Cooking With Cannabis

Hey everyone!

So it’s Dutchman’s cooking show woohoo! :yahoo::slide::yahoo::slide:

Today I’m going to give you my “Xtreme DutchBuddah” recipe! This is for the HEAVY med users out there so please be CAREFUL !!!

Directions:
- 3 grams of hash
- 1gram of keif
- 5grams of buds

DECARB IS A CRUTIAL STEP!! I make all my hash, keif and weed small for decarb to get beat results and most even surface area.

A8121B14-0AB6-493C-8683-8F3E6585946C.jpeg
30D196CB-0E4B-45CD-94E0-90E33C5BA083.jpeg
5342A69C-6DCA-4658-BDB9-D625B2BD4442.jpeg

I decarb in the oven at 215’F for 45minutes. I remove from oven allow to cool for 30 minutes then it goes into the crockpot!
1B5D9660-73B0-4953-B195-76D7A5D1CDD6.jpeg

In the crockpot I put 3/4Cup of purified water and 2 sticks of butter (1Cup equivalent)
I then turn to low heat and allow butter to melt. This is during the time when the decarbed trays are cooling! Once trays have cooled for the ~30mins pour it into the crockpot with the melted butter and mix.
8363796E-C1AB-4719-9488-FED0C9757079.jpeg
79852679-B69C-4765-A113-F14FD2589182.jpeg
F643F6B7-D3A5-4511-AC08-2410F0202FDC.jpeg

Allow to simmer a minimum of 4-6hrs but I try to let mine go for at least 6hrs up to 8hrs if I’m not in a rush!
While it is in the crockpot put it on a “KeepWarm” setting and stir frequently ! Never allow the butter to simmer or come to a light boil, always make sure it’s just warming! Once you have cooked your butter for the 6-8hrs then remove from heat BE CAREFUL to not burn yourself and proceed to strain it through a double layer of cheese cloth into a heat safe bowl.

NOTE: Some may choose not to strain their butter. This is fine as long as you are ok with the bit of plant matter you will get. I personally like both ways! But for the sake of this I will say straining is going to give you the purest butter!

Put a heat safe plate in the fridge or a handy dish towel and put the strained butter into the fridge. Allow it to cool until fully solidified. Take a knife or spatula and scrape the edges the butter will be floating on top of the water. Pull it out and store in your favourite container !

Now for dosing. This as stated is a VERY MEDICATED butter. It is not for beginners so please use with caution. I use a 1/2C of this butter to make a batch of my famous :
-Dutch Oatmeal Cookies
x30 cookies about 2” round will last me and my wife about a month!
I have given them to a few of my heavy dosing friends and it couchlocked them in under 2 hrs ! The high lasts about 6hrs and is a euphoric roller coaster! These are perfect for an after dinner treat to send you into a nice long nighttime buzz and then into wonderland!:thumb:
I’m making cookies tomorrow so I will post some pictures of them as well!

Happy days my friends,
stay medicated !!:Namaste:

Thats some rocky horror shit right there. Man will be strutting about like Tim curry in high heels and stockings after 2 cookies with that butter.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

New Recipe
Cannabutter Cookies
1D9F8AEC-D5B4-4787-9B72-61EAEC0BD9D1.jpeg

Hey everyone! Hope your all well and enjoying the day! I had my very first harvest and all my small buds here of my White Widow !

18.6g of small buds decarbed at 230’F for 40mins as it was just about to go into jars! (Normally I would do a 30 min decarb but being a bit fresh I extended to maximize the extraction)
- The buds were wrapped in a tinfoil envelope twice to keep all terps inside!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
** DO NOT OPEN ENVELOPES!! **
If you open them while they are hot or warm still, you are losing all those precious flavour terps and the some of the goodness you want in your butter!

Once cooled and ready I introduce 1cup of butter into a mason Jar with the decarbed widow in a sous vide bath in the crock pot on low heat and mix once melted. With the lid on I allow to simmer for 4-6hrs to infuse butter.

Remove and allow to cool where able to handle but not solid. Pour through double layer of cheesecloth and strain. Ring out the cheese cloth the best you can to get everything out of it! Nobody gets left behind! Haha. Once your butter has been strained allow to cool and store in an air tight container!

Viola ! My White Widow Cannabutter!

Now what did I do with it !? You guessed it!

Cannabutter Cookies!

Preheat oven to 350’F !

Ingredients:
-1cup cannabutter
-1cup brown sugar lightly packed
-1egg
-1tsp vanilla
-1tsp baking powder
-1tsp cinnamon (optional)
-1tsp nutmeg (optional)
-2cups of flour
-1 to 5 tbsp of milk to make dough lightly moist

Start by beating your brown sugar and cannabutter together until creamy.

Add in vanilla and egg.

Once blended, sift in flower,baking power,cinnamon, and nutmeg.

This time your dough will look a little dry and crumbly begin adding your tbsp’s of milk 1 at a time until the batter is slightly moist.

Remove and knead a few times to make dough smooth then wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 1hr.:high-five:

Remove from fridge and roll 1” balls out and place on baking sheet. Once sheet is filled use a fork with hot water to squeeze the cookies flat and give them a nice appearance!:slide:

Bake in the 350’F oven for 11 minutes remove and cool. :reading420magazine:

These cookies are like fluffy canna clouds of goodness !! Absolutely amazing and a must try! You can decorate them or eat them the way they are!

Best served with morning coffee !:drool:

Enjoy !

Cooking with the Dutchman :yahoo::thanks:

What’s the reason for cooking it so long (6-8 hrs)? Is that necessary?
That last photo of the butter looks great!
:nomo:

Hey bobby sorry it took me a bit to respond!

I usually cook it that long for better infusing. The longer you cook it the more of your good oils you can infuse into the fats!

Please tell me you mixed the dough with gloves.... I got stoned to pieces making the mistake of mixing with my bare hands:rofl::laugh::rofl:took me 24hrs to feel normal. (50gr bud to 300gr butter the first time)

Please tell me you mixed the dough with gloves.... I got stoned to pieces making the mistake of mixing with my bare hands:rofl::laugh::rofl:took me 24hrs to feel normal. (50gr bud to 300gr butter the first time)
RIP Bird, I can only imagine... considering people have told me to wear gloves just to trim your plants, I understand you got fucked up o_O:laugh:

Hey Dutch,
I saw you mentioning your "sous vide" style crockpot method in another thread. I have a sous vide and I just had the same idea the other day. I'm thinking it should work really well. Putting the butter and bud/shake in a vacuum sealed bag and letting it sit in there for however long you want, squeezing the bag every now and then to move things around!

I have a an article saved (I don't think I can link externally?) from a BadKat's CannaPharm that states it's better to make your cannabutter with butter only. And if you want a cleaner butter, doing a single water-cleansing AFTER you've strained and separated the excess plant matter. Using water during the extraction allegedly lowers the potency of your end product.

"Besides making a butter or oil with a reduced bioavailability when water is allowed in the oil or butter too early, and besides pulling in all the extra salts and waxes and chlorophyll that a pure oil wouldn't.... that waste water you toss out at the end, if you check the bottom, after it's settled? You will notice a hash sediment."

Read the same info in lots of places. What are your thoughts on that? Cheers! :battingeyelashes:

Hey Dutch,
I saw you mentioning your "sous vide" style crockpot method in another thread. I have a sous vide and I just had the same idea the other day. I'm thinking it should work really well. Putting the butter and bud/shake in a vacuum sealed bag and letting it sit in there for however long you want, squeezing the bag every now and then to move things around!

I have a an article saved (I don't think I can link externally?) from a BadKat's CannaPharm that states it's better to make your cannabutter with butter only. And if you want a cleaner butter, doing a single water-cleansing AFTER you've strained and separated the excess plant matter. Using water during the extraction allegedly lowers the potency of your end product.

"Besides making a butter or oil with a reduced bioavailability when water is allowed in the oil or butter too early, and besides pulling in all the extra salts and waxes and chlorophyll that a pure oil wouldn't.... that waste water you toss out at the end, if you check the bottom, after it's settled? You will notice a hash sediment."

Read the same info in lots of places. What are your thoughts on that? Cheers! :battingeyelashes:

This is true. I actually don’t use any water in the cannnabutter mix just the water surrounding the jar. After cooking for the 4-6hrs or whichever you may choose I generally strain through a few layers of cheesecloth to get it as clean as possible. I have also opted for not straining it at times and it gives you a more herbal taste in end baking. If you would like some more info on how I do it let me know and I can go into better detail! All my edibles ive has great success with and I’m the go to guy for questions with all my friends and family about edibles!:high-five:

Hope I can be of assistance!:welcome:

What’s up Ladies and Gents!

Been a while since I posted here so figured I should put up a recipe!

BLUE RASPBERRY GUMMIES

Dry ingredients:
-2 boxes of jello flavour of your choice
-2packages of unflavoured gelatin

OR
-1.5 TBSP of gelatin I find works perfect

Wet Ingredients:
-1/2C water
-1/4C clear corn syrup
-1/4C to 1/3C of infused carrier oil of choice

I used my double infused EVOO because I wanted some extra strong gummies for myself.

Add all dry ingredients to a pot and combine. Begin whisking in the water and corn syrup until combined and then place on the stove on medium to high heat for about 4-5minutes (all stoves will be different).

Once they have combined add in the infused oil and turn heat off but leave on burner. The infused oil will be visible at first but continue stirring and it will blend in and the original colour of the jello mixture will come back. Once the original colour comes back then it’s time to pour some gunmies!

I use 2 methods for pouring my gummies.
First method is a dispensing bottle and the other is a big liquid measuring cup which can hold this entire batch.

NOTE: Always pre dust your silicone molds with corn starch! Don’t try and do it once you remove your mixture from the heat!

Now once your ready to start pouring and your molds are dusted it’s time to make some gummies! Fill your molds and place them in the fridge to set. They should be ready in about 15-20 minutes but for best results I let mine sit for 30-45 before popping them out of the trays!

I hope you all enjoy and stay medicated!

Reese cookie recipe

• Preheat oven to 350’F
Beat 1 cup of softened canna butter (or half the butter) with 1cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Once combined blend in 2 eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl combine 2cups of flour with 1tsp baking Soda and 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Mix dry ingredients and then slowly combine into the wet.

Once all ingredients are combined add 1/2cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and 1/2cup of Reese pb chipits.

• Scoop large spoonfuls or measured cookies to choice
After trying them you won’t be disappointed!

I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Stay medicated!

Reese cookie recipe

• Preheat oven to 350’F
Beat 1 cup of softened canna butter (or half the butter) with 1cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Once combined blend in 2 eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl combine 2cups of flour with 1tsp baking Soda and 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Mix dry ingredients and then slowly combine into the wet.

Once all ingredients are combined add 1/2cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and 1/2cup of Reese pb chipits.

• Scoop large spoonfuls or measured cookies to choice
After trying them you won’t be disappointed!

I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Stay medicated!
Beautiful butter

Back
Top Bottom