Cooking With Cannabis

Truth Seeker

First and Foremost I would like to teach you a trick regarding decarboxylation (the awakening of the euphoric and psychedelic aspects of Cannabis)

By placing your cannabis you plan to cook with on a piece of tin foil and placing in the oven at at temperature of approximately 160 degrees Fahrenheit (70 Degrees Celsius) for a period of 30 minutes will dry out the cannabis and decarboxylate the active ingredients.

Here is a nice chart I created to help when choosing temperatures (Remember, if you go over these temperatures you will ruin the active ingredients and will demolish your chances of having a danky little cannabis treat)

Source and Graph: Papa Kief: Cooking with Cannabis

Great trick and chart Truth Seeker. Here is a nice cannabutter recipe I like to use.

I use 1 ounce of ground/chopped bud (leave it chunky.) I bake that in the oven on top of parchment paper placed on a cookie sheet @ 225*F. Let bake for 40-50 minutes.

I take 1 pound of unrefined coconut oil, put it in the crock pot on low, and add my material. After I hear it sizzling I turn it down to simmer and let it cook for 8 hours. I then strain it through cheese cloth and refrigerate. I don't add water at any stage.

Use as any oil /butter substitute.

I'm very happy with how the decarb turned out. :woohoo: Did 80 gr of Nestle's Crunch mixed with 2 level teaspoons of kief. Mixed the kief with the melted choc and make 6 candies. Got a great buzz just from licking the bowl and spoon. Just need one quarter of a candy to get a great effect. Next time I'll double the chocolate.

First and Foremost I would like to teach you a trick regarding decarboxylation (the awakening of the euphoric and psychedelic aspects of Cannabis)

By placing your cannabis you plan to cook with on a piece of tin foil and placing in the oven at at temperature of approximately 160 degrees Fahrenheit (70 Degrees Celsius) for a period of 30 minutes will dry out the cannabis and decarboxylate the active ingredients.

Here is a nice chart I created to help when choosing temperatures (Remember, if you go over these temperatures you will ruin the active ingredients and will demolish your chances of having a danky little cannabis treat)

Source and Graph: Papa Kief: Cooking with Cannabis

Link recommends 220F not 160F?

I used 190 proof grain alcohol instead of butter/coconut oil for the first time.
My rational is longer shelf life? Use 3-5ml in tea. Have not tried cooking with it yet.

I used 190 proof grain alcohol instead of butter/coconut oil for the first time.
My rational is longer shelf life? Use 3-5ml in tea. Have not tried cooking with it yet.
I picked up some Everclear. I like the label where it says INFUSE.
20191126_173919[1].jpg

The original post seems a bit outdated. The correct temperture to decarb is 104c, or roughly 219F.

Back
Top Bottom