Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

I get it, man. People think that more potent bud will always get them higher, but it's not true. It's not called relative potency for nothing :)

I think everybody remembers their first ugly bud, that was unusually spacey and psychedelic. That's how you learn that looks are not that important.

We're in business officially. We've been registered in Swiss Chamber of Commerce this week. I'll be setting up mother room next month. I chose some nice QBs from HLG for that. We're gonna throw some solar panels on the roof too. It's gonna be a lot of work in the beginning. We need to set up a lab, start working on logo, website, marketing, social media presence etc., but I'm not complaining :)

I'll check the signature.

That seems to be the way to do it :thumb:
umm no, you do not get what my point is, you are mistaken in thinking im in the 'pro Indica' camp and against Sativa, which im not in either, because they are both good in their own right imo, of course people who have smoked good quality Sativa & Indica realize they have a very different type of high, maybe you have never smoked 7% sativa & only been blessed with high THC types? i will try to explain more clearly to you about the difference between the 'new' Indica' type/s namely Northern Lights and the standard 7% bush buds Sativa had on the scene here.
the average commercially available Sativa bud here were approx 7%, now that varied on occasion to very good /higher quality Sativa on occasion, but mostly 7%, so the high from 7% Sativa can be a pleasant & cruisy high, thats all & good, it will certainly not knock your socks off, some people were happy with the 7% Sativa, though many yearned for a stronger hit, if there had been widely available higher THC Sativa to the general public instead of those fortunate few who hoarded it i think the scene here would have evolved to a very different place, im guessing the outcome would have been approx 50/50% Sativa/Indica smokers here, as it were along came NL/Skunk, very high THC, yes of a different type of high from Sativa but it was the hit that many were looking for, and it was consistent! now the people who took up smoking in that turning point of the scene here had 2 choices - 7% Sativa or a very powerful Indica dominant type, these people had never seen or had the opportunity to smoke high quality Sativa because it were not available anywhere, they only had 2 choices! i had been in the smoking scene for a time before the influx of the new NL/Skunk genetics hit these shores so i were lucky to have had some A grade Sativa on occasion, the outcome of that generation(1980 on) of smokers are that only the dense, pungent & high THC Indica are any good as there were zero quality Sativa types to compare available.
i wouldnt let this historical fact stick in your craw, its obvious you cannot bear 1 possibly negative word about your beloved Sativa, true historians are not 'selective' in what really happened in their chosen subject, the good & the bad are included...the truth is the truth

here's a 50/50% Sativa/Indica bud...cos i luv em both!
IMG_4884.JPG

umm no, you do not get what my point is, you are mistaken in thinking im in the 'pro Indica' camp and against Sativa, which im not in either, because they are both good in their own right imo, of course people who have smoked good quality Sativa & Indica realize they have a very different type of high, maybe you have never smoked 7% sativa & only been blessed with high THC types? i will try to explain more clearly to you about the difference between the 'new' Indica' type/s namely Northern Lights and the standard 7% bush buds Sativa had on the scene here.
the average commercially available Sativa bud here were approx 7%, now that varied on occasion to very good /higher quality Sativa on occasion, but mostly 7%, so the high from 7% Sativa can be a pleasant & cruisy high, thats all & good, it will certainly not knock your socks off, some people were happy with the 7% Sativa, though many yearned for a stronger hit, if there had been widely available higher THC Sativa to the general public instead of those fortunate few who hoarded it i think the scene here would have evolved to a very different place, im guessing the outcome would have been approx 50/50% Sativa/Indica smokers here, as it were along came NL/Skunk, very high THC, yes of a different type of high from Sativa but it was the hit that many were looking for, and it was consistent! now the people who took up smoking in that turning point of the scene here had 2 choices - 7% Sativa or a very powerful Indica dominant type, these people had never seen or had the opportunity to smoke high quality Sativa because it were not available anywhere, they only had 2 choices! i had been in the smoking scene for a time before the influx of the new NL/Skunk genetics hit these shores so i were lucky to have had some A grade Sativa on occasion, the outcome of that generation(1980 on) of smokers are that only the dense, pungent & high THC Indica are any good as there were zero quality Sativa types to compare available.
i wouldnt let this historical fact stick in your craw, its obvious you cannot bear 1 possibly negative word about your beloved Sativa, true historians are not 'selective' in what really happened in their chosen subject, the good & the bad are included...the truth is the truth
It seems that you may not get what Conrad is getting at. He is saying that people think THC percentages are the only thing that matter, when in fact they are not. A lot of people, especially the ones that are say 40+, seem to care more about the character of the high than they do getting blasted. That may not be how it is where you are at, and the bush buds you were able to get may have shit for character. I see plenty of people on here with jars upon jars of different strains and yet they continuously reach for jars of buds that test out in the mid teens over buds testing in the 20+% area. I forget what Neiko's Bubba Hash tests at (I am pretty sure it is in the mid teens but could be mistaken) but everyone that has tried it mentions how it is one of the best indicas they have ever tried. Even when compared to 25% THC indicas. You mention the power of the skunks and the NL, and how they were the hit that most people were craving. Yet you also mention that the high is different. Could it not be said then that people were looking for more sedation than the soaring up high typical of sativas? Before you mention it, yes I know mid teens is twice the 7% of the bush buds. I get that but 25% indicas comapred to say 12-13% indica with the lower potency one coming out on tops tells you all you need to know about Conrads point. THC percentages are not the be all end all when determining if something is worth smoking or not, and also if the people were able to get some better sativas then whatever garbage had been getting pushed as bush buds (no offense Amy) they may actually find they enjoy the sativas as much if not more than the indicas.

