Cooking with The Chronic

No problem Homer!

cbd-oil-cannabinoid-analysis-jpg.1826792

They have calculated the CBD content at 10.56 mg/ml and the THC below the limit of quantitation (at 0.46 mg/ml). So good on the breeders MMG for getting this strain locked down!

Oldbear's spreadsheet gave me 11.16mg/ml, so only off by 0.6mg. Not bad for a guesstimate :).

Thank you Shed I greatly appreciate that. I assume that is the infused oil you sent for testing giving you 11.16mg/ml? Good estimating if so.

You told me the formula a while back and I figured my infused oil had about 11mg/ml of THC from my NL so maybe that estimate is pretty close too. I wonder what the CBD was in relation to bud mass because that is what is usually quoted for strains. If you have around 11mg/ml if your oil/bud ratios are anything like mine your CBD plant ratio might be getting close to 18%.

When I did the spreadsheet I figured mine at 15% CBD (and that was a blend of two different plants) with a production efficiency of 85% because I was in the MB machine.
I think but am not sure I did 18% at 80%.

Hey everyone, I’ve been looking and testing for the gummy recipe; and I think I may have struck gold with this last one.

Piña colada gummies
  • 1 quart container of fresh frozen trim, decarboxylated
  • 16oz of everclear
  • 1/2c virgin coconut oil
  • 1/2c cold water
  • 1 ea 3oz packet pineapple jello
  • 1 ea 1oz box of Knox gelatin (4 envelopes)
  • 1 tsp liquid sunflower lecithin
  • coconut oil cooking spray
Add the everclear to the trim and shake for 3 minutes, strain through coffee filter and cook off everclear in a hot water bath until the total volume is ~2Tbsp.
Add the lecithin and coconut oil, whisks to combine.
Put the cold water in a mixing bowl and add the jello packet. Then add the Knox gelatin packets one by one until everything is incorporated.
Add the coconut oil and put the mixing bowl on a double boiler. Once the mixture reaches 140F, you’re ready to fill your molds.
Spray lightly with cooking spray and fill your molds. Makes about 150 1/2tsp size gummies and they’re nicely potent.

Hey everyone, I’ve been looking and testing for the gummy recipe; and I think I may have struck gold with this last one.

Piña colada gummies
  • 16oz of everclear
  • 1/2c cold water
Add the everclear to the trim and shake for 3 minutes, strain through coffee filter and cook off everclear in a hot water bath until the total volume is ~2Tbsp.
Put the cold water in a mixing bowl and add the jello packet. Then add the Knox gelatin packets one by one until everything is incorporated.
Add the coconut oil and put the mixing bowl on a double boiler. Once the mixture reaches 140F, you’re ready to fill your molds.
Spray lightly with cooking spray and fill your molds. Makes about 150 1/2tsp size gummies and they’re nicely potent.
:drool:

Piña colada gummies
  • 16oz of everclear
  • 1/2c cold water
Great recipe. I like to make my gummys with corn syrup as I find they hold shape better and keep fresh a lot longer. It's pretty similar to yours but you heat your corn syrup in a separate pan to the gelatin. You should really try it out if your into your gummys, 2 weeks later they still taste like a real shop bought pack rather than a jelly.

Great recipe. I like to make my gummys with corn syrup as I find they hold shape better and keep fresh a lot longer. It's pretty similar to yours but you heat your corn syrup in a separate pan to the gelatin. You should really try it out if your into your gummys, 2 weeks later they still taste like a real shop bought pack rather than a jelly.
Yeah I forgot to put the corn syrup in these ones. There should be 3Tbsp of corn syrup in that recipe as well.. it’s funny though, the piña colada thing was a complete accident, I found a box of pineapple jello after I had already mixed my coconut oil into my tincture! Lol.
because I didn’t cook the coconut oil, the flavor of it really comes through still.

*also I should add, after you decarb your material, freeze it and the everclear for at least two hours.

Yeah I forgot to put the corn syrup in these ones. There should be 3Tbsp of corn syrup in that recipe as well.. it’s funny though, the piña colada thing was a complete accident, I found a box of pineapple jello after I had already mixed my coconut oil into my tincture! Lol.
because I didn’t cook the coconut oil, the flavor of it really comes through still.

*also I should add, after you decarb your material, freeze it and the everclear for at least two hours.
Made a little post detailing my recipe and method if you want to take a look
Gummy bears.

Pretty sure I forgot to share this in all my journals.... lol

Dam Preston I didn't know you had a cooking thread Shead turned me onto it I may have some questions for you. Do you use the Magic Butter Machine ? I will be making butter tomorrow and maybe some oil for caps if I have enough from the last harvest, Me and my buddy split it and it was only two medium plants and a small auto so I don't have that much. I am glad I found your thread

Dam Preston I didn't know you had a cooking thread Shead turned me onto it I may have some questions for you. Do you use the Magic Butter Machine ? I will be making butter tomorrow and maybe some oil for caps if I have enough from the last harvest, Me and my buddy split it and it was only two medium plants and a small auto so I don't have that much. I am glad I found your thread
I use whatever I have at my disposal...

MB2 is great if you got.a few O's....

If not, i go with a small batch in the crock-pot
:thumb:

Seems like today may end up being productive afterall...
:rofl:

Wife ran outta Candida gummies a few days ago. I finally got off my ass to make her a batch.
20191107_085315.jpg

These are also dosed with Melatonin. We've found a pretty good ratio to knock her TF out, everytime!

So... maybe it's just in my roots, sweet home Chicago, but I'm fairly certain the process to infuse olive oil is very similar to cooking crack-rock. LoL
I'm gonna give it a go this run...

Step #1: decarb herb
Step #2: bring large pot of water to boil
20180821_081728.jpg

Step #3: add an insert of sorts to keep jar off bottom of pan. (I'm using an extra silicon mold)
Step #4: reduce heat to a low setting (180-220)
Step #5: add decarbed herb and oil in a large Mason jar and set in the crack-cooker.

Step #6: stir mixture regularly throughout infusion.
Step #7: strain

I'm gonna let this batch go for 2 hours, but I've heard of people infusing for much longer.

Gonna give it a rip right now... Let ya know if I fuck something up!
:passitleft:
Did you find 2 hours fine for infusion? I see shed doing two cycles of 8 hours. I need meds though because I can’t smoke.

Did you find 2 hours fine for infusion? I see shed doing two cycles of 8 hours. I need meds though because I can’t smoke.
2 hours is alright, I prefer a bit longer though. If I'm in a rush, I'll run a small batch for 4-ish hours.

If I've got the time to wait, I'll run it through the MB2 for at least 8.

2 hours is alright, I prefer a bit longer though. If I'm in a rush, I'll run a small batch for 4-ish hours.

If I've got the time to wait, I'll run it through the MB2 for at least 8.
Yeh I’m just doing it on the stove with 2/3rd cup EVOO 1/2 ounce good shake, bunch of kief and some shatter I extracted a bit ago with Everclear. Hopefully it is decently strong.
D3C81BF0-C99D-461E-9957-DBD69626AA21.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom