my coming home :)
Look forward to catching up on everyone elses grows.

Re: Comeback Grow - Blueberry & Aurora Indica - Aussie Indoor Winter Grow - LED/CFL/H

First up cheers for the subs guys :thumb:
And sorry i didnt get pics up last night i kind of run out of time towards the end of the day.

Anyways ill get these previous pics up now and then ill go take some fresh pics for today.

These are how they were before i started taking proper care of them.

Blueberry
20160602_180739.jpg

Aurora Indica (the mutant)
20160602_180746.jpg

Now a photo of a leaf to see the mite and deficiency issues and then a pic of after i cleaned my tent to sterilize and battle these mites.
20160602_180449.jpg
20160602_174152.jpg

Now pics after a defol and some misting then some about a week after showing improvement.
Blueberry
20160606_211428.jpg
20160605_171853.jpg

Aurora indica
20160606_211811.jpg
20160605_171847.jpg

And a pic to show how my setup is atm nothing special just getting the job done really haha
20160609_215539.jpg

And thats that, you might be able to see the massive amount of effort i put in to bring the aurora back usually id scrap one like that, in all honesty i am questioning whether it was actually an aurora or one of the others i thought died time will tell though.
Im quite happy with the blueberry, definitely looks like a sibling of my last one my LST work is abit questionable this time with her leaning a little but she should be alright haha.
As far as i can tell mites are under control and nutrient issues are starting to level out well again now.
Ill get todays pics up shortly and im thinking flower in the next 2-3 days, just because i need meds its been too long and being around this page drives me nuts without being able to have a toke haha

Re: Comeback Grow - Blueberry & Aurora Indica - Aussie Indoor Winter Grow - LED/CFL/H

good job man i myself wouldnt defol too much but hey if it works man thats what ya do ,putting in the hard yards to kill mites is f*cked ay .

all in a good progress

which light is that?? draw watts?? tent size?? pot size?? looks nice man:goodjob: how long you planning on veggin for?

good job man i myself wouldnt defol too much but hey if it works man thats what ya do ,putting in the hard yards to kill mites is f*cked ay .

all in a good progress

Cheers mate, yeah ive had abit of experience with the blueberry and because its fem it usually handles the stress pretty well, the other one though im not sure about but with its retarded growth i really had no choice and if it des or turns male well f#ck it haha i might try get a fewseeds though if itd work haha.
Ahh man first time dealing with mites and cant believe it they just get everywhere, this home brewed rosemary oil really does work a treat though seems to have really knocked em back, once flower begins it could get interesting though finding the fine line between killing mites but preventing mould, i feel it will be quite the learning curve haha

which light is that?? draw watts?? tent size?? pot size?? looks nice man:goodjob: how long you planning on veggin for?

Thats my old vipar led actual draw is 180 watts, my tents about 1x1x1.8 i think, as for pot size i think blue is in a 9L and AI is in a 5L i think, might be over estimating abit ill get the sizes up proper soon because i think im gunna have to repot again before flower.

Well heres todays update and first proper update.
Both girls looking well blueberry still has a few curled leaves but almost full health and aurora well im pretty amazed at how well it looks today.
Aurora is in a 6L pot so id say blue is like 8-9L.
I switched out my 4 way cfls for the one big 2700k 125watt cfl for a more suitable light spread and abit more warmth.
No watering or feeding today.

So now todays photos.

Blue V2
20160611_190109.jpg
20160611_190137.jpg
20160611_190159.jpg

Aurora Indica
20160611_185240.jpg
20160611_185930.jpg
20160611_190237.jpg

And the setup as is now.
20160611_190328.jpg

Alright now to get catching up on journals and checking out these comps :thumb:

Subbed up for this sir.. Good to have you back at it man..

You have done wonders to those girls. I honestly loved reading this journal. Each post was great. Awesome job mate

THE GREEN RACER.

You have done wonders to those girls. I honestly loved reading this journal. Each post was great. Awesome job mate

THE GREEN RACER.

Thanks Racer :thumb:
I wasnt sure whether to do a journal or wait till next grow but i figured i might aswell share my learning/experience with this grow.
Hopefully i can keep it going and awesome to have you following mate :)

Cheers mate, yeah ive had abit of experience with the blueberry and because its fem it usually handles the stress pretty well, the other one though im not sure about but with its retarded growth i really had no choice and if it des or turns male well f#ck it haha i might try get a fewseeds though if itd work haha.
Ahh man first time dealing with mites and cant believe it they just get everywhere, this home brewed rosemary oil really does work a treat though seems to have really knocked em back, once flower begins it could get interesting though finding the fine line between killing mites but preventing mould, i feel it will be quite the learning curve haha
mite-rid ,it works mate ,kills them all ,its aussie too ,google it ,i used it once and it got rid of them now i use it each grow as a preventative measure ,can be used till mid flower too.

mite-rid ,it works mate ,kills them all ,its aussie too ,google it ,i used it once and it got rid of them now i use it each grow as a preventative measure ,can be used till mid flower too.

Awesome man thanks for that :thumb:
Im definitely gunna look into that if the bastards start showing up again, whats the cost for it roughly?
Im abit of a cheap ass with my grows hence the brewing of the rosemary haha

Mite-rid, I've had a little white jar of that for four years, waiting, do you know it shelf life?

Cheap bud, $15 or something, I brought it without having mites, so couldn't cost to much :rofl:

There a withholding period though..

Back
Top Bottom