Cookies And Blue Diesel From Seed - With Pictures

CaptKimura

Hey all,

New member to the board but have relied upon the info here all through my first grow. This will be my second grow, having started with a dispensary clone of Strawberry Dream (Strawberry Cough x Blue Dream) kept organic start to finish.

12/9: Germinated 7 Cookies and 1 "Unknown", giving me a starting total of 8 viable seedlings; paper towel method with Kelp and Super Thrive at mild strength diluted in water. Fortunately, The "Unknown" is either a Blue Diesel or Tiger Blood OG, though so far it's growth is showing like the first. Considering they're bagseeds, I do not intend on finishing through should they hermie on me randomly, simply out of respect. BUT, and thats a big BUT, Im really hoping the mothers hermie'd out of stress rather than genetics, but only time will tell.

Unfortunately, privacy issues forced me to abandon my grow tent and 600w MH/HPS for guerrilla grow spots within my own home, garage, backyard, etc (catch my drift?). Anyway, this makes me new to CFLs and working in small spaces so I welcome help. Eventually, once I clone and sex them sometime this week, I hope to have a semi-permanent stealth type grow rig going for one or two plants. The smaller the better, so if anyone has suggestions, send them over.

Im currently housing the Blue Diesel** and 3 of the strongest Cookies sprouts in a store bought, 4-slot polypropylene wine carrier which looks and works just like a smart pot. The final and largest Cookies, transplanted a week earlier - soil from napkin, is the only planted in its own 1-gallon nursery pot.

**Update: Yet again, the stress surrounding this grow attempt forced an emergency transfer earlier today. I was planning to let them veg for a week and grow some real roots, sitting low in an 18-gallon container complete with privacy top, before moving the females (IF ANY!!!) to a stealth rig. Well, that didnt happen and the rushed transplant could have gone better. The "Blue Diesel", the one and only shot I have at a female with the incredible strain, suffered the worst when I snagged her largest taproot. Damn near broke my heart, but the show must go on.

ill be finishing the third week since breaking soil and shedding seed on Friday, though they are definitely still younger than what I started with my first go around. Straight waterings with the distilled variety and 1 teaspoon of Blackstrap molasses. They did, however, receive a 1/2 strength fert/tea soil drench the second week in the cups. This last transplant has left them rather hurtin, but im hoping we'll avoid the shock.

I go for definite dry/wet periods between waterings and generally rely on teas to keep up the micro- and macro-'s but also to keep the microbes happy. Not using a particular "super-ultra-mega-extreme veg and bloom" nutrient line, but I have the organic equivalents in bat guano, kelp meal, bone meal, gypsum, worm castings, and the lot. Ill be sticking with EB Stone Premium Organic Potting Mix as I liked the consistency from my first grow.

As for lights, stuck with the basics until i design my compact CFL rig. Currently:
32w x 2 (6500K) T8
23w x 3 (5000K) CFL
23w x 1 (2700K) CFL

Hopefully, things at home straighten out and I can finish them in my tent with the HPS, but Im only looking for a personal grow for my medical needs so who knows. As a new member, I welcome the community's help and suggestions. Peace.

***Pics up soon***

image6931.jpg
image6930.jpg
image6929.jpg

Having trouble with the loader, but here are some randoms that actually loaded. Odd, but ill try again later.

They look to have dealt with the transplant better than I expected. Humid Acid and Sea Kelp light watering and foliar feed day after transplant. I never water the day of the move. Peace

Looking over the patch this morning, I noticed the all too familiar white specks of a possible Borg attack on a single leaf tip. I almost kicked myself in the face, but I sacked up and broke out the neem and some cotton swabs. I cleaned underneath most of the leaves in the group and then sprayed them down THOROUGHLY with a neem oil mixture. Spidermites almost ruined my first grow but I'll get 'em this time around. There are few things in life I hate more than spidermites; reality shows based on housewives would be one of them.

Yep, Cookies surprised me with how awesome she can be. Hoping at least one of them shows sex soon cos I'm getting anxious.

Spent two days out of town, but all five plants and clone seem to have done well. I added an extra fan for circulation and raised the CFL's to about a foot and a half above the plants before leaving just to be cautious. The four in the divided poly-weave bag were left about an inch or so directly under the (2)-32w T8's; with the reflector, that's pretty much all the light they received. Overall, they're all looking healthy and with the exception of some lingering mites, no pests to complain of.

The clone I took last week is especially looking good. Humidity has been kept in the 90's and temps around the mid 70's. For the grow in general, winter has kept humidity a bit lower than I would like, 40's, but temps are right on, hovering near 75 around the clock. I'll have pictures posted in a few hours.

Yep, Cookies surprised me with how awesome she can be. Hoping at least one of them shows sex soon cos I'm getting anxious.

Spent two days out of town, but all five plants and clone seem to have done well. I added an extra fan for circulation and raised the CFL's to about a foot and a half above the plants before leaving just to be cautious. The four in the divided poly-weave bag were left about an inch or so directly under the (2)-32w T8's; with the reflector, that's pretty much all the light they received. Overall, they're all looking healthy and with the exception of some lingering mites, no pests to complain of.

The clone I took last week is especially looking good. Humidity has been kept in the 90's and temps around the mid 70's. For the grow in general, winter has kept humidity a bit lower than I would like, 40's, but temps are right on, hovering near 75 around the clock. I'll have pictures posted in a few hours.

here's what everyone really cares about; pictures as promised.

*UPDATED* - Cookies And Blue Diesel From Seed - With Pictures

This morning I said "screw it" and topped all four. Each one was already working on their 5-6 node, but the Blue Diesel was by far the shortest. Unlike the Cookie's growth, BD is putting more into side growth; something I found surprising considering how short the vegetation period has been. Put the tops straight into water with SuperThrive and now I'm up in the air of whether to start flowering the clone or donor for sexing. Any ideas?

I've looked over each node of all four plants and no sign of sex yet (x45 loupe). That's mostly why I decided to top them this morning, and plan of shoving one of the two (donor or clone plants?!??) straight into a 10/14 cycle per Big Ed. Good luck.
image7189.jpg
image7186.jpg
image7187.jpg
image7188.jpg

image8059.jpg
image8060.jpg
image8061.jpg
image8062.jpg
image8063.jpg
image8064.jpg
image8065.jpg
image8066.jpg
image8067.jpg
I would update more often, but I despise uploading one picture at a time from my phone; it's a turn off. So to sum things up, here goes:

-clones never showed sex. Not one. They ended up rooting, so I took the two that had done so the quickest and moved them to soil. That's right; only two weeks into veg.

-Decided on mainlining all the potential gals. And though progress has been slow, considering how late I decided to chop them up, they're doing great. Just yesterday they looked to be over the shock of the last pruning and hopefully today will be even better. Look up Nugbuckets guide to mainline if you have time. I was instantly sold considering my height and current lighting restrictions.

-Since transplanting last week, waterings have only included humic acid (help reduce shock and feed soil) and sea kelp (because it smells good); a combo that has worked well for me in the past. I don't really give a hoot about pH since it's soil organico. And most importantly, I only moistened the soil on transplant, and watered thoroughly three days later.

-Cookies seems to be a bit temperamental with humidity. Low fifties and they began to keel over, drop the fan and back up they would go. Blue Diesel is not as sensitive and has been growing similarly to the Cookies.

Ill provide a more detailed report later. Till then, enjoy the collage. It's a photo dump of the last week and a half.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom