continue MH 1 week into flower?

Is Wut It Is

i hear alot about hps causing a little stretch when flipped to flower.. i have a switchable ballast and both bulbs.. and just needing an opinion or 2 from some experienced... do you think by not swapping out my bulb for a week after i switch it to flower 12/12 would help to keep it from stretching as much? then switch to the hps..

on my current grow, I waited one week just because my new lights hadnt come in yet, only one streched a little, might have been the strain IDK, all of my other grows I`ve gone right to HPS and had no strech issue, keep the light at the optimum height from canopy, in the thread "how to grow marijuana" under lighting, there are distances for the different wattage HPS lights, good luck : )

I believe there are 3 things that dictate how much stretch you see:

1. Strain grown
2. Strength/type of light used
3. Distance between the light source and the top of the plants

I use HPS for veg and Flower with good results. Best of luck.

I have heard some folks sticking with MH one or 2 weeks into flower. I have put my plants straight into HPS at start of 12/12 with no problems of stretching. My HPS is pretty close so I think that helps immensely. Since I am growing upwards of 30 plants at once it gets tricky trying to run MH for 12/12 when i have other plants further along in flowering.

CGs

good answers yall thanks... yeah i guess ill just go with the hps right off the flip..somewhere down the lione im gonna try it out though..see if i notice any kinda difference... good luck to all

Back
Top Bottom