Continous drip Hydroton?

when i start to grow i work with waterfarm systems but i lern thet if you whant to grow a difrent strian so it culd be a truble each plant heve difrent days of flowring and need to get difren nuts.its mor comfortable to build drip system you can tike the plant in anytime you whant.and keep grow for afew mor weeks.
i start now another grow 3 female from mix package staiva and 8 mix thai haze x skunk all of them from greenhouse

Thanks for the reply quantuman. Ya I wouldn't want to run more than one strain at a time in waterfarm even though my latest grow I think I am running two strains so it is going to be interesting. I think one is going to suffer as in either loosing yields do to flushing the first one that is ready or not flushing one to try and feed the other if it is still going. However I try and grow only one strain at a time per reservoir.

Through my reading it seems that clogged drippers seem to be the biggest deterrent from drip. I had a few clogged today and I just cleaned them and everything seems good so far. I just can't see it being any worse than areoponic sprayers. I would assume that they would get clogged just as easily and be more of a pain to clean.

I am definitely going to watch what I put into my reservoir to make sure that nothing goes is that could clump and potential plug my drippers

Thanks for the reply quantuman. Ya I wouldn't want to run more than one strain at a time in waterfarm even though my latest grow I think I am running two strains so it is going to be interesting. I think one is going to suffer as in either loosing yields do to flushing the first one that is ready or not flushing one to try and feed the other if it is still going. However I try and grow only one strain at a time per reservoir.

Through my reading it seems that clogged drippers seem to be the biggest deterrent from drip. I had a few clogged today and I just cleaned them and everything seems good so far. I just can't see it being any worse than areoponic sprayers. I would assume that they would get clogged just as easily and be more of a pain to clean.

I am definitely going to watch what I put into my reservoir to make sure that nothing goes is that could clump and potential plug my drippers

When I do use Continuous drip i prefer using hydroton rather than say perlite or rockwool. The extra space between the clayballs helps maintain high oxygen levels vs the other grow mediums. As far as clogging, I do two things; Invest in a pump filter bag which goes around the pump and sinches tight at the drawstring (kinda like a crown royal bag does) and use a nutrient that has less potential for salt build-up than say GH. Ionic works well for me. It still can build up, but is far less likely to in my experiences. You could also go with an organic nutrient that is tailored for hydroponic systems (like Pure blend Pro).

Hope that can help.
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom