Companion Plants

Onions. Dense border helped keep the rabbits away, IMHO.

Chrysanthemums and some marigolds, due to their pyrethrum content.

Catnip, because I'd much prefer that cats ate that.

<SCRATCHES HEAD> I just posted them, lol. In that case, of course, the onions were more because I like onions than because I actually expect to ever see a (living) rabbit in my house.

I just remembered, sponsor Sensi Seeds has an article on its website about companion planting for cannabis:
The benefits of companion planting for cannabis | Sensi Seeds
...as does our sponsor Royal Queen Seeds:
List Of Companion Plants For Quality Cannabis - RQS
Companion Planting For Cannabis: What You Need To Know - RQS Blog

EDIT: Royal Queen Seeds actually sells seeds of the companion plants they recommend, lol. And that's... a pretty good business decision, IMHO.
Thats definitely smart to sell companion seeds, I spent a go9d amount of time researching and buying the different seeds. That would have saved time

There's a place I've used off and on for years for plants. It's in Ohio, so it's a mail order thing for me (although I've been there a couple times when I was visiting friends and only "several hours" away) . It's called Companion Plants, lol. Place has been in business 35+ years.

We offer over 600 varieties of common and exotic herb plants - including medicinal, culinary, ceremonial, aromatic, butterfly, fiber, and dye plants - as well as over 200 varieties of seed, most of which we grow ourselves using environmentally friendly methods.

Pretty much literally something for everyone there. One of the categories of plants they stock are (pest) "repellent" ones. Take a look; you might end up with a few companion plants that no one else near you grows.
Code:
https://companionplants.com/catalog/index.php

Biodiversity is the spice of life. Apart from improving your plants health, companions will liven up your soil.

This summer I grew 4 plants in my small backyard. Around them - an apple tree, two blueberry bushes, three grape vines, beans, peas, potatoes and several flowers including St John's Wort.

In terms of helping soil, the beans and peas have nitrogen-fixing nodules on the roots which supply the soil with available nutrients. I like to think that the bugs servicing the adjacent flowers also help the growing, flowering babies. Like, eating thrips and aphids.

Back
Top Bottom