Cooking with The Chronic

Gonna change directions a bit in the kitchen...
20190104_065358.jpg

Now, I'll be stoned & drunk!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Totally kidding! It's tincture time!
:slide::slide::slide:

Stay lifted homies!
:passitleft:
Damn! You buying name brand! You must be living high on the hog! Lol

I buy a liter at a time and get the cheaper brand, comes to about $15 all in.

QUOTE="Dutchman1990, post: 4277172, member: 325517"]
Reese PB + Chico Chip Cookies

Alrighty here they are !
3E6BEEE8-44A8-4A13-9A3F-C410FA3D44FA.jpeg
35C0845F-69B3-4C32-92C5-266AD48362D8.jpeg
43F18355-835B-4705-9921-94BE1493CBE5.jpeg
70DACF69-3C91-49A8-986D-76712714390B.jpeg

If anyone wants the recipe just ask!!
Oh wow!

Sea Salt Canna Caramels

1/2 cup butter, high fat like Kerrygold or Finlandia brands, infused if you like
1/2 cup cream, 36 to 40% butterfat
3 T water
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar, vaniila sugar is great here
2 T vanilla extract, you can make it in the instant pot yourself, hehe
2 T cannabis infused mct oil
1 g CBD shatter
2 g THC shatter
1/4 t coarse sea salt, i used pink himalayan
Edible gold dust, opt

1. Oil loaf pan and line with parchment.
2. Combine butter and cream and microwave 1 to 2 mins until butter melts and cream is hot. Set aside. This is where i added in my shatter and infused oil. It all melted nicely in with the other fats and combined evenly. When you add your goodies may depend on whether they need a decarb or not.
3. In a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan combine water and corn syrup. Add sugar carefully to center of water mixture and press with spoon just to wet through. You want to avoid getting sugar crystals on pan sides.
4. Cook over medium heat to boil, then gently put your candy thermometer in place. DO NOT STIR. NO STIRRING. DONT STIR IT. I MEAN IT.
5. Cook to 320 F at sea level. High altitude adjustment remove 2 degrees for every 1000 feet above sea level, approx.
6. Pour cream mixture in one sixtg at a time, gently. Watch out for massive bubbling reaction. DO NOT STIR.
7. When all cream is added you may use the bottom of your thermometer to GENTLY encourage it to combine. MINIMUM STIRRING PLEASE.
8. Cook to 240 F for soft caramels. A couple degrees higher will give a firmer result. Make sure your thermometer is calibrated. This is precise.
9. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
10. Cool about 20 mins and scatter sea salt on top. If you add it right away it just sinks in. You can brush on some edible powder if you are feeling fancy.
11. Cool 3 hours, unmold, slice wuth an oiled knife, and wrap individually. U wrapped mine in waxed paper. Took these to a party, feedback was awesome.
Enjoy!

Think its 4 packs of jello and 2 packet of gelatin. Better off getting a crap load of jello and couple packs of gelatin.
But that is for jello not kool
Aid ?

Hey @newty or @Preston9mm I need a shopping list of what I need to make kool aod gummies going shopping ?
I use a .25 oz pack of unflavored gelatine for each 3 oz boz of Jello mix. My normal batch is 2-box jello/2-gelatine packs.

I've not really messed with the cool-aid yet, so I can't really advise there...

For liquids, I use:
1/4 cup infused EVOO
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water.... But, I'm guessing this is where you can work in the cool-air squirts. LoL

Maybe dial the water back by 1/8 cup and add that cool-aid concentrate to make up for that.
That flavor is gonna be bangin'
:thumb:

Okay folks back from trip in town

This is what I got will need some help please as still working and Learning the kitchen

First off you guys say 3 oz box of jello and each box .25 oz gelatine bought bought it at bulk barn apparently have 559 grams apparently or .15 kilograms .

My jello box says 10.2 gram per box

Not sure if you can see size of boxes let me know can grab more pics

Now I am not using this bud as I. That EVOO IS MY LAST RUN oil . Just brain fart lol

Ok my recipe is as follows:)

Mix 2 packs of gelatine with 1/3 cup of cold water. Mix well then add 2 of your fav flavours of regular or sugarfree packs of jello. Mix well
Add 1/8 cup of Lilly white corn syrup (bulk barn) your corn syrup might work too but I’ve never used it?
Then add to low heat and cook while stirring for 5-10mins.
Then add your 1/4 cup oil (melted if its coconut)
Now stir this until it almost hits a boil then take it off the heat while stirring. This part is trial and error until you see the oil is no longer sitting on the top. Once it’s mixed in, let it sit for a minute, scrape the skin off or mix it in to the mixture really well.
Now you can use your squeeze bottles and pour into molds. I put my molds in the freezer in cookie trays for 1 hour then your good to go!

I hope this helps:)

Sea Salt Canna Caramels

1/2 cup butter, high fat like Kerrygold or Finlandia brands, infused if you like
1/2 cup cream, 36 to 40% butterfat
3 T water
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar, vaniila sugar is great here
2 T vanilla extract, you can make it in the instant pot yourself, hehe
2 T cannabis infused mct oil
1 g CBD shatter
2 g THC shatter
1/4 t coarse sea salt, i used pink himalayan
Edible gold dust, opt

1. Oil loaf pan and line with parchment.
2. Combine butter and cream and microwave 1 to 2 mins until butter melts and cream is hot. Set aside. This is where i added in my shatter and infused oil. It all melted nicely in with the other fats and combined evenly. When you add your goodies may depend on whether they need a decarb or not.
3. In a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan combine water and corn syrup. Add sugar carefully to center of water mixture and press with spoon just to wet through. You want to avoid getting sugar crystals on pan sides.
4. Cook over medium heat to boil, then gently put your candy thermometer in place. DO NOT STIR. NO STIRRING. DONT STIR IT. I MEAN IT.
5. Cook to 320 F at sea level. High altitude adjustment remove 2 degrees for every 1000 feet above sea level, approx.
6. Pour cream mixture in one sixtg at a time, gently. Watch out for massive bubbling reaction. DO NOT STIR.
7. When all cream is added you may use the bottom of your thermometer to GENTLY encourage it to combine. MINIMUM STIRRING PLEASE.
8. Cook to 240 F for soft caramels. A couple degrees higher will give a firmer result. Make sure your thermometer is calibrated. This is precise.
9. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
10. Cool about 20 mins and scatter sea salt on top. If you add it right away it just sinks in. You can brush on some edible powder if you are feeling fancy.
11. Cool 3 hours, unmold, slice wuth an oiled knife, and wrap individually. U wrapped mine in waxed paper. Took these to a party, feedback was awesome.
Enjoy!

Thank you! Similar to gel caps, fits in your pocket, get you where you want to go but it tastes better!!!

Mix 2 packs of gelatine with 1/3 cup of cold water. Mix well then add 2 of your fav flavours of regular or sugarfree packs of jello. Mix well
Add 1/8 cup of Lilly white corn syrup (bulk barn) your corn syrup might work too but I’ve never used it?
Now stir this until it almost hits a boil then take it off the heat while stirring. This part is trial and error until you see the oil is no longer sitting on the top. Once it’s mixed in, let it sit for a minute, scrape the skin off or mix it in to the mixture really well.
Now you can use your squeeze bottles and pour into molds. I put my molds in the freezer in cookie trays for 1 hour then your good to go!

Thank you! I was hesitant to respond because I've never used the sugar free mix..... or the kool aid. I would just be shooting in the dark. LoL

:high-five:
Good lookin' out sis!

What are the different extraction and/ or Decarb methods everybody is using. I go simple, extract first, then boil, then mix and cook. I've also read that when taking gelcaps of larger doses of straight liquid extract goes better with oily foods. I thought it was BS. It's already extracted into the oil... but it worked. I had some pot stickers cooked in olive oil, ate a couple, had some gel caps then finished the meal. Indeed it works! Trip out on that...

I generally do a simple oven decarb, then slow infuse EVOO in the MB2 or crock pot. Occasionally butter, but mostly olive oil.
I use it in everything from my coffee to my gummies.

I'm about to start messing around with some alcohol extraction to make much more concentrated tincture (hopefully)
I think this will be the most versatile in the kitchen. I just gotta wait until I have more trim to play with. Hope to get it dialed in pretty quick.

Thanks newty

Hope they turn out

For small batches, which is pretty much all I make, I decarb first in my Ardent unit. It can hold up to one ounce. Then using a shot glass I fill with oil of choice - if using butter or coconut oil, melt it first. I found a small 4 oz measuring glass that fits in my unit. It works great because I can infuse as much as 3 oz at a time or as little as 1 oz. Don't forget to add the liquid lecithin (I use 1/2 tsp for 3 oz). I then add the decarbed weed to the oil and place it back into my Ardent unit. Press the button (there's only one) and come back approx 2 hrs later. Strain then refrigerate a few hours or overnight. Then it's ready to use in your favorite recipe.

Back
Top Bottom