P.S. No where did I see him say that you were pro indica and against sativa at all. He said:

I get it, man. People think that more potent bud will always get them higher, but it's not true. It's not called relative potency for nothing :)

I think everybody remembers their first ugly bud, that was unusually spacey and psychedelic. That's how you learn that looks are not that important.

Meaning that if those other people had had access to something better than the character lacking bush buds, they may have appreciated sativas as well.

It seems that you may not get what Conrad is getting at. He is saying that people think THC percentages are the only thing that matter, when in fact they are not. A lot of people, especially the ones that are say 40+, seem to care more about the character of the high than they do getting blasted. That may not be how it is where you are at, and the bush buds you were able to get may have shit for character. I see plenty of people on here with jars upon jars of different strains and yet they continuously reach for jars of buds that test out in the mid teens over buds testing in the 20+% area. I forget what Neiko's Bubba Hash tests at (I am pretty sure it is in the mid teens but could be mistaken) but everyone that has tried it mentions how it is one of the best indicas they have ever tried. Even when compared to 25% THC indicas. You mention the power of the skunks and the NL, and how they were the hit that most people were craving. Yet you also mention that the high is different. Could it not be said then that people were looking for more sedation than the soaring up high typical of sativas? Before you mention it, yes I know mid teens is twice the 7% of the bush buds. I get that but 25% indicas comapred to say 12-13% indica with the lower potency one coming out on tops tells you all you need to know about Conrads point. THC percentages are not the be all end all when determining if something is worth smoking or not, and also if the people were able to get some better sativas then whatever garbage had been getting pushed as bush buds (no offense Amy) they may actually find they enjoy the sativas as much if not more than the indicas.

P.S. No where did I see him say that you were pro indica and against sativa at all. He said:

Meaning that if those other people had had access to something better than the character lacking bush buds, they may have appreciated sativas as well.
yes & no & yes & no, my goal here in Conrads thread were to offer info about an important part in the Cannabis history of a country, i get the feeling that since it were not Sativa coming out of it all with a winning banner that said history is all of a sudden undesirable, its ok man, im done here & im not on about trolling etc, i wish everyone who reads anything here grows on to better things, im done here in this thread! goodluck all

yes & no & yes & no, my goal here in Conrads thread were to offer info about an important part in the Cannabis history of a country, i get the feeling that since it were not Sativa coming out of it all with a winning banner that said history is all of a sudden undesirable, its ok man, im done here & im not on about trolling etc, i wish everyone who reads anything here grows on to better things, im done here in this thread! goodluck all
It isn't that your version of history is undesirable. It is more so the fact that, like in your country, most of the world has grown more accustomed to indicas or indica leaning hybrids. You are correct in your history I am sure, though you may have missed some of the key points as to why skunk and NL were being grown instead of killer sativas. Such as the bloom time of sativas being much longer, they are harder to control inside, and they have a tendency to hermie. All of these facts along with peoples preference to the more sedative high have in fact seen indicas come out on top in markets all over the world. You seemed to take it personally that Conrad was saying that there are sativas that have much better highs than indicas and feels it is a shame most people do not get the chance to try a truly great sativa. Which leads them to forming ill opinions of sativas unnecessarily.

I enjoyed reading your history. I found it truly entertaining, as I am sure most everyone else reading did. It just seems like your reaction to Conrad's post was a bit unwarranted. I truly get why the scene in your area evolved the way it did. I grew up smoking "commercial" weed, which is seeded brick bud usually grown in mexico averaging 3-8% THC. If you got nearly seedless, green "commercial" bud you were doing well for yourself. If you were lucky you knew someone that grew outdoor or "home grown" and could get that throughout fall and maybe winter. The truly lucky knew someone with an indoor garden and could get named strains regularly. My first "good" weed was Beesters or BC bud and then it would turn into "dank" bud after that. But being a broke kid commercial weed was my go to. I could get ounces for $125-$150. Homegrown went for $250-$300 an ounce and indoor went for $300-$400 an ounce. (My buddies dad has told me stories of selling Dr's and lawyers ounces for $500 :thedoubletake:) Now I have not seen commercial weed any where in a couple of years. I have heard of homegrown, or outdoor, going for $600/pound! Really well grown indoor is going for $150-$200 an ounce. Almost all bud being pumped out in the area is a cookie cross of some form. No one will even look at skunk or NL at this point and sativas would be laughed at by almost everyone! The demand is for frosty, colorful, DENSE buds. So indica it is every where. I do not know a single commercial scale grower that will take the time to grow sativas.You need to find small scale home growers doing it for the love of sativas to find them.

I don't think anyone here knocked indica at all. We were specifically discussing sativa. I think most people discussing here grow some indica so No one is saying sativa is better. Just a lot of us in this thread have a common enjoyment for sativa and we were discussing the younger generation preference for indica buds. Anyways have a good day

Drive-by Con.. so you going to give it a try I see..

Best luck to you from both me and Miss J...

Keepem Green

Yeah I just wanted to say that I really don't have a clue how all this discussion where I'm supposed to be at the other end of the gun happened... I just don't. I see it all the time though. Somebody got stoned and thought something was said when it wasn't or said that somebody thought something when it didn't happen or made a stupid argument over somebody's assumption that was basically never made. It's all a big misunderstanding to me and I don't have any will to get to the bottom of another meaningless exchange of arguments or explain something that doesn't have to be explained in the first place.

Have a good weekend everybody :passitleft:

really don't have a clue
I’ve had a half written post sitting here for a few days, trying to say exactly that. I just couldn’t see where you’d said anything even remotely negative. :hmmmm: Go figure.
don't have any will to get to the bottom of another meaningless exchange of arguments or explain something that doesn't have to be explained in the first place.
thanks for that wisdom - words to live by :)

Drive-by Con.. so you going to give it a try I see..

Best luck to you from both me and Miss J...

Keepem Green

Yeah I’m all in it seems. At the end of the day this is something I can do successfully way more than anything else and the market is hot, so I’d blame myself later for not jumping in. There’s a long way to go for weed though and I’d like to shape things in my own style. It’s also the best idea in our economic climate here, a bit of light in the tunnel.

Yeah I just wanted to say that I really don't have a clue how all this discussion where I'm supposed to be at the other end of the gun happened... I just don't. I see it all the time though. Somebody got stoned and thought something was said when it wasn't or said that somebody thought something when it didn't happen or made a stupid argument over somebody's assumption that was basically never made. It's all a big misunderstanding to me and I don't have any will to get to the bottom of another meaningless exchange of arguments or explain something that doesn't have to be explained in the first place.

Have a good weekend everybody :passitleft:
Sometime ya just gotta shake your head and move on brother.

Better to get in early.. Here's it's to late everybody and their brother is in the market., And it's flooded with product... You can't even give it away anymore..

Back
Top Bottom