Conundrum - Need advice

RoadKing07

Hello all,

I am at the end of my very first grow of two plants, 420 Blurberry Fem self flower and am at day 65 of flowering. It has been a fairly good grow and am thinking both are ready to harvest in 5 to 7 days.

Today being Dec 18 these will be perfect on Christmas day. Merry Christmas right? Well no, you see Im leaving on the 23rd for 7 days so I wont be here to harvest them.

Now my cunundrum; do I let them continue to grow until my return on the 30th OR do I harvest a bit early and somehow dry and cure without being home to open the jars each day?

I read if I keep them in their soil, and in darkness for the week I am gone with a gentle fan that may slow down their growth a little and still maintain its potency.

Currently my trichomes are 70 percent clear and 30 percent of the plant cloudy. Pistils on most are still tall and straight and have not curled yet. Most are this way anyway.

So which is the lesser of the two evils? Which is the least damaging. Im sorry I dont have photos and its difficult at best to choose without a photo to see.

Any advise suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, RK07

Re: Cunundrum; need advise

As a new grower about 1-2 weeks behind you I'm in a similar bind. I'll be gone around New Years and wonder how best to leave them, as the perfect harvest time is toward end of my time away. I had planned to water (no nutrients) real well before I leave and I already have it all on timers anyway. I've heard mixed info about continuing a bit of molasses in watering near end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on them being perfect on my return. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can turn the lights down (fewer bulbs), water well just before you head out the door, and they should be ready for a good soaking when you get back. It's OK if the room cools down some. This happens in nature as harvest nears.

If they tend to dry out before a week of no water, maybe wrap the pots in plastic trash bags, and bring the bags up the sides of the plants. Leaving the top open will vent extra moisture. The idea is to prevent desiccation. Reduction of light is not a big deal near the end of harvest.

Just some ideas to consider. it IS the dead of winter, after all, and it's DARK outside!

Good luck Nashby...Im leaning towards letting them grow. I never heard about the molasses but am hoping some of the experienced growers on here provides some suggestions. Im thinking the worst that can happen is they over rippen. Losing much of the THC is not desirable but oh well.
I have learned so much going through this first grow and this set of females have been experimenting. Ive read many of the journals on here and took a hard copy journal of my own grow. Glad I did it. Well good luck to you.
RK07

Thanks AKGrammas...Ive had issues with heat. I live in FL and keep the AC going. Its been really warm here. I think I will need an auto waterer as these girls get thirsty after 3 or 4 days so if I keep them going they will need watering.

Back
Top Bottom