Cooking with The Chronic

Just ordered a 5 pack. Should be here Tues. I am going to make some EVO with some Bruce Banner in while I am waiting. That should give them a kick. Is the Recipe on page 10 still the best, or have there been other revisions?:circle-of-love::peace:
Gummies

All the recipes I've posted work well. I've tweaked little things here & there, but still a very similar base recipe.

Page 53 had the most recent
:thumb:

Surprise, Surprise. The Rain Forest was quick this time. I wasn't paying for overnight so opted for Tues. Came overnight anyway!!!! Bruce Banner is in the oven decarbing!!!:circle-of-love::peace:
:slide::slide::slide:

Getting busy in the kitchen today!
:headbanger:

Trying my hand at some PG/VG vape oil.

First run, I started with 8g of kief that had been extracted with dry ice. Added 50mL of unflavored 50/50 pg/vg oil. Sealed in jar & placed in a water bath for 2 hours. Water temp will be 180°.

I'll be vaping this oil though a normal "vape shop" style rig.

While I'm at it, I also decarbed another ounce of popcorn buds to make a cup of coconut oil.

Actually started with around 1/2 cup of coconut oil that had already been infused once.

I just combined them, added new herb, then topped off with another 1/2 cup fresh coconut oil.

It will hang out in the water bath for 8 hours @180°. I'll be making gummies with most of it tomorrow.

I’ve tried a couple times to make vape house, but I always get the rosin separating out from the VG. The best success I had was mixing a commercial product for dabbing with Wax Liquidizer.

Next batch will be evaporating the alcohol out of my tincture and mixing the concentrate with terpene thinner. In theory it should work.

The results are in...

Oil came out a bit murky, but it packs a punch! Holy shit y'all! I'm on my ass...
:drool:

What’s the flavour like?
It tastes identical to the Buddha Kief I made it with. Phenominal!
It tastes & smells like a floral-ish essential oil. Little to no weed smell on exhale.

Did you strain or do anything to the mixture after the hot water bath or just once melted down and cooled add to your pen and cape as normal?
I strained it once with a couple layers of cheesecloth. I think that's why it is so murky... I tried to filter it through a fine filter, but it would have taken days. LoL

Slow drip... lol

If it starts burning up coils, or separating in the tank, I'll find a better filter to strain it through to clean it up a bit more.

I LOL every time I see you holding one of those full sized bell jars ;).

Can your write that out? Is that polyethylene glycol/vegetable oil?
Mine is a 50/50 blend.

A friend of ours owns a vape shop, so I have pretty quick access to each type of oil.

So far, so good. It's vaping perfectly through my normal rig. No burnt coil yet (that was my biggest worry). And... it's potent.

Will it work with just VG? If someone wanted to stay away from the PG?
Yeah! Actually I thought about using it this time, but it is a bit thicker. I was worried about ending up with honey instead of oil.

PG is much thinner, but I prefer to stick with VG as much as possible.

Well, in the end... I'm certain VG will be just fine, even though it is a little thicker. Even if it got a bit too thick when infusing, it could always be tempered back to a thinner consistency after the fact with a touch of uninfused oil. They seem to blend well.

I may actually try that with my current yield to stretch it out a bit. It's crazy strong right now. I'd guess I could temper it back with 5-10mL of clean oil but still be potent.

Will update as the shit-show unfolds. LoL

Back
Top Bottom