Cooking with The Chronic

Wanted to assemble a good "start-to-finish" tutorial for how I make gummies.
Patching together all the bits & pieces of my previous posts in one place.

Here it is;
"From Garden to Gummy"

I generally try to run 1oz bud to 1c oil. This batch I used popcorn buds, straight off the plant. I estimated around 100g of wet popcorn to be sufficient.

All the material is tossed in a Turkey roasting bag and tied up with minimal air in the bag. Lay flat on cookie sheet and stick in the oven @240° for 2 hours.

After it is done, allow to cool for awhile before opening the bag.

Dump it all out and grind it all up good. I remove stems, but it isn't necessary.

Toss it all into a jar that is just large enough to hold it all loosely packed in.

Pour in your carrier oil... if 1c isn't enough to cover all the herb, top it off with a smidge more.

For this run, I used some oil that had already been infused, then topped off with EVOO.

Give it a good stir, then cap it off...

Place jar into a water bath set to 180°. On my crock pot, the "high" setting holds perfect at 180, yours may differ.

Run at that temp for 8 hours, stirring & burping the jar every 30 min.

Strain the mash mixture through a collander/cheesecloth.

Should end up with some stout oil. I let mine sit for a day before using.

On to the gummies....
I always start by dusting my molds, so it is done & ready for when I need them. I use standard silicon molds in varying sizes. They are lightly dusted in corn starch to help prevent sticking and improve the outside texture of the gummy.

Next I will add the dry ingredients to a small sauce pan.

Then I will add the water & corn syrup while whisking the mixture smooth.

Mixture is then heated on a med/high heat until thoroughly blended. Around 3-4 min.

Once blended well, add 1/4c of infused oil and stir over heat for another 3-4 min.

Remove from heat and pour into a separate bowl so it can cool off slightly. This helps the oil mix in better.

Once the oil seems to be blended in, I pour the mixture into a dispensing bottle to fill my molds.

After they are all filled, I move the whole tray to the fridge for an hour or so.

If it all works out right, they should pop right out with a push.

Then it is just a matter of popping them all out... one-by-one!

Hope y'all find this informative and not just a bunch of stoned rambling. LoL

Stay lifted!
:passitleft:

I tried and successfully made some. Unfortunately I don’t think my oil was strong. I can eat a handful and not feel anything... I’ve added more bud and keef and ran my oil again. Round two coming. Nice job Preston.

I tried and successfully made some. Unfortunately I don’t think my oil was strong. I can eat a handful and not feel anything... I’ve added more bud and keef and ran my oil again. Round two coming. Nice job Preston.
Hell yeah!
I'm finding the "re-run" on oil is crazy effective! 2nd time's a charm! LoL

Appreciate the kind words!

Wanted to assemble a good "start-to-finish" tutorial for how I make gummies.
Patching together all the bits & pieces of my previous posts in one place.

Here it is;
"From Garden to Gummy"

I generally try to run 1oz bud to 1c oil. This batch I used popcorn buds, straight off the plant. I estimated around 100g of wet popcorn to be sufficient.

All the material is tossed in a Turkey roasting bag and tied up with minimal air in the bag. Lay flat on cookie sheet and stick in the oven @240° for 2 hours.

After it is done, allow to cool for awhile before opening the bag.

Dump it all out and grind it all up good. I remove stems, but it isn't necessary.

Toss it all into a jar that is just large enough to hold it all loosely packed in.

Pour in your carrier oil... if 1c isn't enough to cover all the herb, top it off with a smidge more.

For this run, I used some oil that had already been infused, then topped off with EVOO.

Give it a good stir, then cap it off...

Place jar into a water bath set to 180°. On my crock pot, the "high" setting holds perfect at 180, yours may differ.

Run at that temp for 8 hours, stirring & burping the jar every 30 min.

Strain the mash mixture through a collander/cheesecloth.

Should end up with some stout oil. I let mine sit for a day before using.

On to the gummies....
I always start by dusting my molds, so it is done & ready for when I need them. I use standard silicon molds in varying sizes. They are lightly dusted in corn starch to help prevent sticking and improve the outside texture of the gummy.

Next I will add the dry ingredients to a small sauce pan.

Then I will add the water & corn syrup while whisking the mixture smooth.

Mixture is then heated on a med/high heat until thoroughly blended. Around 3-4 min.

Once blended well, add 1/4c of infused oil and stir over heat for another 3-4 min.

Remove from heat and pour into a separate bowl so it can cool off slightly. This helps the oil mix in better.

Once the oil seems to be blended in, I pour the mixture into a dispensing bottle to fill my molds.

After they are all filled, I move the whole tray to the fridge for an hour or so.

If it all works out right, they should pop right out with a push.

Then it is just a matter of popping them all out... one-by-one!

Hope y'all find this informative and not just a bunch of stoned rambling. LoL

Stay lifted!
Nice! Now I can make gummies!!! Thanks preston! :passitleft:

Thanks!

Feel free to add in your opinion! I just "wing it" on most shit. If there is a better way, I'd love to know.

True. I personally didn’t find a need for the syrup. But I’m using coconut oil... and they taste like candy. But I know a lot of people hate coconut.

True. I personally didn’t find a need for the syrup. But I’m using coconut oil... and they taste like candy. But I know a lot of people hate coconut.
I'd like to try a few batches with coconut oil. The EVOO is my "go-to" when I'm infusing a batch because I use it in almost every recipe.
No reason I can't whip up some coconut oil though. Small batches like this can be done from start to finish in a day.

Maybe next week when I chop Moby Dick!

Excellent timing. Just bought some molds and was planning to get started in the next day or two.:welldone:

Excellent work P! I've added that post to my bookmarks for future reference.

:thanks:

Have you considered adding liquid lecithin at the end of the infusion process (just before you let it sit for a day)? I wonder if it would change the consistency at all.

By the way...the molds came from amazon this morning so I'll post the cookie results tonight!
I have used the liquid lecithin in the past... just out right now. I haven't noticed much difference between the 2, but, I also change something different each run. Always trying to tweak something here or there. I can't tell the difference from one to the next anymore. LoL

I'll use it again with my next batch for a side-by-side comparison.
:thumb:

New molds new gummies!

It’s on! Going to try a mixture of blueberry and raspberry for a new flavour combo! Hope it works haha
A3F56D9D-8B60-41ED-A435-B108E59C00FE.jpeg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom