Cooking with The Chronic

I can say for certain that your buds were not decarbed, so that's probably the biggest issue. Next time you should decarb at 240ºF for 60 minutes. There was very little THC in the buds that went into your butter. Almost all of it was THCa, which won't get you high. Decarboxylation changes THCa (which is what the plant grows) into THC, which is what creates the euphoric effects of cannabis.

The next factor is how much butter is in each dose of the edible you made.

How long did you decarboxylate and at what temperature? How much butter was in the crock pot with the ounce of weed? And of course, how much butter was in each dose of your edible? So many questions to solve the problem.

Also, probably not a good idea to grow indicas if you like giggly happy active and not couch lock! :)
I forgot a few things White Widow is both og Kush is more Sativa than Indica, true? Didn't dose just ate little crackers with it. Never got high high.. like I said the weed I have had one was blueberry muffins uck! Not good to smoke that being said this lemon skunk was supposed to be lemon haze! So you see what I go through to score...

I forgot a few things White Widow is both og Kush is more Sativa than Indica, true? Didn't dose just ate little crackers with it. Never got high high.. like I said the weed I have had one was blueberry muffins uck! Not good to smoke that being said this lemon skunk was supposed to be lemon haze! So you see what I go through to score...
Are you fkg kidding? What about making oil with a distiller? No Isopropyl alcohol over cannabis filter several times and throw it in the distiller wait for it to come out check for spark on gym clip. If so put on coffee burner for 24 hrs. That's the one I have for that.

White widow is a hybrid, so it might lean one way or the other, but it's not solidly in the sativa or indica camp.

Putting a little butter on a cracker isn't the best way to get high even if you had done a perfect decarb. You would probably need at least 2 milliliters if not more for it to hit you. If you're not actually making edibles like brownies or gummies I would do the infusion in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

99% Iso Alcohol is another way to get the goodies off the buds besides infusion, but you need to make sure there is absolutely no alcohol left in what you're left with after evaporation. Iso alcohol is poisonous, which is why many people use high proof alcohol like Everclear 190 proof. If you have a distiller then you save a lot of money by getting to reuse 80% of the alcohol each time.

White widow is a hybrid, so it might lean one way or the other, but it's not solidly in the sativa or indica camp.

Putting a little butter on a cracker isn't the best way to get high even if you had done a perfect decarb. You would probably need at least 2 milliliters if not more for it to hit you. If you're not actually making edibles like brownies or gummies I would do the infusion in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

99% Iso Alcohol is another way to get the goodies off the buds besides infusion, but you need to make sure there is absolutely no alcohol left in what you're left with after evaporation. Iso alcohol is poisonous, which is why many people use high proof alcohol like Everclear 190 proof. If you have a distiller then you save a lot of money by getting to reuse 80% of the alcohol each time.
Thanks! Guy.... yes WW is a hybrid, everclear 190, where do you find that? And thanks I'm bummed many recipe's for cannabutter said the same temperature and time! 60 minutes 240, they said over 20 minutes would burn it

They do get toasted in there, but when you cook with the butter you don't notice it. Only when you are having the oil or butter straight.

In terms of where to get Everclear 190, it depends on where you are. I can't get it because it's not for sale in California. I think you can order it mail order, or you can get Extractahol which is 200 proof, but pretty expensive. It ends up being less expensive if you have a distiller to reclaim 80% per batch.

They do get toasted in there, but when you cook with the butter you don't notice it. Only when you are having the oil or butter straight.

In terms of where to get Everclear 190, it depends on where you are. I can't get it because it's not for sale in California. I think you can order it mail order, or you can get Extractahol which is 200 proof, but pretty expensive. It ends up being less expensive if you have a distiller to reclaim 80% per batch.
P.S. I got this great distiller through dept. NJ#11W124
1100 Creanbury South River Rd.
Monroe Township, NJ 08831. This was 69.00! I just found more products In the box. a way I ordered it either through E- Bay but think I got it through Walmart! Mars tents are clearance e a d I bought one for 59.00$. So it's a good one! Very pleased. Thanks Shed! I appreciate you much! Have a uppity day

P.S. I got this great distiller through dept. NJ#11W124
1100 Creanbury South River Rd.
Monroe Township, NJ 08831. This was 69.00! I just found more products In the box. a way I ordered it either through E- Bay but think I got it through Walmart! Mars tents are clearance e a d I bought one for 59.00$. So it's a good one! Very pleased. Thanks Shed! I appreciate you much! Have a uppity day
69.00$ sorry, was the price

Am I reading a old post here?
2019-07-02-14-17-35.jpg

My apologies if that came off as rude... not meant to be. I'm just in a funk lately & not really talkative.

Just wanted to show ya...

How's everything going P9?
I'm whooped bro. I can't find energy after 10h sleeping. I finally see the Endocrinologist tomorrow.

Hope they just nuke my thyroid &put me right again

Started working on my next batch(s) of edibles & oils. Decided to use sift for everything this time...
:thumb:

Same redneck shit, as usual. LoL, Mason jar, cheesecloth, and dry ice.

I tried to keep things accurate this time... started with a bucket of trim...
2019-07-29-10-15-07.jpg

Added "a bit" of dry ice, shake TF outta it....

And finish with a "big" pile of sift...
2019-07-29-10-15-26.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's a half jar full. LoL
2019-07-29-10-15-39.jpg

Rolled my obligatory sift blunt;
2019-07-29-10-16-03.jpg

Now I gotta wait it out; until I find motivation again to go finish...

I plan on pressing some, and making a big batch of grapeseed oil.
:blunt:

Pistachio crusted halibut with lime cannabutter sauce.

Mix cornmeal and ground pistachios, salt and pepper, that’s the fish breading. Salt and pepper a few halibut steaks.

Now melt some canna butter (enough for each serving to get folks high), squeeze fresh lime, add lime zest, salt and pepper, then put back into fridge. I use a sandwich bag so I get a nice round roll of butter.

Soak fish in milk. Drain before prep. Pat dry. Salt and pepper fish. Coat fish with pistachio mix. Cool a few minutes on each side, finish in oven. When serving, place cannabutter over fish to melt. Eat.
Sear it to a nice golden brown on one side before flipping it. Medium high. Then after a flip and 2 or 3 minutes, put it into oven at 400 for 5-7 minutes. Depends on thickness of fish.

This is amazing. I would mix cannabutter with regular butter to get the right dose. Unless a tablespoon of cannabutter is your dose. The lime and cannabis would work well together I think.

Here is that fish done up. This is two different pieces of fish because its that good and I ate them both. No regerts.

View media item 1713398
View media item 1713399

Back
Top Bottom