Cooking with The Chronic

Oh, I thought CBDa needed to be decarbed into CBD as well. :hmmmm:
It will be heated to decarb temps when I make gummies with it as well. Either way.... it's all trial & error. This is my first attempt.
:passitleft:

I've never made it either, so I am interested in how it turns out.

I've never made it either, so I am interested in how it turns out.
I'm sure the results will be much more noticable when I do it with normal bud too.
This run is, more or less, to test my theories on actually processing it into a useable tincture.
I'm sure I'll fuck something up and need to adjust for my next run.
:thumb:

It's about to get real busy in here! LoL
:high-five:
Harvest time, and I'm taking some time off work. Bout to get busy in the kitchen!
How did your tincture turn out after the water bath? How much are you left with now?

How did your tincture turn out after the water bath? How much are you left with now?
It went back in the bath today. It is evaporating slower than expected, but I'm keeping the temp relatively low to preserve as much as I can. I'm willing to wait out the slower evaporation process if the end result is gonna be more flavorful

@InTheShed you could also use your coconut oil infusion. Makes excellent cookies and veryyy easy to incorporate into them!!!
I recall my dad is allergic to coconut :(.
My 2 cents regarding the cookie conundrum:
The butter thing has been covered quite well, so I'm going to touch on a couple other things to try. While my cookie recipe calls for both baking powder and baking soda, I also add about 25% more of both -- that seems to help. Also, I add about 10% more flour. And finally, I NEVER bake for the full amount of time the recipe calls for. Unless your father likes crispy cookies, reducing the baking time will make the cookies a little chewier and less likely to break -- even if they are still somewhat flat.
Oh, and one more cent: I usually make 8 dozen in a batch. I put 12 balls per sheet and rotate 3 different cookie sheets. Once the cookies come off the first sheet, I put it in the frig to cool down until I'm ready for it again. I also keep the bowl of dough in the frig while I wait the 8 minutes for the cookies to bake. Keeps everything consistent, first dozen to last.
Thanks BL! I can try those one at a time but I have a lot of suggestions to go through, starting with parchment paper and running through these:

It will be heated to decarb temps when I make gummies with it as well. Either way.... it's all trial & error. This is my first attempt.
I don't think your CBDa will decarb during the gummy making process, just in case that matters. Big difference between 240º for an hour and 212º for a few minutes.

I don't think your CBDa will decarb during the gummy making process, just in case that matters. Big difference between 240º for an hour and 212º for a few minutes.
I didn't even think I needed to decarb this until today, so.... we're thinking on the fly here.

Now, I'm gonna adjust accordingly.

No way I'm going to hit 240° for an hour in alcohol, but I can get her to around 180° for several hours as I finish this evaporation process. Should get it in the ball park.

I'll be attacking this differently next time. Definitely doing an oven decarb before I start extracting.

Shit, if this was normal herb, I'd just reduce it down to honey oil and blaze that shit up to decarb. LoL

Appreciate all the info guys! Hope to make all my mistakes on the first run.

Man the states as so much better stuff then us in Canada . I mean I like my betty Crocker and Duncan Hanes bit caramel turtle really. You didn’t go there . Lol

Do you grow half ass weed....?! Kidding Joe! I loke to cook, bbq pit type stuff shoulders, ribs, brisket. Low and slow, i make bomb ass pizza, too. Ima stoner and i eat good food and i can cook too.

...i make bomb ass pizza, too. Ima stoner and i eat good food and i can cook too.

Do you make your pizza on the grill? I've done so as well. Kinda famous around here for my homemade pizzas on the grill.

Do you make your pizza on the grill? I've done so as well. Kinda famous around here for my homemade pizzas on the grill.

Actually just got a pizza grilling kit for xmas. Soon and I’ll be using oil in the dough and painted on the crust. I’ve a pizza stone in my oven (electric), i make my dough and sauce.

Here’s where Joe mentions something bout yomators...!

My 2 cents regarding the cookie conundrum:
The butter thing has been covered quite well, so I'm going to touch on a couple other things to try. While my cookie recipe calls for both baking powder and baking soda, I also add about 25% more of both -- that seems to help. Also, I add about 10% more flour. And finally, I NEVER bake for the full amount of time the recipe calls for. Unless your father likes crispy cookies, reducing the baking time will make the cookies a little chewier and less likely to break -- even if they are still somewhat flat.
Oh, and one more cent: I usually make 8 dozen in a batch. I put 12 balls per sheet and rotate 3 different cookie sheets. Once the cookies come off the first sheet, I put it in the frig to cool down until I'm ready for it again. I also keep the bowl of dough in the frig while I wait the 8 minutes for the cookies to bake. Keeps everything consistent, first dozen to last.
Also, after they are cooled those square snack bags are about one cookie sized. Even if they crumble they will be contained as a dose.

@InTheShed I’m confused when you say that your butter separates. Canna butter is basically butterfat only and the cannabinoids are bonded to the fat. If you’re having liquid separate out of your prepared butter, that shouldn’t be the good stuff. If you’re doing a traditional water, weed, and butter infusion, any liquid coming off your butter after it’s finished is basically just bong water.

If you’re doing an infusion with weed and butter in a container in a water bath, where the water doesn’t mix with the butter, than anything coming out of your butter is just water and milk solids, and can also be discarded. It’s only the fat that bonds to the canabinoids.

@InTheShed I’m confused when you say that your butter separates. Canna butter is basically butterfat only and the cannabinoids are bonded to the fat. If you’re having liquid separate out of your prepared butter, that shouldn’t be the good stuff. If you’re doing a traditional water, weed, and butter infusion, any liquid coming off your butter after it’s finished is basically just bong water.

If you’re doing an infusion with weed and butter in a container in a water bath, where the water doesn’t mix with the butter, than anything coming out of your butter is just water and milk solids, and can also be discarded. It’s only the fat that bonds to the canabinoids.
There's no water in the infusion process. Butter heated to high temp will separate, like when you make clarified butter. I really don't know whether the cannabinoids are in the lower or upper part, but I know I have to recombine it to bake with it. The recipe calls for butter rather than clarified butter.

Ah, I see. Your best bet to get the liquid back into suspension would be to use a blender to try to emulsify the fat and liquid. When using it for baking, I wouldn’t melt it again. If anything, I microwave the butter for just a few seconds to soften it up a little bit - stress on the “seconds” part. Butter will start to liquify in the microwave very very quickly. About five seconds is normally about all I do.

New member here, It was recommended I check out the thread and I can honestly say you're doing an awesome job Preston.

I'll have to follow your idea's and cook up a storm of my own.
Welcome!
Feel free to share recipes and ask questions. Good people hang here...

Ah, I see. Your best bet to get the liquid back into suspension would be to use a blender to try to emulsify the fat and liquid. When using it for baking, I wouldn’t melt it again. If anything, I microwave the butter for just a few seconds to soften it up a little bit - stress on the “seconds” part. Butter will start to liquify in the microwave very very quickly. About five seconds is normally about all I do.
I like European style butter because it has less water content.

Back
Top Bottom