Const on Flower room finished how many you guys think will fit

Purple Goose

I just finished building my flower room Ill be brining rooted clones in here which will have been veged for 2 weeks under 325watts of cfl lights then given another week under the mh before the flip take a look at what I have layed out need going to be running white widow and himalayan gold in here thought maybe 25 tell me what you think ??????
S7300819.JPG

So if 25 might be crowded was thinking at least 20 area is 34 sq ft under 1000w switchable.

have you FIM'd or LST'd any of these or are they going to be growing straight up? If they are untouched, yea 25 will fit.

Only a single 1kW for 34 square feet?

Only a single 1kW for 34 square feet?

Well according to all the reasearch I have done 1200w would be optimum for this space but 1kw will be fine the area is actually 5 x 6'6" so 32 sq' but I found a nice little calculator program that works out the optimum lighting for your garden and what the maximum is before you will reach the point of diminishing return. for 32sq'2 the Minimum is 800w optimum is 1200w and maximum 1600w which is 50w per sq' the optimum is 40w per sq' and minium is 25w per so the 1000w should do nicely.

have you FIM'd or LST'd any of these or are they going to be growing straight up? If they are untouched, yea 25 will fit.

Just going to go with clones no fim or lst will give them 2 weeks of veging 10 per 150w cfl light then move to flower room 1 more week under the mh and then switch to 12/12 I think I should be able to get 600g or so this way I want to do it as a perpetual harvest so that once I pull the plants I can move in 20 replacements.

18-20 UNDER THE 1000..grow them short though...3 weeks max

That was actually my plan once roots are on the clones 2 weeks under 300w of cfls and then 1 week under the mh switch to flower and sativas will be rooted and given 1 week under the mh so they should stay short. The way I was thinking is under my 300w 6500k cfls I will lst them for 2 weeks to promots side growth and then put them under the mh on the 3rd week to get them well rooted and past transplant shock with a small does of tranplant nutes and a b vitamin nutrient to ease the shock even further by the end of there 3rd week when I flip them they should be well rooted and provide a wicked main cola and possibly 2 -4 mid size side branch colas .

I figure that should keep fairly compact around 3-4' and maybe 18" across that would be about half the size they would be if outside :hmmmm:

Pit If I was to go with 15 instead of the 20 about how much do you think this room could handle the strains I will be running are White Widow , HImalayan Gold, Super crystal and Armaggedon wont be doing them all at once but I only named them as these are all supposed to be able to generate plants about the same size. I was thinking I could probably get my clones rooted then give them 2 weeks under cfl's then move them to the flower room and give them 2 more weeks under my mh before I flip them , if growth patterns are what I expect they should reach close to 4' in height and take up 2 square feet of the canopy each, see what I am shooting for is about 2oz per plant.

When you start White Widows how old are they before you put them to flower as it seems your plants in the one journal I read of your grows your plants looked to be about 3 1/2-4 feet tall with some decent side branches which is the size I would be shooting for if I go with 15 plants.

I have a grow room with 64 square feet total space. But part of the space is taken up by fans, so maybe 55-60 square feet total available room for plants.

In my first grow, we had 22 plants in there after vegging 8 weeks and they were all crammed together, the lower branches could not get much light, etc.

For the second grow, I reduced it to 16 plants, and they are spaced out much better, light can get down in between them, and they seem to be growing better than the first time.

If you are going to do a short veg time them maybe you can put more in, but if you're giving the plants the full 7-8 weeks that they need to veg properly, put in fewer plants so they have room to grow and get light.

I have a 1000 and a 400 watt HPS for flowering.

That's just my opinion.

I have a grow room with 64 square feet total space. But part of the space is taken up by fans, so maybe 55-60 square feet total available room for plants.

In my first grow, we had 22 plants in there after vegging 8 weeks and they were all crammed together, the lower branches could not get much light, etc.

For the second grow, I reduced it to 16 plants, and they are spaced out much better, light can get down in between them, and they seem to be growing better than the first time.

If you are going to do a short veg time them maybe you can put more in, but if you're giving the plants the full 7-8 weeks that they need to veg properly, put in fewer plants so they have room to grow and get light.

I have a 1000 and a 400 watt HPS for flowering.

That's just my opinion.

My general plan is my first grow will be 22 plants which I will just let grow without interference from lst ,pruning etc for about 4 weeks before fliping to flower I will take a cutting from each get them rooted and veg them until there originals are ready culling out clones from plants that show more problems with disease and other weaknesses and keep the strongest 2 for mothers. After that Ill taking 20 clones at a time rooting them and then giving them 2 weeks veg under cfl's with a bit of lst training and then one week under my mh then put them to flower with no manipulation. When I tried this method 15 years ago as an experiment just growing them preventing side growth I was able to get 24 plants under a 400w hps in a 3 x 3 space ebut as I said there was no side growth just straight coloas about
28" tall each weighing 18-30g a piece. So I am hoping if I follow this same method with taller plants and more mature the switch to flower should be faster and the yield should be far superior.

Back
Top Bottom