Confined space: sea of green vs single plant

Anoobis

Hi all. I am doing my first micro grow in a 5ft filing cabinet. I have 5 seedlings on the go, one of which I am pretty sure will be from a feminized seed, soil grow. I am planning on giving them some size, topping for a cutting off each, then sexing off the cuttings. Whichever is the squattest, densest female i plan on keeping. For the first run i am committed to a single plant run once I determine sex. My question is, moving forward from this grow, given the confined space would it be better to take cuttings and grow a bunch of single flowers per plant (maybe six cuttings in a grow densely packed) , or should I invest the time in manifolding/scrogging a single larger plant? A higher turnover of single cola plants packed into a confined space grown from cuttings, or a single plant with a larger root system and thicker stems?

I suspect my wife knows what I have built in the garage... Lol... But she hasn't said anything as of yet....

Run the pros and cons...
Yield - Single plant wins
Time - Single plant takes longer
Ease of growing - 1 plant is easier
Multiple plants will allow for different strains
If your 1 plant dies then you have to start from scratch.
Figure out which factor is most important.
I would love to see a journal of you doing both!

A few things...

Since its a micro grow, and judging on the filing cabinets I've seen, I'd keep it to 1 plant. You may have to keep it a short grow, maybe a month or two in veg and then flower.

Heat will be a problem, get some type of ventilation at the top.

After that, if you want to go SOG/SCrOG then do it but I dont see there being much space. Plus more plants = more heat, less light dissipation and higher humidity.

Thanks. I've got a 300w led, which I understand run fairly cool, and I grabbed a decent looking 4 inch extraction fan from a hydro store. So I am hoping heat won't be much of an issue. I will take a few pictures of my progress as I go. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom