Complicated Cloning Situation - Please Help

mellowmama

I ask forgiveness if this situation is covered in another thread. If it is, I either can't find it or missed it.

I had three mothers, grown from feminized seed. I have rooted lots of clones successfully from two of the mothers, some of which I tossed because I was just practicing and didn't need them, and five of which I just moved into flower. This is the first time I've attempted to actually flower my clones. They showed some stress at transplant, but have new growth and have little flowers.

I also moved into flower the third mother from which I never made clones. She really wasn't intended to be a mother. She was a runt, and I just threw her in with the two real mothers just to give her a chance to catch up. She did catch up and turned into a healthy plant, hence the decision to flower her instead of using her as a mother.

Well, long story short, today I discovered the five clones are all males!! Sumbich!! Of course, this means that one or both of my remaining true "mothers" is not a female plant! Sumdoublebich!!

But the now-flowering "mother" is showing signs of truly being a female. Ok, I've read that I can stick some cuttings, identified by a number tied to the mother, into 12/12 to sex the cuttings. That way I can see which of the "mothers" is truly female. Meanwhile, in case both of those plants are males, I want to keep the third mother as a mother, now early into flower, just over one week.

Question: Can I just stick her back into 18/6 under the T5s and have her revert to veg? Or is it too late?

Question: Can I just stick the cuttings under HPS 12/12?

Conclusion: So much for buying feminized seeds...

For question 1, yes you can almost always revert bag to veg. Depending on how far along flowering is of coarse, you will get some weird looking growth but its normal. just go back to a veg feed schedule and you'll be fine.
Question 2, you can stick the cutting under 12/12 but not knowing how long they have vegged you might not have adequite root system to get your full potential.
One simple rule of cloning not matter what you clone if you have multiple genetics is to label everything!

Thanks. I put her back under longer lights and trimmed her up to fit her former space, which was small because she was a bonsai mother.

Lesson learned on the labeling! Oh, why must lessons always be learned the hard way?

I bought Nirvianas Doctor Doctor Fem pak & got 100% females!
I have noted that a fan too near, stresses plants into Hermie state..ie TURNS male. I would do a test bloom on the suspects before tossin them out. take some bread toes & mark all .
had that issue 2 times now. last year 2 branches in the back & outta sight pollenated my whole room! "-(, a SAD day.
keep close watch during 4-6 th weeks in bloom.

Back
Top Bottom