Confused

Hoopy007

420 Member
I'm needing to know the strain to use COPD if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. Just now getting started so looking forward to all the wonderful help.

Hi hoppy007, welcome ! Try this link to the copd info. Lots to read hope you find what you're looking for. COPD / Lung Function

I really need help. Surely with all you educated people on here one at least one who is so knowledgeable in this can help. I have COPD need to know what to get. I can make it I got that down I just need to know what to get.

I really need help. Surely with all you educated people on here one at least one who is so knowledgeable in this can help. I have COPD need to know what to get. I can make it I got that down I just need to know what to get.
Finding the right strain is best based on your own personal experience. I don’t know a lot about copd although my mom has it. Her strain of choice seems to be Marlboro Reds which obviously doesn’t help anything.

I would think edibles would be the best way to administer it, but I’ve heard smoking/vaping increases the blood flow to your lungs which can’t hurt I suppose. If you’re not an experienced cannabis user start very slowly and increase your dosage.

Ask @SweetSue she studies this stuff extensively and will probably have some specific recommendations.

Have fun!
:passitleft:

COPD and burning anything inhaled is not good practice. As you know its a chronic reactive airway disease. Tinctures and edibles are likely the safest methods of delivery for this. Vape is less impactful than smoking but still carries risks for lung disease.

Thanks for the call Doob. :hug:

:welcome: to the forum Hoppy. :hug:

Jeff Waters has a Facebook page on “Treating COPD With Cannabis.” I found some info on his story at a site named “realfarmacy.com”. The info included his preferred chemovars (strains) and his protocol. I don’t agree that it takes half a gram of CCO (concentrated cannabis oil - what he refers to as FECO, short for full plant extraction cannabis oil). Some of that information is included here.

Jeff’s COPD Protocol
Jeff has been using a particular type of cannabis oil known as FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil) made with 190 proof, food grade alcohol (organic is best if possible) and organic cannabis strains consisting of mostly buds, shake and or trim. The specific cannabis strains that are extracted to make Jeff’ potent cannabis oil are: OG Pineapple Kush, AK47 and Blue Dream.

Jeff recommends newbies start by eating one pin head size dose of cannabis oil squeezed from a syringe. It can be put on a cracker or placed under the tongue, put in an empty capsule or even rubbed onto the gums.

He then advises to slightly increase the dose every four days or so as tolerance allows, until a dose is reached that’s comfortable, ameliorates symptoms, and encourages and enables you to push beyond current COPD limitations to confidently do things that you haven’t been able to do in quite a while.

Jeff sums it up: “My protocol is simple. I ingest a couple of small dabs of FECO cannabis oil daily, along with a wholesome diet – minus nutritionally deficient and often toxic processed food, and daily exercise. This protocol equals real healing. One of the most beneficial exercises I can recommend is simply walking!” Jeff’s current dosage is a half gram of Cannabis oil divided into two doses, one for the AM and the other taken in the PM.

We have a slightly different approach to cannabis therapies on this site, and if you’re interested we can carry that conversation further.

I can tell you that inhalation with a vaporizer will benefit the lungs, but it can be very difficult on sensitive tissues. An atomized medicine is much more effective for COPD, in conjunction to a regimen that gets the cannabinoids into the body most effectively.

This is a start. Ask all the questions you need.

Hoppy, by atomized I’m referring to atomized cannabis oil. It’s not a common practice, still in the early stages of development, but if you live in a legal state it’s certainly something I’d look into.

Awww.... guys. You’re gonna make me blush. :battingeyelashes:

I asked the same question the OP did, long ago. And there’s still been no info on cannabis and COPD or any other lung problems. Israel might be working on something but I don’t know. They excell at everything they do so I’m hopeful they’ll find some sort of cannabis that helps ‘heal’ COPD, although ‘they’ say it can’t really be done. I used the Rick Simpson Oil for 2 or 3 months in a capsule (oral) at night but it didn’t help.

Now I micro-dose with the Dynavap vaporizer and have tried many strains. And I use a Vapor Lung I made to cool things down a bit and is easier than maintaining a bubbler. See on youtube.

These 4 strains below tend to give me not so tight but much clearer breathing after exertion, along with a rise in PO (95) and no rise in pulse (72). All I can say is I have no clue whether these will help you but I hope so.

Moby Dick (Sativa)
Blackberry Kush (Hybrid)
Quantum Kush (Sativa)
Blue Headband (Hybrid)

My favorite strains are usually the Hybrids, but I didn’t find the Sativa’s listed above too strong at all. It really all just depends upon ‘how much’ you’re inhaling at one time.

Unfortunately, I think we were born too soon. :)

I asked the same question the OP did, long ago. And there’s still been no info on cannabis and COPD or any other lung problems. Israel might be working on something but I don’t know. They excell at everything they do so I’m hopeful they’ll find some sort of cannabis that helps ‘heal’ COPD, although ‘they’ say it can’t really be done. I used the Rick Simpson Oil for 2 or 3 months in a capsule (oral) at night but it didn’t help.

Now I micro-dose with the Dynavap vaporizer and have tried many strains. And I use a Vapor Lung I made to cool things down a bit and is easier than maintaining a bubbler. See on youtube.

These 4 strains below tend to give me not so tight but much clearer breathing after exertion, along with a rise in PO (95) and no rise in pulse (72). All I can say is I have no clue whether these will help you but I hope so.

Moby Dick (Sativa)
Blackberry Kush (Hybrid)
Quantum Kush (Sativa)
Blue Headband (Hybrid)

My favorite strains are usually the Hybrids, but I didn’t find the Sativa’s listed above too strong at all. It really all just depends upon ‘how much’ you’re inhaling at one time.

Unfortunately, I think we were born too soon. :)

Have you ever considered making the concentrated oil more bioavailable and microdosing in capsules? This would get you into the system through another door. I’m a fan of both multiple dosing times per day and coming into the body through more than one direction.

Where vaping will soothe the lungs a capsule regimen can create a baseline of available cannabinoids. Make that cannabis medicine more bioavailable while administering multiple times a day to keep a steady supply of components coming in and you increase the opportunity for healing vs symptom control.

Cannabis in general is a vasodilator, so it can help pulmonary function. I now only vape high thc cannabis and nicotine after 35 years of abusing my lungs smoking.

Have you ever considered making the concentrated oil more bioavailable and microdosing in capsules? This would get you into the system through another door. I’m a fan of both multiple dosing times per day and coming into the body through more than one direction.

Where vaping will soothe the lungs a capsule regimen can create a baseline of available cannabinoids. Make that cannabis medicine more bioavailable while administering multiple times a day to keep a steady supply of components coming in and you increase the opportunity for healing vs symptom control.

I gave up on the Oil in capsules because of the expense and lack of help. :) Somebody else will have to be the guinea-pig! Ha

I gave up on the Oil in capsules because of the expense and lack of help. :) Somebody else will have to be the guinea-pig! Ha

Haha! Made me burst right out in laughter. Lol!

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m seeing great success all over with a simple infused oil and liquid sunflower lecithin to increase bioavailability of the cannabinoids.

Creating CCO is indeed expensive, in cannabis plant material, and in the solvents necessary to make the concentrate. That’s why I turned my attention to infused oils and started making potent ones to use as medicine. I find infused much easier to deal with, and just as easy to dose.

Haha! Made me burst right out in laughter. Lol!

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m seeing great success all over with a simple infused oil and liquid sunflower lecithin to increase bioavailability of the cannabinoids.

Creating CCO is indeed expensive, in cannabis plant material, and in the solvents necessary to make the concentrate. That’s why I turned my attention to infused oils and started making potent ones to use as medicine. I find infused much easier to deal with, and just as easy to dose.

All I can say is I sure wish you were my neighbor! My friend in Az has COPD also and did make her own oil for capsules. She was discouraged because the bud is just so expensive in Az. I can get an ounce for about $65 whereas I think it would be more like $300 in Az.

I think you should market your idea. Make me some gummies I can take at bedtime. There, I feel better having finished putting in my order! :)

Back
Top Bottom