Cooking with The Chronic

Nice video! Looks like you’ve got the cheesecloth folded into about four layers. I hadn’t thought about doing it this way, looks quick, cheap, and easy.
Yeah buddy. It's about as down & dirty as it gets, but is pretty damn effective. Great for making use of all my popcorn & trim.

Fill up an empty tea bag with it and squish with a hair straightener in parchment.... yessir!
:thumb:

Spent the AM playing canna chef. Made a batch of butter out of some NL and Blueberry. Half that got converted to 36 Toll House cookies. The rest sits in the he refrigerator until I need to make another batch. Estimated 16mg each. While the butter was in the machine, I whipped up some lime gummies from some NL coconut oil on hand. Approx 1.6g THC each. Decided to try making them a sour version by coating them with 1/2 cup of Sugar and 2tsp of Citric Acid. A winner! If you like Sour Patch Kids candies it's a must try. Used P's base recipe for the gummies.

Those cookies look amazing, as well as the gummies! :drool:

We also made some gummies via P's recipe and added the sour patch coating. A recipe I found online suggested 1/2 cup sugar to 1/2 tsp citric acid, but they just weren't sour enough so we kept adding more citric acid 'til we liked the taste. Ended up pretty close to your ratio: 1/2 cup sugar to 2 tsp citric acid. :thumb:

My son loves sour patch watermelon candies and weed, so I won't tell him about these...and the cookies look great!

I let my son try 1, just 1, when he came home today. He loves sour and said "those are trouble".

Half the Cookies go to the Mother In Law. They seemed to come out perfectly cooked. I hate hard ass cookies. I want them to still be a bit chewy. I let the wife cook them once. Once! She overcooked them so I've been on cookie duty ever since. Maybe that was her plan.

Those gummies look great farside

Thanks. They turned out as good as I could have hoped.

Those cookies look amazing, as well as the gummies! :drool:

We also made some gummies via P's recipe and added the sour patch coating. A recipe I found online suggested 1/2 cup sugar to 1/2 tsp citric acid, but they just weren't sour enough so we kept adding more citric acid 'til we liked the taste. Ended up pretty close to your ratio: 1/2 cup sugar to 2 tsp citric acid. :thumb:

I tried 1tsp but it wasn't sour enough for me. I like real sour. 2tsp seemed just about right. 3tsp would be wicked sour.

My son found some Green Apple jello and Watermelon jello flavors, so I'm really looking forward to making those with the sour coatings.

My son found some Green Apple jello and Watermelon jello flavors, so I'm really looking forward to making those with the sour coatings.

I can imagine the Jolly Rancher jellos would be out of this world with the sour coating. My local grocery doesn't carry them though. I have to go to Walmart for that, and that's a 25 minute run each way.

When I saw how to make the sour coating, the recipe posted said don't put them in the refrigerator or they become a slimey mess. I had mine on the counter but have noticed some moisture buld up. It may be a difference in the way the gummies were made since the original poster did not have canna gummies. I have since put mine in the fridge. Will post results.

When I saw how to make the sour coating, the recipe posted said don't put them in the refrigerator or they become a slimey mess. I had mine on the counter but have noticed some moisture buld up. It may be a difference in the way the gummies were made since the original poster did not have canna gummies. I have since put mine in the fridge.
I experienced that first hand. Learned the hard way. Had to pull them out and let them air dry for a couple days. So yeah don't put the in the frig. :oops:

Well... I think I might have finally figured it out! Gummies came out perfect! Taste & texture are on point.

All of them popped out of the mould perfectly too! Stoked!
So, my final recipe was:
  1. boxes (3oz) Green Apple jello
  2. .25 oz gelatin packets
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

Started by pouring all the dry into a pot. I whisked in the cup of cold water, whisked in the corn syrup and put on medium/high heat. After about a minute on the heat, constantly stirring, I finally added in the canna-oil.
Continue stirring as it comes to a boil.
Removed from heat and immediately poured it into a dispensing bottle to fill my moulds. I recommend using an oven mitt... lol, that dispensing bottle can get hot!
:eek:

I've found that when the mixture is stirred & heated right up until it hits the mold, the texture is much better. Any time that mix can sit & cool causes hard spots.
:cough:
Now I just gotta test how they do at room temp. I think they are gonna be great!
:ganjamon:

I want to try your recipe. How many gummy bears does this make (how many molds do I need)?

Thanks. :circle-of-love::peace:

I bought a set of 4 molds from Amazon. A batch fills nearly all 4 sheets, so maybe 165 bears. Just read product descriptions well. A lot of the bears are 3/4 normal size. Mine were sold by Silikolove and we're $12.99 for the set plus 2 droppers.

Agreed! :high-five:
The actual size of the gummies vary, but with any combination of sizes, I generally fill 3-4 gummy molds per batch.

Anywhere from 100-150 individual doses, based on gummy size.

One batch using P's recipe makes approx 280ml. I have an average size bear mold that holds approx 3.25ml each bear. I also have baby dinosaurs mold that holds approx 1.5ml each.

Back
Top Bottom