Contest Awards - Input Needed

Please Vote For Contest Rule Changes

• Keep things the same

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Do away with runner ups (old winners keep titles)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Do away with runner ups (old winners lose titles)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do away with runner up titles but still award the rep points (old winners keep titles)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Do away with runner up titles but still award the rep points (old winners lose titles)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Add the date for the latest win to the member's title

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Do not add the date for the latest win to the member's title

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting discussion... at first I was taken aback that people would have a problem with the way things are now, enough to bother Soniq who I'm sure has better things to do...

But then I realized how important this site is, and these discussions are to some people, and so I join Andy in being glad that we can have a mature discussion about what might serve us all better.

Having said that, I'll vote for 420fied's plan - I like the way he thinks. It's far too easy to take something simple and fun, over think whatever aspects, attribute too much importance to the minutia, and wind up with a pain in the ass.

There is so much good karma on this site; whenever someone violates it, they stand out like a sore thumb. I guess what I'm trying to say is: Let's keep the rules to a minimum, trust karma to handle the few that take advantage of that, and keep on enjoying the hell out of this wonderful community.

OK team, thanks so much for the input and feedback.

I wanted to let the thread go on for a spell, to make sure that everyone got a chance to vent their spleen.

I'll put up the poll on the open questions and we'll see what happens. On some of the other issues and good ideas I'll post a summary of what we're adopting

Thanks again for the mature civil discussion ;)

:thanks:

Thanks again for all the great input. We had lots of excellent suggestions. Those where a strong consensus existed and/or were not more work have been listed below. I've also added an explanation where appropriate.

There are still a few open issues - please vote for the your preferene in the poll.

:thanks:You can select more than one answer because we have multiple topics.:thanks:

Decisions &/or Changes Based on Input
1) Titles stay for life
2) Repeat wins for first place get (2x) or (3x) etc. as added recognition
3) MOTM first place can only win once per 6 months
4) We will hold "of the year contests in each category" - a run off between each of the monthly winners
5) We unfortunately can't use the ribbons idea due to restrictions in the title field
6) We don't want to add titles to profiles or other areas because they are member editable
7) Idea of additional prizes is under advisement for now
8) Regardless of the results, past winners and staff can post their contribution even if they aren't eligible for voting (still need to follow the other rules though)
9) We won't be abbreviating the titles (i.e. NOTM)

Things to vote on - You can select more than one answer because there are multiple topics
1) Keep things the same
2) Do away with runner ups (old winners keep titles)
3) Do away with runner ups (old winners lose titles)
4) Do away with runner up titles but still award the rep points (old winners keep titles)
5) Do away with runner up titles but still award the rep points (old winners lose titles)
6) Add the date for the latest win to the member's title
7) Do not add the date for the latest win to the member's title

I have been reading this thread and its a hot one.
IMO...I dont want a 2nd or 3rd place title..who wants to be 3rd? but thats just me, If I enter a contest I dont want to be anything but 1st. thats what people remember.
my vote is in

I have been reading this thread and its a hot one.
IMO...I dont want a 2nd or 3rd place title..who wants to be 3rd? but thats just me, If I enter a contest I dont want to be anything but 1st. thats what people remember.
my vote is in

ya, the hell with everyone else. if you cant bag a win (like these guys) then you dont deserve any recognition

Weedpipe - Member of the Month ... 2nd Place Winner

Thanks Weedpipe for sticking up for us little peeps:clap:! It would of sounded much better coming from ANYONE else other than the two Michael Phelps's of 420.:;)::cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks like it's another tight race ;)

Sure am hoping to get more than 20 people voting :surf:

Did you cross link a sticky thread from the Contests forum to this thread? It might help pull in more people and increase the total vote count. Not too many folks browse the 420 Miscellaneous forum!

Good point

I'm heading there now anyway to do the title and rep point updates.

I'll post this link as well

Thx Munki +rep

:grinjoint: Glad I could help Soniq! There aren't many registered members on at any one time and we tend to stay in one forum or another, so cross promotion is key unless you can send out a mass PM to every registered member that has logged in in the last 30 days or something.

you know what my problem is, I've gotten attached to my CP page. only once in a while do i stray out and perhaps take on another journal. . . honestly i have too many as it is but i don't want to give any up.

but every month the contests end, and I have to venture out and find them all over again. . . when I took third, i had no idea i was even nominated until soniq told me I took third. lol.

i wish there was a way to make them rolling, so i could just subscribe once and be updated on them month to month. maybe a thread that doesn't allow posts and every month a link is added for the current month? then when you update, it will show as a new unread post?

also i don't want to add any more to soniq's workload but i wish anyone who is nominated could be auto-pm'd. . . but since i think soniq has to do it all by hand, it may not be worth the work.

i agree that i have to go to what i consider an obscure corner to find these contests. but to be honest, there is probably a ton of stuff on this site i would find interesting that i will probably never find.

two words. User CP.

Back
Top Bottom