Cookies & Gelato: Yum!

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
This is my first grow in my new Gorilla 2x4. Moving from a 5 foot to 6'11" is pretty nice. I'm growing in a light soil mix and feeding with Advanced Nutrients 3 part. I have two BavaGreen 120w LED's and Spider Farmer 1000 in the middle.

Two girls on the left are GSC, back right is Gelato, front right is the very last of my Durban Poison seed that I produced from my first grow on here back in 2013. They are all 7 weeks and were just up-potted. I'll be flipping them in a few days. The three little ones in the middle are my Afghani breeders. I have my own little seedbank of F1's and have hit on a few really nice crosses.

I got 8 oz from my last run in the old tent, hoping to better that this time.

GelatoCookies1.jpg
GelatoCookies2.jpg

Looking pretty good.
But those were "just up potted"?

You would save yourself a lot of problems and have a better chance at higher yield if you went with much larger fabric pots.
I've tried bigger pots, but I like working with the smaller ones. After about a month the soil is so porous it is just like feeding in a neutral medium, they will suck up a ton of water and nutes. The only problem I had with GH nutes was I got a lot of salt build up and, yes, that caused some issues. Advanced Nutrients don't seem to have that problem as much. Last grow was my best yield yet and I plan to do better this time!

Dang they flowering faster than mine. Wow. I'm week into mother plant and she not even got full nugs on all stems just on top so far little ones forming on bottom now. But you must have auto flowering .

Dang they flowering faster than mine. Wow. I'm week into mother plant and she not even got full nugs on all stems just on top so far little ones forming on bottom now. But you must have auto flowering .
No, they are all photos.

Hey there Panta! Lovely flowers building here. Probably gonna cop a squat and watch the rest of the journey with ya if that's cool

Hey there Panta! Lovely flowers building here. Probably gonna cop a squat and watch the rest of the journey with ya if that's cool
Thanks and welcome Krissi. It's amazing you have time to share your expert gaze with all the projects you've got going on!!

Those little guys in the cups are landrace Afghani I use to produce crosses (I also use Harlequin and Jack Herer for that). The lady on the left is the very last seed I got from a landrace Durban Poison that hermied in 2014. On another thread someone suggested that hermi seeds only produce hermies but I've grown a bunch of these in the past and 90% were all females.

:passitleft:

Thanks and welcome Krissi. It's amazing you have time to share your expert gaze with all the projects you've got going on!!
I'm busy but I always find time here and there to troll around some. Wish I had more time to visit more people and more often!
Those little guys in the cups are landrace Afghani I use to produce crosses (I also use Harlequin and Jack Herer for that). The lady on the left is the very last seed I got from a landrace Durban Poison that hermied in 2014. On another thread someone suggested that hermi seeds only produce hermies but I've grown a bunch of these in the past and 90% were all females.

:passitleft:
I am impressed with your crossing. I don't know if that is something in my future and surely something I am currently looking to gain some knowledge on. I am clueless to the processes and with my set up the way I have it, I would be so scared to have boys and girls close to each other. But, I am curious as the breeding process amazes me.

I have a bunch of seeds from my hermies. Gonna keep a couple now that you said that.

Happy growing Panta :passitleft:

I would be so scared to have boys and girls close to each other.
Once the boys flower the cohabitation ends. It's a long-distance relationship from then on. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom