Controlling Smell In Closet With Carbon Air Scrubber & No Ventilation/Ducting

hct0194

Hey guys. I am new member to this forum and pretty new at growing INDOORS. So right now at the moment I am doing a grow in my closet, I have no way of running any ducting and am currently using a 400watt HPS bat wing with no ventilation duct, even if there was its not an option. My question is cant you just sit the carbon air scrubber in the closet and let it filter and recirculate clean air? or does it HAVE to go through a duct too another room? It does not seem like it would have too since its putting back out clean air.. but this is my first time indoors. I found this product online and was hoping I could just sit it in the closet and let it clean the air without the hassle of running any ducting. get back with me guys and let me know from your experience/s. I live in an apartment and have about 2 months before flowering ;)

AIR SCRUBBER

Grow Room Ventilation 400 CFM Carbon Filter & Fan 6 inch

For the carbon filter to work you have to create a slight vacuum in the grow area so the only air leaving the area is going through the filter and out of the room. Its easiest with a grow tent so then you can control the size of the air intake hole and as long as your blowing the air out of the tent through the filter it will be clean. Heat may become an issue though if you exhaust in the same room as the intake.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It makes sense too me, just wanted too check. Thanks a lot ;)

Sent from my SM-N920T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For the carbon filter to work you have to create a slight vacuum in the grow area so the only air leaving the area is going through the filter and out of the room. Its easiest with a grow tent so then you can control the size of the air intake hole and as long as your blowing the air out of the tent through the filter it will be clean. Heat may become an issue though if you exhaust in the same room as the intake.

Will the airscruber I mentioned be a good choice or do you recommend something else in the same price range?

Yeah looks good to me, if you got a tent you could sit that in a hole in the top with the filter hanging inside anf open an intake hole in the bottom of the tent and you would be good. Just have to watch your temps.

Yeah looks good to me, if you got a tent you could sit that in a hole in the top with the filter hanging inside anf open an intake hole in the bottom of the tent and you would be good. Just have to watch your temps.

Thanks. It's only 4 plants 3 OG kush 1 barneys critical kush plan too keep them under 3 ft. ;)

Thanks. It's only 4 plants 3 OG kush 1 barneys critical kush plan too keep them under 3 ft. ;)

Np, i have 4 plants too in 5gal. That last month of flower is super smelly. I use a similar fan and if i dont create a good enough vacuum smells my whole place up in minutes.

Np, i have 4 plants too in 5gal. That last month of flower is super smelly. I use a similar fan and if i dont create a good enough vacuum smells my whole place up in minutes.

Dang 5 gal. Mine are in #3 pots. About 3 weeks already. I've never grow OG kush before, its making so many bud nodesit's crazy I've never seen a plant grow with so many bud sites. I'm also using fox farm potting soil, First time using it seems too be wonderful stuff. Picture below

420-magazine-mobile1427581364.jpg

That's actually an older picture. The plants now has 4 more nodes growing up to the top like it's naturally been topped.

Nice, they look happy as hell there. i use ffof and the whole line of nutes too right now. Thinking of making my own super soil and watering with tea though, all organic.

You got a grow journal going? I just started one for my last weeks of flower.

No journal yet. I should start though. Yeah it's just a simple setup. Styrofoam board painted with elastomeric paint makes it very reflective and bright. The stalks are already about as thick as my pinkie and it's only been maybe almost a month.. I am using a 400watt HPS for the whole grow and great results so far, it hasn't grown stretchy AT ALL, it's short thick and bushy as hell and keeps growing and producing bud sites like crazy..I will start too use fox farms nutes soon but the dirt is great during veg alone with the perfect pH it doesn't really need it atm, not too say it wouldn't hurt lol. Mine is also all organic. I am using blackstrap molasses and have for a long time and it produces incredible results visible over night.. I will post a current pic when I get home. What are you growing atm?

I will start too use nutes right before flowering. But molases is GREAT. I've seen plants side by side grown with and without and it's a tremendous difference. I plant too top as soon as the top node develops one more bud site, and also plan to start using LST very soon.

Yeah i like to hold off on nutes til week 3 and use molasses for flower.

I got a cotton candy, blueberry gum, strawberry cheesecake, and berry bomb. In a 3x4 tent, were under 1000w hps but it broke. Now i have them under a 600w hps

Had some lockout issues, so not sure how they're going to turn out. Heres a link to some pics from tonight, 5 1/2 weeks from switch.

Yeah i like to hold off on nutes til week 3 and use molasses for flower.

I got a cotton candy, blueberry gum, strawberry cheesecake, and berry bomb. In a 3x4 tent, were under 1000w hps but it broke. Now i have them under a 600w hps

Had some lockout issues, so not sure how they're going to turn out. Heres a link to some pics from tonight, 5 1/2 weeks from switch.

What grow tent do you use?
No journal yet. I should start though. Yeah it's just a simple setup. Styrofoam board painted with elastomeric paint makes it very reflective and bright. The stalks are already about as thick as my pinkie and it's only been maybe almost a month.. I am using a 400watt HPS for the whole grow and great results so far, it hasn't grown stretchy AT ALL, it's short thick and bushy as hell and keeps growing and producing bud sites like crazy..I will start too use fox farms nutes soon but the dirt is great during veg alone with the perfect pH it doesn't really need it atm, not too say it wouldn't hurt lol. Mine is also all organic. I am using blackstrap molasses and have for a long time and it produces incredible results visible over night.. I will post a current pic when I get home. What are you growing atm?

Re: Controlling Smell In Closet With Carbon Air Scrubber & No Ventilation/Ducting

Its some 3x4 2 in 1 tent i took the seedling section out and made it one big tent. You can find plenty of good ones one amazon for around 100. Heres a link

2-in-1 100% Reflective Mylar Hydroponics Indoor Grow Tent Propagation and Flower

1666637772511.png

I've been researching the same question. In my case I have a small grow room in an unheated garage. It is well insulated, so my little efficient space heater is maintaining a good temperature at a low setting. I hate to blow all that warm air out of the room where it is needed. I do have ducting going outside, but was hoping to reserve that for warmer months and scrub in-room until Spring. Other threads I've read say I can do that - and I plan on at least trying. Just need a speed control to slow it down before I switch it on, but would like to see if anyone knows something about this that I should....
Lia.

Back
Top Bottom