Cooking with The Chronic

I had read that about CBD, and it's usually just someone who is confused on the difference between CBD and CBN. For those who don't know, CBD is genetically programmed into the plant and there's nothing that can be done to increase its percentages later on. CBN is the cannabinoid that produces couchlock and sedation, and it's what THC degrades into.

My bad, I meant to say CBN but I said CBD.

Trying something new...
20190125_092342.jpg

I'll be running a 1/2 oz batch with Candida, and a full oz batch with trim & popcorn buds from BB Twist, Cheese, and Moby Dick.
All the herb is in the oven right now. Doing a 2 hour decarb @240° inside Turkey roasting bags.

Stay lifted y'all, I'll update as this unfolds...

-P :ganjamon:

I've done a coupla 50/50 runs with CBD / THC. I make brownies and this combo is pretty smooth. I used CBD Therapy which was at the time one of the strongest CBD Strains, CBD/THC is 20:1. Even if you miss that mark, you're looking at straight CBD, & you'll be alright. I made my CBD oil the same way I make the TCH. Extract, boil, filter, bake, and
I'M BAKED!

For todays fun:

Tapioca Maltodextrin in the kitchen.

I used it to make powdered cannabis oil in my vitamix. 3 grams maltodextrin to 1/8 gram distillate or CCO. I warmed the distillate up first and drizzled it into the maltodextrin. Tossed it a little to combine and make sure it didnt all stick to the sides. Blended 30 sec on high--worked like a charm.

Ive heard it works really well in baked goods so i am making these:

Chocolate cupcakes.

Ones on the left have the powdered cannabis oil, ones on the right are controls.

In the oven now.:):)

I think they are already coming in at around 50 mg each, so im thinking regular frosting. Chocolate mocha buttercream. Happy birthday to me!
LoL. Good call
:drool::drool::drool:

Looks delicious! :drool: Wow, an entire cupcake consumed... 50mg is way more than I can handle! LOL!

I did smoke my first joint in I figure over 17 years to try to see what the difference was between ingesting oil and smoking and it was one intense and exhilarating bumpy ride!! Lol...

I rolled a good size joint of my Northern Lights and owing to probably drying it out completely thinking I was going to make oil out of it and having not smoked in so long and having well used lungs I could only get through half of it before I gave up from coughing which was actually a good thing because in short order I was completely wasted.

For at least 20 minutes I felt lightheaded and even a little nauseous and quite frankly completely overwhelmed but I did want to get really high to see how it would affect me. Within half an hour I was feeling a lot better but like when I took the oil I did also feel pretty anxious and nervous and downright paranoid at first.

I felt just as paranoid and anxious as I did from the oil or more so but the big difference was I felt way higher and I found being that high kind of neutralized the anxious feeling or balanced it out somehow so although I was paranoid it really didn’t bother me as much. Later as the buzz diminished the paranoia eased and I found I got that couch lock feeling that made me feel a lot more relaxed. I smoked at 6:30 and at 10:30 I was still pretty high.

When I do it with olive oil I don’t get that high feel nearly as much that counteracts the paranoia and I don’t get the couch lock that makes me want to sleep but oddly enough I got a better night sleep when I use the oil.

So this little experiment taught me a few things and one was that this Northern Lights I have is extremely powerful but also either I have a nostalgic false memory of how relaxing weed is or it affects me differently because it doesn’t seem like the calming old friend I used to know. I was reading online these two quotes, “While anxiety is no doubt unique and nuanced in every individual, researchers noted that regular users tend to see a decrease in anxiety whereas occasional and new users were more likely to experience heightened paranoia. Anxiety was also more likely to occur in high doses of THC.” “Your brain changes as you age, and so does your endocannabinoid system, says Gerdeman. For instance, receptor density gets lower as you get age. If somebody smoked robustly in their 20s and picked it back up in their 30s, their brain’s endocannabinoid system may not be at the same set point,” says Gerdeman. That’s why you may notice getting paranoid when you smoke now, whereas pot may have mellowed you out when you were in college.”

So I think the reasons why I feel more paranoid than I remember and weed is not as relaxing to me is because I am probably older and am not the regular user now I used to be? I don’t know if that’s true but it very well could be.

Anyways, I am glad I smoked some because even though it wasn’t that relaxing it was a wild intriguing and interesting time and I could never say I was bored so I will maybe look into getting a vapor of some sort and maybe do it occasionally hoping it gets less paranoid in the future and stick to the oil for my sleeping and knees.

And thanks to everybody on this thread for your input and suggestions as I will definitely be taking many of them. I’m going to try different strains and try altering my dose and decarb longer and maybe get a dry vapor unit and maybe try topicals. I was reading also that White Widow is very calming as is OG Kush so I might try them. I did realize that my plants are ready for harvest from my smoking last night so I harvested one third of each plant and I think I will harvest another third in a week or so and the last third when they are good and Amber.

Looks delicious! :drool: Wow, an entire cupcake consumed... 50mg is way more than I can handle! LOL!
Haha, I agree Beez! I’m over here trying to figure out how to get my edibles down to 5-10mg each! :laugh:
Happy Birthday @Cannasavvy! Those cupcakes look divine!! :adore:

I did smoke my first joint in I figure over 17 years to try to see what the difference was between ingesting oil and smoking and it was one intense and exhilarating bumpy ride!! Lol...
First I want to say what a great post and thanks for sharing that back here! I'm glad you were willing to risk the coughing for science and to get an idea of the difference between oil and smoking and the younger and older you. It sounds like you have a good plan of action now and you're feeling a lot more positive about growing and picking strains. Keep my PM in mind as you go.
:thumb:

I rolled a good size joint of my Northern Lights and owing to probably drying it out completely thinking I was going to make oil out of it and having not smoked in so long and having well used lungs I could only get through half of it before I gave up from coughing which was actually a good thing because in short order I was completely wasted.

For at least 20 minutes I felt lightheaded and even a little nauseous and quite frankly completely overwhelmed but I did want to get really high to see how it would affect me. Within half an hour I was feeling a lot better but like when I took the oil I did also feel pretty anxious and nervous and downright paranoid at first.

I felt just as paranoid and anxious as I did from the oil or more so but the big difference was I felt way higher and I found being that high kind of neutralized the anxious feeling or balanced it out somehow so although I was paranoid it really didn’t bother me as much. Later as the buzz diminished the paranoia eased and I found I got that couch lock feeling that made me feel a lot more relaxed. I smoked at 6:30 and at 10:30 I was still pretty high.

When I do it with olive oil I don’t get that high feel nearly as much that counteracts the paranoia and I don’t get the couch lock that makes me want to sleep but oddly enough I got a better night sleep when I use the oil.

So this little experiment taught me a few things and one was that this Northern Lights I have is extremely powerful but also either I have a nostalgic false memory of how relaxing weed is or it affects me differently because it doesn’t seem like the calming old friend I used to know. I was reading online these two quotes, “While anxiety is no doubt unique and nuanced in every individual, researchers noted that regular users tend to see a decrease in anxiety whereas occasional and new users were more likely to experience heightened paranoia. Anxiety was also more likely to occur in high doses of THC.” “Your brain changes as you age, and so does your endocannabinoid system, says Gerdeman. For instance, receptor density gets lower as you get age. If somebody smoked robustly in their 20s and picked it back up in their 30s, their brain’s endocannabinoid system may not be at the same set point,” says Gerdeman. That’s why you may notice getting paranoid when you smoke now, whereas pot may have mellowed you out when you were in college.”

So I think the reasons why I feel more paranoid than I remember and weed is not as relaxing to me is because I am probably older and am not the regular user now I used to be? I don’t know if that’s true but it very well could be.

Anyways, I am glad I smoked some because even though it wasn’t that relaxing it was a wild intriguing and interesting time and I could never say I was bored so I will maybe look into getting a vapor of some sort and maybe do it occasionally hoping it gets less paranoid in the future and stick to the oil for my sleeping and knees.

And thanks to everybody on this thread for your input and suggestions as I will definitely be taking many of them. I’m going to try different strains and try altering my dose and decarb longer and maybe get a dry vapor unit and maybe try topicals. I was reading also that White Widow is very calming as is OG Kush so I might try them. I did realize that my plants are ready for harvest from my smoking last night so I harvested one third of each plant and I think I will harvest another third in a week or so and the last third when they are good and Amber.
Your still over doing it... You should take 3-4 puffs and set it down. Your tolerance is low right now (that’s not a bad thing). You’ll have a way better time if you do smaller amounts as needed.
:rollit:

First I want to say what a great post and thanks for sharing that back here! I'm glad you were willing to risk the coughing for science and to get an idea of the difference between oil and smoking and the younger and older you. It sounds like you have a good plan of action now and you're feeling a lot more positive about growing and picking strains. Keep my PM in mind as you go.
:thumb:

Yes my friend, anything for science, lol. But seriously I had to smoke to see the difference and I am glad I did. And I do feel I have a plan now much owing to yours and everyone's generous advice. Thanks again and I will keep your PM in mind.

Your still over doing it... You should take 3-4 puffs and set it down. Your tolerance is low right now (that’s not a bad thing). You’ll have a way better time if you do smaller amounts as needed.
I agree, smaller amounts of NL should be on the chill side.
Agrees, start with less is more.

I totally agree guys that I overdid it but it really was an experiment and I wanted to get blasted to see how anxious I got compared to oil and now that I know I am going to be trying much smaller portions.

Back
Top Bottom