Conundrum

Nedhead

Hi Gurus.

So I seem to have a conundrum. I know it’s a result of a newbie mistake but nonetheless I have it. I think. Next grow I will be sure to plant compatible seeds as far as auto vs non auto.
19F04D0E-75FD-42A9-8466-A059F0C71054.jpeg
A164ADE5-523A-47A8-89BD-C51CC6F00E71.jpeg
520E6544-82B8-4C9E-9BA5-B660F209B922.jpeg
45CFEE57-205F-41E3-B30A-5303FC438B69.jpeg
73EA38FC-5E90-45F7-9582-8B486BEF7E57.jpeg

First grow and in my excitement I planted Blue Cookies (feminized) and Northern Lights (auto fem). In the pic below of both plants the Blue Cookies is on the left and Northern Lights is on the right. Both planted on November 1st.

It seems that my Blue Cookies is starting to flower even though the light cycle has not changed at all. Still at 18/6. Pic below as well.

Now the questions.

1. Even though the auto (Northern Lights) has not started to flower should I switch to 12/12? I know either way (staying at 18/6 or switching to 12/12) will impact the yield of one or the other of the plants but separating them and giving them separate lighting is not an option unfortunately.

2. Now that the Blue Cookies has started to flower should I switch to my bloom nutrients for that plant? Of course I would start low for the dosage. 1/4 if the recommended mix. (Pics of nutes below)

3. Am I completely wrong and the Blue Cookies not flowering? If it matters the Blue Cookies is 14” tall and the Northern Lights is 11” tall.

Now the questions.

1. Even though the auto (Northern Lights) has not started to flower should I switch to 12/12? I know either way (staying at 18/6 or switching to 12/12) will impact the yield of one or the other of the plants but separating them and giving them separate lighting is not an option unfortunately.

2. Now that the Blue Cookies has started to flower should I switch to my bloom nutrients for that plant? Of course I would start low for the dosage. 1/4 if the recommended mix. (Pics of nutes below)

3. Am I completely wrong and the Blue Cookies not flowering? If it matters the Blue Cookies is 14” tall and the Northern Lights is 11” tall.
no, stay on 18/6 because your NL is not ready to go into flowering mode. The auto will thrive under the 18/6 even in flower.

yes, switch to bloom nutes on the blooming plant. Not sure i agree with 1/4 mix on a full on flowering and hungry plant, but do what you feel is best. If she starts yellowing due to hunger, you know what caused it.

And yes, your auto is flowering... thats what all the pretty pistils are all about. height doesnt matter.

no, stay on 18/6 because your NL is not ready to go into flowering mode. The auto will thrive under the 18/6 even in flower.

yes, switch to bloom nutes on the blooming plant. Not sure i agree with 1/4 mix on a full on flowering and hungry plant, but do what you feel is best. If she starts yellowing due to hunger, you know what caused it.

And yes, your auto is flowering... thats what all the pretty pistils are all about. height doesnt matter.

That’s the weird thing Emilya. It’s not the auto that’s flowering. It’s the one on the left (Blue Cookies) that’s flowering and she’s not an auto. I just check the NL and she has no pistils yet. I assume based on your comment that 1/4 dose of blooming nutes may be light? In your experience anyways. I guess if I’m leaving the lights on 18/6 it’s a moot point anyways but I find it odd that she decided to flower without any switching of her light schedule.

BTW. I do thank those who have taken the time to respond to my posts. It has been so so helpful and I have learned a ton. I hope I can one day return the favour.

I cannot day for sure that I didn’t I guess. The evidence seems to outweigh my memory although I was cautious to keep everything labelled from germination on. It does seem like the most logical explanation though doesn’t it?

This then begs the follow up question. What if I switch to 12/12 and cause the other to flower? I know it would impact the auto but the I would at least have two flowering at somewhat the same time.

Now the newb in me is really coming out. I think so? Pics included
D511DD2B-9D9C-4B6A-9C04-4996AFB96E40.jpeg
98C98CE1-C718-4242-B429-29A30EC7B6B8.jpeg

Thank you. I will give her a couple days to settle in during which time I am going to give both plants a little flush then switch to bloom nutes on the next watering after a flush (unless a flush really won’t do anything for them in which case I will go straight to bloom nutes). You are amazing Emilya!!

Id say mix up, somewhere and maybe you didn't.. anyway, just a little info some might like.. saw this quote pulled up yesterday.. makes it easier and better than coming from me..

Originally Posted by Nevil
It's not ruderalis, but it is from the EP line that produced plants that flowered under 24 hours light. I thought that that was a pretty special achievement, it only took me 20 years. The skunks were from my most developed SK line. I crossed the EP.SK to NL5Hz1 and to NL5122. Early Queen. That 4 way produced some amazing plants. Now and again you'd get a full on Haze effect, Sk1 bud structure, earlyness and that Oaxacan like fragrant zing from the EP and the resin and weight from the NL5. All that and hybrid vigour too. I wouldn't mind growing a good one in Kanga's back yard. I'd show you some yields.
N.

Back
Top Bottom