Common Problem?

Drunon

I did research and tried to solve this problem myself, I hate asking the questions everyone has asked before but I'm afraid to make any more mistakes on this plant.

Background:
1 of my 2 NL plants, feminized
Indoor
Soil of 7/1/3 ratio (from wally world, I know, my store didnt have the perlite/verm and they needed transplanted)
6 23 Watt CFL 2700k/6500k
Was using 1/2 recommended dosage of GH 3 part series on their chart, with cal/mag added since day 10 of veg. Ph of nutrient solution was 6-6.5 according to my chem kit.
Watering with R/o water, no cal/mag added though.
Watering when dry then feeding when dry, alternating since day 10.
No signs of pests

Problem, yellowing/wilting lower leaves at day 19, Suspected Nitrogen deficiency.

Attempted Solution: feed twice in a row instead of plain R/o water.

Result, Yellowed leaves are worse/almost bleaching and turning brown, slight nute burn on both plants.

IMG_003621.JPG

IMG_003521.JPG

IMG_003719.JPG

IMG_003815.JPG

Thanks in advance, I know you guys will nail this, then try to remember your first grow/mistakes haha

Drun

Thanks for the response Hogdady, much appreciated to get a second opinion... Perhaps I can just throw more of GH's "micro" into my solution? I don't have a hyrdo store very close to me... I'll try to give it a little more time I guess, its only been 2 days since I tried just feeding more...

Drun

If it is just those lower leaves and you don't see it spreading to the middle and top portions, I wouldn't worry about it.

The foliage above those yellow leaves is pretty thick, so it is more likely that the plant is simply shutting down those leaves cause it no longer needs them. This will go on through the entire growing process. As long as it remains on the lowest leaves it is normal.

It's mainly caused by a lack of sufficient light reaching those lowest leaves. A side fill light can help prevent that if it bothers you.

DEFINITELY DO NOT INCREASE YOUR FEEDING! Then you might really start to create problems for yourself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom