Cooking with The Chronic

You do dog treats? I have a 180 pound mastiff. He is really old. Thinking some good eatibles might do him some good.
My wife & I have been kicking around the idea of CBD treats for our dogs too. I gotta order up another decent bottle of CBD oil.... or wait until my Candida plant finishes.
I've never made a dog biscuit before but I've found a few recipes that will work great.

My wife has a recipe for good healthy dog treats. Just not sure how to go about adding in canna butter.
Post up the recipe, we can brainstorm this mofo right here in the thread.
:high-five:

The dog treat recipe is forth coming.
My wife says that coconut oil is used.
Easy enough. Definitely plenty of ways to use coconut oil. I was actually hoping you would say that because some other "carriers" are not dog friendly. I would just infuse your coconut oil the same way I've been doing that olive oil, then follow the recipe you've got.
:thumb:
Dosing will be key... depending on dog size & conditions you're treating... dog temperament? Anxious dog...ect.

Guess that's the next hurdle... I'll start digging through the interwebs.
:passitleft:

Here is an interesting article about dosing pets with CBD. Keep in mind that THC can be toxic for animals, so CBD only strains and extracts are what this is talking about.

TL;DR version: max dosage is 1mg/kg. For a 180 pound dog, that would be 82mg a day maximum. Guideline is to start low and increase dosage until seeing a therapeutic effect. Perhaps aim for 5-10 mg per treat.

Been working in the kitchen again. Almost finished with the test batch of PB cups.

Here's enough infused peanut butter for about 20 treats.
20181017_130923.jpg

I gotta run for some more chocolate chunks to finish.... feelin' pretty blazy right now.
Funny because I was filming as I made all this and I almost made it through the whole video without a fuck-up. Awesome! No edits needed! :slide:

But...... chocolate kicked my ass round 1. Now I'm out. I'll grab something tomorrow so I can wrap up the vid.

This recipe is a "spoon licker" fo sho!
:ganjamon::drool::ganjamon::drool:

Stay lifted y'all

Decarbing my White Widow #1 small bud right now! 20grams going into oil or butter.... not sure yet! Thoughts?
Butter is good for baked goods like cookies, but I use oil for almost everything else.

20g of small bud into how much evoo for extra potent oil! Wanna make your gummies bears
I'd just grind up your bud and put it in a small jar. Pour in the least amount of oil you can to saturate the plant material, I add a TBSP or 2 extra just to accommodate evaporation during a long infusion.
You might be able to get away with as little as 1/3 cup oil. After cooking it down for a few hours, you'll end up with around 1/4 cup of stout oil... perfect amount for a batch of gummies. LoL

Back
Top Bottom