Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

With all these conditions you should be really careful, guys! Don't get on the "it's just Chinese flu" bandwagon. It's a very serious disease with high risk and mortality rate that stands at 6,7% in Italy. As of yesterday we have 1,016 people dead. In the north they have no beds in hospitals anymore and they put the bodies in churches, cause morgues are already overflown.

You cant find toilet paper or hand sanitizer anywhere near us so I guess I will have to find some old news papers to wipe with, and I think we have enough soap to last a few weeks. Next they will close the business to the point only pharmacy's hospitals, and groceries stores are open so we need to stock up on some food too and more water

the toilet paper / face mask / hand sanitizer crap is ridiculous ....

regular soap and water is the best for hand sanitizer. the alcohol based stuff has been shown to not kill the virus that well.
a good alternate to bar soap is dishwashing liquid. it flows and coats really well. only a little is needed. readily available. liquid laundry soap also works great but dries the skin out.

edit : leave the face masks for the professionals unless someone in your household is currently sick ... our hospital is suspending some surgeries due to a shortage ... grumpy face ...

regular soap and water is the best for hand sanitizer.
I agree, and in a "normal" situation don't use hand sanitizer, but it's good for portability and, if you have to do things like pump gas, use an ATM, etc., it's good to have some on-hand. I was in a Publix grocery store yesterday and they didn't even have any cart wipes for the shopping carts! :thedoubletake:

I agree, and in a "normal" situation don't use hand sanitizer, but it's good for portability and, if you have to do things like pump gas, use an ATM, etc., it's good to have some on-hand. I was in a Publix grocery store yesterday and they didn't even have any cart wipes for the shopping carts! :thedoubletake:

it is not effective and lends a false sense of security when doing those same tasks. health professionals hate the public using it for those reasons.

if it makes you feel better, go ahead, may not help, but it won't do harm. just be aware you're not diminishing any chances of contact or contracting through it's use however. we have added stations for the product where i work, done mostly for public relations. no none is using it really, but it does send the message they want.

it is not effective and lends a false sense of security when doing those same tasks. health professionals hate the public using it for those reasons.

if it makes you feel better, go ahead, may not help, but it won't do harm. just be aware you're not diminishing any chances of contact or contracting through it's use however. we have added stations for the product where i work, done mostly for public relations. no none is using it really, but it does send the message they want.
My understanding is that, as long as it's around 70% alcohol, it is effective at killing germs. I just lasts only as long as you smell the alcohol, so it's not effective protection after it's been applied.

My understanding is that, as long as it's around 70% alcohol, it is effective at killing germs. I just lasts only as long as you smell the alcohol, so it's not effective protection after it's been applied.

the actual issue is it has tendency to evaporate before completely ridding yourself of bacteria or germs. the product was designed like this for the public, not health workers, as it dries fast enough that a towel is not needed.

That's why I drink the 100 proof rum even if it is only 50%....

Maybe I should make some real moonshine??????

Hope things are going good out there my friend.... Stay safe

That's why I drink the 100 proof rum even if it is only 50%....

Maybe I should make some real moonshine??????

Hope things are going good out there my friend.... Stay safe

beside the toilet paper / face mask / hand santizer thing, there's a run on isopropyl alcohol, and everlcear of all things .
people are using them as sanitzer. at least the everclear has multiple fun uses... :cheesygrinsmiley:

they deal with the actual crisis and we manage to invent one...

it's important to be sane though. i had a conversation with my at risk parents about possibly limiting contact with them, since i deal with the public on a daily basis. a few years ago i never would have contemplated that happening ...

...all good Stickey...kinda busy now, cause it's bike week, an annual event, kinda like Sturgis in the US...does make for some fun entertainment...lot's of TP here...sanitizer, not so much...trying to decide whether to bring home my favorite hot sauce and cheese, or TP... ;) :rolleyes:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

...all good Stickey...kinda busy now, cause it's bike week, an annual event, kinda like Sturgis in the US...does make for some fun entertainment...lot's of TP here...sanitizer, not so much...trying to decide whether to bring home my favorite hot sauce and cheese, or TP... ;) :rolleyes:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
well if your eating that your going to need the cheese to plug you up and the tp to clean up. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom