Completely broke a branch and flowering

Bayarea420

Today I was watering my gdp flowering clone its been flowering but I guess i wasn't ready I didnt knew a branch was weak. But like I always do I watered it with a gallon of my nutrients and a branch 7 inches by 12 inches broke of a decent sized branch ive had branches break but still stay in tact but thus one broke completely off and fell on the ground. I was like omg dammit as you can imagine I want to know if this will effect the rest of my plant flowering. Yield? Would and could I have saved the branch if it broke completely off. Kinda hard to explain without a picture but the stem was to damaged from the breaking point I tried to tape it but it was almost impossible.... help I need someone with advice I will start tiying my branches up now.

Re: Completely broke a branch and flowering.

The following is pure speculation bsed on my readings, not my first hand experience: :)
Ive seen many growers tape split and broken branches and save them. With a complete break, and from your discription not a clean break, your best bet would have been to attempt to clone the branch with some rooting solution. It would have set the new plant back, not to mention it would shut down bud production to root,but I think it coulda been saved.
As for it affecting the rest of the plant, probably not too much. MJ seems to have a little shock time after an incident, but then it carries on. MJ is alot more hardy than many give it credit to be. Super cropping is an excellent example of how a plant will overcome and produce after incidents. I hope this helped answer some of your q's!! :goodluck:

Today I was watering my gdp flowering clone its been flowering but I guess i wasn't ready I didnt knew a branch was weak. But like I always do I watered it with a gallon of my nutrients and a branch 7 inches by 12 inches broke of a decent sized branch ive had branches break but still stay in tact but thus one broke completely off and fell on the ground. I was like omg dammit as you can imagine I want to know if this will effect the rest of my plant flowering. Yield? Would and could I have saved the branch if it broke completely off. Kinda hard to explain without a picture but the stem was to damaged from the breaking point I tried to tape it but it was almost impossible.... help I need someone with advice I will start tiying my branches up now.

Duct tape is your best friend. Not saying this will work 100% but there is a good chance the plant will try and recover the branch. Dont wrap the tape to tight leave some room for growth.

First... Punctuation. It really helps when whatever it is one is trying to say is conveyed in an orderly fashion.

You can try and tape it to where it broke, sometimes using rooting powder helps. If you do this, wrap the joint with a cloth and keep it moist.
You can also try to plant the branch (essentially a clone).

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom