Day 12

Hey everyone! Almost the end of week 2 for our lovely little ladies..and its been a bit tough for a few of them this week, with my increasing the amount of floods in the last five days or so it has been a bit of a ph battle! So after a few feeds up just below PH two seedlings have shown a bit of damage on there first leaves! After seeing this, I lowered feeds from 8 to 5 a day and dumped half the resi, re filled with fresh water, and ph balanced again. After that the resi ec was back to an EC 0.16, so nute strength was halved!! After just 2 days the burn had stopped and they were lookin better as well as growing noticeably. To my shame I know a lot better then to add nutes so early, however I usually give my rockwool cubes 50ppm of nutes while there soaking in ph dropped water. Doing this I can just feed water for 2 weeks happily and don't ever really see much nute burn. However with this grow I forgot the micro pre nute, and definitely went too hard too early with these girls. Ultimately the seedlings should only just be almost ready for there first 0.1 Ec week in a couple of days. Anyone reading please take note from my over eagerness ha ha ha, be kind to your ladies!

Ok, time to bare all and show that burn to the world ha ha,
IMAG040319.jpg

IMAG040219.jpg

Here's a happier one, and her family in there home! :)
IMAG040416.jpg
IMAG040517.jpg

Day 12 fresh resi this morning! New resi water EC 0.09 (40ppm) + Nutes @ EC 0.16 (80ppm) = EC 0.250 (120-125ppm) measurements taken mid feed.
In order of Ph, Ec, rootzone temp and resI temp
IMAG040617.jpg
IMAG041213.jpg
IMAG040817.jpg
IMAG040716.jpg

Cheers everyone for having a look! Looking forward to week 3!
KJC420

Hey Addonexus, cheers for checking out the journal mate! I've got to admit I do expect to get a few hermies too, sorry barney's but we've all grown heaps of there stuff lol. But perhaps like yourself I'll try find that real chronic fabled female ha ha. Honestly too I expect to cull more then half throughout flower as I had to with a vanilla kush grow I did of ole barney's! However what survived of the Vanilla kush by the end was worth all the work hands down! Super resi! ...But in my opinion the best barneys farm I have ever had was L.S.D!! Most frost and weight of all of em, more vigorous and resistant to mold and pests then there other strains I mentioned before. So far, L.S.D is there 'queen of the crop' of the ones i've grown previous to this current cookies grow.
As for these 8 unknowns, I will take clones when there ready and stress em real bad and see if I can find a no herm female using breeder and author Greg Green's no hermie finding mother method, from a section of his breeders bible on making your own fem seeds. Fair bit of work to try find 'the one' but hopefully it all comes out ok, and there's something good in the bunch :) Critical Kush is going to get a look at too later this year too to see if there's goodness there!

Pineapple chunk I had no hermie problem with but only grew 3 way back a few years ago :)
Have smoked Liberty haze and blue cheese from barneys grown by mates, and I'm not sure how they went problem wise but the end result smoke was great,

Ole barney's....I've had some of my best and some of my worst from them,
But when there on, damn there on! It's like an unhealthy relationship I can't seem to leave lol, even though I've been with plenty more reliable breeders ;)

I'll see if I can find a monster for ya ma friend :)
KJC420

Day 15
Hey everyone! :thumb:
I hope everyone's been well and a thriving garden to all! Today was Hydro Shop day, more expanded clay balls, a set of fancy new light hangers, a digital timer and of course..some more ph down! Ha ha. Few more bits and pieces for the set up, now named flood and drain 3.0! New changes are.....
Digital timer, so pump only runs for 30seconds after full flood, hopefully reducing overall daily PH fluctuations. Meaning less resi maintenance :)
Fill flood table with more hydroton, so i can let the exhaust fan come on at 29℃ again, and still maintain a happy root zone temp. Hopefully increase humidity through evaporative cooling from extra hydroton?
Flood over flow return pipe. When the table overflow was reach during flooding, the liquid would return through a pipe to the top of the resi, then cascade down through the air back into mix to recirculate. The new pipe just gently guides the returning water back to nutrient in the resi at surface level mid flood. The result seems to be less bubbles and splashing, less noise, and best of all.....a massive drop in Ph fluctuation over a whole day, the last two days, with 5 feeds a day, the Ph has on average gone from 5.7 to 6.2 roughly. Super happy so far and wanted to give it a few days to check the levels before posting on the apparent stabilization gain.
New light hangers....well they were just a better design :)

New Clay balls were rinsed thoroughly (in shower ha ha) and left in a big tub of Ph 5.7 water to soak and help balance them before adding them to the system. What I made sure of this time was, is that I re balanced the entire system. It's still very important to run the feed cycle on constant for a little while when the new clay balls are added and make sure the Ph is stable. I've skipped this before not wanting to sit, watch and adjust for half an hour, but this is really a vital step. Otherwise after a few feeds if left unchecked for even 24hrs, Ph spikes can be fairly high, just from the adding new media with re balancing the whole system immediately. Helps tons for me :)

Ok enough of the text....where the photo's at???

My fave lady so far, broardest leaves so far ha ha.
IMAG042320.jpg

Most are more or less like these girls.
IMAG042517.jpg

IMAG042420.jpg

All the girls at day 15 looking happy n healthy! Now with added hydroton for smiles on dials!
IMAG042121.jpg

The new resi return mod, it gets a good ole 'that's'a ma boy!" every time the ph pen goes in, for it's combines effort with new digital timer! Less circulation, less resi bubbles, more floods a day and more oxygen to the root zone :) good ole pipe n timer! Ha ha :)
IMAG041922.jpg

New average root zone temp after adding hydroton and raising tent temp up to 29℃. The root zone temp now averages 20.4℃, happy 1.1℃ drop :)
IMAG042719.jpg

Just a pic of the lights! 2x200w CFL's in a vented hood :)I like it for clones/seedlings and early veg, low heat good light.
IMAG042020.jpg

Cheers for chillen 420 ;)
KJC420

This is such an interesting technique to watch. I almost set up for this when I discovered Living Organic Soil and the ability to simply plant and water through to harvest. But if I hadn't discovered LOS, this is what I'd be doing today. When it works it works beautifully.

You apparently have it under control. Great work. I think I'd like to join your merry band. I could learn a thing or two.

:passitleft:

Now, wasn't I going to make coffee???

Day 21

Hey everyone! Have had a very busy past few days, sorry for the late updates!!

So most of the added hydroton has been taken out of the flood table, with the position of the filler tubes and overflow tubes currently, the water solution wasn't distributing evenly through the medium. For example when the ph pen was held in the middle of the table during feed the ph was at 5.9, however at either end of the table it was 6.5!!! Whoa!! Glad I caught that, the fluctuations in the resi were too big, I knew something wasn't right in the medium bed of balls. Now there are much less clay balls in the flood table And the fluctuations are much smaller over the whole day. However with the lack of clay balls to cool the root zone the temps are now unacceptable above 22℃.... So it may be back to raising the light a touch and a cool ambient temp inside the tent. Very frustrating, but it must be done as this week growth suffered from lack of nutrient flow and fluctuating ph. My mini flood table will get a overhaul for sure flow from one end to the other, instead of center fill/drain to eliminate the nutrient solution taking 'the path of least resistance'.

The important thing here this week I think is check, double check and check again with tuning a new system :) and never let it get you down, most Probs can be overcome or mediated. Just don't let your love for the project suffer by getting down. Small hurdles!

That being said, onto some photo's n stats!

This weeks ph average goal will be 5.9
Ppm currently at 250 (ec 0.5) and raising to 450ppm (Ec 0.9) by the end of the week, add 50pm every second day.
Resi temp (stable 21℃)
Root temp 23.1℃
Tent temp 29℃

Much slower growth this week
IMAG043120.jpg

IMAG042816.jpg

IMAG042420.jpg

IMAG043015.jpg

Thanks for stopping by everyone!
KJC420

Hey pics of older grows, I'll post more when the net lets me ha ha.

Trainwreck
trainwreck_2_1.jpg

Green Crack
IMAG058314.jpg

IMAG058115.jpg

Trainwreck and green crack 2 each
tw_gc.jpg

Outdoor MK Ultra showed purple
IMAG000230.jpg

IMAG000125.jpg

Mk no purple
mk_outdoors-2.jpg

LSD day 41 flower
lsd_g2_d41-31.jpg

lsd_g2_d41-2_2_1.jpg

LSD mother once moving on strains flowered and finished
lsd_g1_harv-31.jpg

Pineapple chunk day 30
pc_d30.jpg

LSD mother pre topping
lsd_pre_top.jpg

LSD mother early veg
lsd_early_veg.jpg

LSD harvest
lsd_g1_harv-3.jpg

LSD clone grow 2
lsd_g2_d41-2_2_.jpg

Pineapple chunk
pineapple_2_.jpg

my first grow day 30, pineapple chunk left side very front and back, lsd mother center
garden1_d30.jpg

LSD mother went hard from the start dwarfing her companions in a short time
lsd_baby.jpg

Outdoor buds :)
Tiva_unknown_-31.jpg

Something to look at while the cookies grow lol :)
KJC420

Well I just finished Greg Greens book, don't know if It's the most recent version because some things are wrong/off. However I learned a lot, and its a different vibe from the other 2 authors. Thank you for recommending them again. Also someone mentioned something about some Pineapple Chunk Pictures?

Hey mate, I found a few pics and put em up now, I have a couple more but I'm having trouble uploading em, keeps timing out :( But I shall Endeavour to get more posted as soon as possible :)

Was it Greg greens breeders bible or grow bible? I have Cervantes grow bible and a way old Mel Frank n Ed Rosenthal too (amongst many other loved titles!), So I only purchased - Greg Green's 'The Cannabis Breeder's Bible (2005) :)

Can never have too many too good ole 'cannabooks' ha ha :)
KJC420

A few more :) ...

Trainwreck
tw17.jpg

IMAG052914.jpg

Pineapple chunk
pineapple7.jpg

Mk ultra
mk_ultra1.jpg

greencrack and train wreck
IMAG051816.jpg

Outdoor mk ultra
IMAG045613.jpg

Trainwreck
trainwreck40.jpg

Greencrack
greencrack4.jpg

Trainwreck
IMAG052913.jpg

IMAG052818.jpg

Trainwreck
trainwreck_2_1.jpg

Happy growing 420!
KJC420

I really need to order Green Crack and Train Wreck. Both are on my wish list, and here you are taunting me with your photos! :laughtwo: Must be meant to be. Haha!

So, what's your personal take on the Train Wreck?

That's right. Tease us with all that experience and we start expecting feedback. :laughtwo:

Jaw dropping stuff, my favorite is the stick figure picture in the background. I found the Cannabis Grow Bible 4th edition on someone's G drive, so I took it and put it on my pad. Easy reading I don't like touching paper some times. It goes from ok to chalk board. Did that LSD turn out airy or was it all dense, because it looks dense to me? Very nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom