Conquer's Lavender Grow 2010!

Hi everyone!

I'm back! This will be my second grow, and my second journal. My first grow was excellent! I'm hoping to keep to keep improving, and learn more from you guys! This time around I'm doin a few more plants, in a larger space, and with more wattage. I just ordered some seeds a few days ago...so the grow won't officially start until I get that special package in the mail. But here's some of the specifics:

-What strain is it? - Lavender
-Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - I'm assuming it's an indica dominant hybrid...don't know the percentages.
-Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Neither, waiting for the seeds to arrive.
-Indoor or outdoor? - They will be in a 4'x8' grow tent...I might let one go outside for a comparison.
-Soil or Hydro? - Soil
-If soil... what is in your mix? - FFOF & nutes
-If soil... What size pot? - 1gal into 5.5gal
-Size of light? - 430w T5 for veg, 2 600w HPS for flower
-Is it aircooled? - Yup

If there's any more specifics you'd like to know, just ask, I'll be happy to fill you in.

I'd also like to say that I totally flaked at the end of my last grow journal. I had some shit come up and I never got around to posting the harvest pics and the smoke report. I'm sorry to anyone that I left hangin...I promise it won't happen again!! If anyone would still like to see those pics, I can post them into the beginning of this journal. Let me know.

Anyway, I'm lookin forward to getting this grow started. :welcome: ...and thanks for coming!

Hey there!

I just thought I'd post a few pics of my space...I can't wait to get this show going!

CanonRebel_051.PNG

This is my 4x8ft diy tent in my garage...it's a 2x4 frame wrapped in 6mil panda plastic. I couldn't back up far enough to get it all in the photo.

CanonRebel_053.PNG

Here's a peek inside the tent. The T5 is waitin for the for the veg!

CanonRebel_055.PNG

One of the 600s stowed away until flower time.

CanonRebel_056.PNG

Here's just a couple random bagseeds that I started with some sunflower seedlings in the background. I won't be keeping them though...I'm thinking about doing some Johnny Appleseed action and setting them free in some nearby woodland. :smokin:

Anyway, I excited to get this going! Any pre-grow words of wisdom are encouraged and will be very appreciated!

Be back soon!

Still no seeds yet. I'm hopin they show up soon...I'm getting antsy!

Anyway, how many plants will I realistically be able to fit in my 4'x8' tent? I'd like to grow them out a bit, say a 2 month veg. I want some big plants. I was thinking 4 or 5. Any opinions?

Hey!

So, I've changed my mind and decided to keep the 4 unknown bagseeds that I recently germinated. I was planning on getting rid of them, but I seem to have a soft-spot for them. I guess this grow will be both Lavender and bagseed.
Anyway, since they are now part of the grow, here's some pics I took earlier...veggin under the T5.

CanonRebel_050.PNG

Bagseed at 12 days

CanonRebel_052.PNG

Top view

Be back shortly for more updates!:yummy:

Aloha,
the mystery girls(hopefully) got bigger containers today. I moved them up from their dixie-cups into 2gal pots. I plan to keep them there for about another month before they go into their final 5.5gal pots two weeks before I switch to flower.

Also...

All the seedlings are getting some serious claw-like leaf curl. The leafs still look healthy (other than the curl)...no brown burn spots or anything. Their soil was pretty dry, so I watered them and aimed the fan away a bit. That was about 5-6 hours ago, and they still haven't recouped.

Does anyone know what could be causing this??
Pics below:

CanonRebel_0551.PNG

Sizing up the pots

CanonRebel_054.PNG

Claw-like leaf curl...why??

:thanks:

Anyone have any ideas about the leaf curl??

I tried to do a bit of research, but haven't found any solid information about it. It's got got me a bit plexed. I guess I won't be too worried it unless the situation gets worse over the next couple of days.

Ok, So now I'm getting a little worried. This morning I checked on the babies and the leaf curl thing is still going on, and now some of the leaves are showing crispy brown spots!

Too close to the light? Underwatering? Soil too hot? - I don't know

Can anyone help identify the problem? Any comments would be much appreciated!!

CanonRebel_0561.PNG

CanonRebel_057.PNG

Thanks peeps!

they looked fine on the 28th what happened??

Did you pack the soil to tightly, or light and fluffy looks like there really struggling for some reason!
When you said that, Their soil was pretty dry, so I watered them and aimed the fan away a bit.

how much water did you give them when you transplanted?

was that before you repotted?

yea, the little ones are definitely struggling...not a hard soil issue though...it is light and fluffy goodness.

I noticed the curling before the transplating. I ended up watering (just enough to damp the soil...a few drops only came out of the bottom holes) a few hours before the transplant took place. No watering with the transplant.

yea, the little ones are definitely struggling...not a hard soil issue though...it is light and fluffy goodness.

I noticed the curling before the transplanting. I ended up watering (just enough to damp the soil...a few drops only came out of the bottom holes) a few hours before the transplant took place. No watering with the transplant.

Well there's your problem! i always give my soil a good watering when transplanting, fresh soil straight outta the may seem moist to the touch but it is not moist enough to sustain plant life especially under a hid.

water your plants in well and make the excess water soak back in to the soil so that there is no air pockets within it making sure all of the soil has been wetted! then start a wet/dry cycle..

Thanks! Good to know...
yea, I didn't water on transplant because the soil did seem nice and moist. guess it wasn't enough!

Hopefully they'll forgive me and hit that healthy vigorous growth stage in the next week or so.

Thanks and +rep for you!

Hey guys n gurls, just a quick update:

It's been a couple days and 3 outta 4 of the babies are looking a pretty much back to normal. One of them still has a bit of leaf curl, but is slowly showing signs of improvement. It was the one that got it the worst, so I guess it is still trying to shake off my mistake. I think it will forgive me

...I'll try to post some update pics in the next couple hours

Whatsup GreenThumb,

That's awesome man! I love me a purple plant! I was a little bummed that my last grow (purple monkey balls) didn't show any purple...So I'm hoping the Lavender won't let me down. Wish me luck!

Also, here's some pics to go along with my earlier update. Ending seedlings, entering veg stage!

CanonRebel_058.PNG

CanonRebel_059.PNG

:thanks: PEACE!

Oh, and I just changed my avatar. Yup, that's me...hairy huh! lol:ganjamon:

bro keep these bitches chilly when you flower them and they come out really nice and purple :) i had to cut a premie down and it had purple all up the inside and they stil have like a week or so to go

i swear man. thats not the same lavender i have. i know its lavender because its what they have at our club here. plus i know the guy who grows it.

theres actually a couple different lavenders.

Back
Top Bottom