Confused About Lights & Wattage

Doctor Trevor

I'm upgrading my grow light as the one that came with my tent isn't, apparently, enough.

I see on Amazon a Mars Hydro 1000W Led Grow Light 3x3ft Daisy Chain Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Greenhouse Veg Bloom Light Hydroponic Growing Lamps Actual Power 150Watt.'

1664478996937.png

Does this light give 1000W of light while using only 150W?

I would be using this in a 4 x 4 x 6.5 tent. Would it be enough?

Short answer, no. The TS1000 will cover max 3'x3' and for flowering more like 2.5'x2.5'. The namings can be confusing but you want to focus on true draw power. You want around 30-35W per square foot with LED. If you look on the Mars Hydro website each light will tell you what area it is designed to cover.

What's up doc :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I see what you mentioned.... It's name is TS1000 and is 150w total... A couple places in the title and the description the add the "w" behind the 1000....but then go on to say it draws 150w which is more than other "1000" models that only draw 100w....... Idk why they do that....that can be confusing

Thank you everyone. I'm glad I waited to order the light.
What does it mean when they say the light is upgraded? Was it originally a smaller light? Is it of lesser quality than a 'true' light?

I believe this is where the naming convention comes from. The lights will produce the equivelant useable light as higher wattage older technology lights. The reason why LED is much more expensive to buy but you make that money back in savings on electricity costs.

I'm upgrading my grow light as the one that came with my tent isn't, apparently, enough.

I see on Amazon a Mars Hydro 1000W Led Grow Light 3x3ft Daisy Chain Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Greenhouse Veg Bloom Light Hydroponic Growing Lamps Actual Power 150Watt.'

1664478960298.png

I would be using this in a 4 x 4 x 6.5 tent. Would it be enough?
Definitely not enough wattage for a tent that big you need 200 Watts for a 2x2

Definitely not enough wattage for a tent that big you need 200 Watts for a 2x2
I get your point but wouldn't agree you 'need' 200 watts for that space. That's well on the upper end. I've had a great result from a TS600 in a 2x2.

I get your point but wouldn't agree you 'need' 200 watts for that space. That's well on the upper end. I've had a great result from a TS600 in a 2x2.
I've gotten great results in the 27-in by 27 inch with 220w seven and a half ounces off two plants that was scrog.. but anyways my bad bro I was only trying to help you God bless and take care

I've gotten great results in the 27-in by 27 inch with 220w seven and a half ounces off two plants that was scrog.. but anyways my bad bro I was only trying to help you God bless and take care
No need to apologise mate. I just wanted to make the point that you don't 'need' 50W per square ft. If you have the budget to do so great, but that level of light isn't a requirement to get good results. Sometimes the initial cost of LED can be a lot for people and they can save some money and still get great results without going overkill. :peace::passitleft:

A Covert LED-X 250W Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light. It came with the tent.
That's not a bad light - the actual draw is 250w and because it's a bar design the coverage will be good and you can keep it closer to the canopy
I'd give it a try before you buy another, at least find out what you do/don't like

No need to apologise mate. I just wanted to make the point that you don't 'need' 50W per square ft. If you have the budget to do so great, but that level of light isn't a requirement to get good results. Sometimes the initial cost of LED can be a lot for people and they can save some money and still get great results without going overkill. :peace::passitleft:
Absolutely - first lamp I bought for the current set up was a £50 burp off Fleabay
Results were fine, so I actually bought another and I'm still using them together with a TS1000 in a 3' x 3'

Absolutely - first lamp I bought for the current set up was a £50 burp off Fleabay
Results were fine, so I actually bought another and I'm still using them together with a TS1000 in a 3' x 3'
Yeah man. Whatever you can afford and will do the job. I was well impressed with that TS600 (100W) to be fair. Got over 7oz in a 2x2 with 3 clones in 2 litre pots without any real training.

My TS-3000 arrived yesterday. I was not expecting the assembly.

Do the drivers get warm? Should I be concerned if the cables touch them or get too close to them?

The drivers will get warm yes. You can dismount them and put them outside the tent if temperature is an issue.
I'm concerned that they will get so hot that they'll burn the cables and start a fire. Is this a concern?

Back
Top Bottom