Confused King newbie - Germination & planting process for hydro

JoeJeff77

I read the germination process on Crop King's Site but it is not clear on how to plant the germinated seeds if you are using a hydro system. It states only soil planting. How and when do you plant the seedlings for hydroponic growing? Please be gentle! This is my first grow ever and I am old! Need it for health reasons.

re: Confused King newbie - Germination & planting process for hydro

Do exactly what they say but place it very gently into a small rock wool cube instead of dirt.

They say that is "not supported" but I bet it will get the girls going! Thanks for the info!

Do not use rock wool! Use rapid rooters.

Are they soil based? They work with hydro planting? I ended up ordering both. Wish Crop King rep would update their site for hydro planting since their site says to use dirt... Just confuses me because I have never frown before... What I read about rock wool is that it is not good for breathing, environment, etc.

Rapid rooters are derived form peat moss and have some micronutrients, they feel like a sponge. I have used both and prefer the rapid rooter plug. Just make sure to kept them moist. They are perfect for hydro. Once I see the roots coming out I put them in the pots with clay pebbles and you're good to go.

Great info! Thank you for your detailed response and time! Everyone have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom