Cooking with The Chronic

Alrighty folks... Chex Mix time
:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

So.... I didn't have any butter that's been infused. Gotta wait til Monday when the kiddos are back in school. But, since everyone was so interested... I ran a normal batch to make this tutorial.

Just incorporate your appropriate amount of canna-butter. As @Cannasavvy pointed out, it doesn't have to all be infused butter. 50/50 with regular butter may be the perfect mix for you. Ultimately, you want 8 Tbsp (1 stick) of butter.

Wouldn't be a baked, baking session without the mandatory pre-gamer.

On with the show...
The list of ingredients:

Wet-
8 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Seasoning-
2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp Onion powder

1 tsp Garlic Powder

Melt butter; stir in Worcestershire and dry seasonings. Set aside.

My personal mix consists of:
3 cup Wheat Chex
3 cup Corn Chex
3 cup Rice Chex
1/2 cup Cashews
1 cup Mixed nuts
1 cup Bagel Chips

Pour butter mix over cereal mixture slowly and continue folding mixture until evenly coated.

Pour mix into a 9X13

Then.... into the oven at 250° for an hour. Be sure to pull the pan out every 20 min to stir everything up.

Let me know if this is confusing... I get a bit rambley sometimes; I don't always stay on target. LoL
:ganjamon:

Hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
:passitleft:

So.... I didn't have any butter that's been infused. Gotta wait til Monday when the kiddos are back in school. But, since everyone was so interested... I ran a normal batch to make this tutorial.

Just incorporate your appropriate amount of canna-butter. As @Cannasavvy pointed out, it doesn't have to all be infused butter. 50/50 with regular butter may be the perfect mix for you. Ultimately, you want 8 Tbsp (1 stick) of butter.

On with the show...
The list of ingredients:

Wet-
8 Tbsp melted butter

Seasoning-
2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp Onion powder

1 tsp Garlic Powder

3 cup Wheat Chex
3 cup Corn Chex
3 cup Rice Chex
1/2 cup Cashews
1 cup Mixed nuts
1 cup Bagel Chips

Pour butter mix over cereal mixture slowly and continue folding mixture until evenly coated.

Pour mix into a 9X13

Then.... into the oven at 250° for an hour. Be sure to pull the pan out every 20 min to stir everything up.

Let me know if this is confusing... I get a bit rambley sometimes; I don't always stay on target. LoL

Yum! Made sense to me :thumb: Thanks P9!!

Wife just got into the dessert I made.... see got like a normal size serving with ice cream, I'm like "babe that shit is strong" she starts eating... halfway she look at me "how strong?" Lol. Gonna be an early bedtime for someone :battingeyelashes:

Nice tutorial P but were you too high to get a pic of the finished product?
:high-five: yuuuup! LoL

It almost didn't make it long enough to take a picture. My kids go nuts for th his stuff... aaaaannnnd I had the munchies.
20190210_050703.jpg

Alrighty here we goo!

Blue Raspberry Gummies!

What an amazing flavour combo woooh they turned out fantastic and boy did I make these strong lol!

1/3c double infused EVOO in the reg recipe really kicked it up a notch! 5 of these and I’m feeling GGGG-REAT!

Stay Medicated !
I got the same dark blue mold trays lol nice I wanted to buy the leaf ones too nice taste lol

Got gifted this amazing terp infused toffee from my old neighbour I cut them all up and wrapped them with parchment or wax paper . I ate two and half today no knock my boots off but pretty good stuff and Great tastey treats .

On with the show...
The list of ingredients:

Wet-
8 Tbsp melted butter

Seasoning-
2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp Onion powder

1 tsp Garlic Powder

3 cup Wheat Chex
3 cup Corn Chex
3 cup Rice Chex
1/2 cup Cashews
1 cup Mixed nuts
1 cup Bagel Chips

Pour mix into a 9X13

Thanks a ton preston!! I’ll be making this with my infused butter this week! Awesome stuff I’ll be sure to post it here !!
:high-five: yuuuup! LoL

It almost didn't make it long enough to take a picture. My kids go nuts for th his stuff... aaaaannnnd I had the munchies.
20190210_050703.jpg

Definitely keep the infused batch away from the kiddos then ahah!

I made a super easy, (not real) fudge for some daytime edibles. Just ate one, so we’ll see how it goes! By my (and Shed’s) calculations, they should be about 7.5mg per square.
Peanut butter fudge:

I made a super easy, (not real) fudge for some daytime edibles. Just ate one, so we’ll see how it goes! By my (and Shed’s) calculations, they should be about 7.5mg per square.
Peanut butter fudge:

Uhm..... where’s the recipe?

Tease with pictures and no recipe I’ll whip this up lol I love PB

Uhm..... where’s the recipe?

Tease with pictures and no recipe I’ll whip this up lol I love PB
Lmao Dutchie! It’s an Alton Brown recipe, which I adjusted a tiny bit. Maybe you can have better success with it, mine turned out a little too soft. They’ll do, but not perfect.
I made a half batch to test it out. Warning: very sweet.
(Full) Recipe:
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Directions:
Combine butter and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl (I used a double boiler instead of the microwave). Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 2 more minutes. (I just melted and stirred over the steam). Use caution when removing from heat, it will be hot. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar (I sifted) to the peanut butter and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Mixture will become hard to stir and will loose its sheen (mine stayed liquidy the whole time). Spread onto a buttered 8x8 inch pan, lined with parchment paper. Fold excess parchment so it covers the surface of the fudge (I had to wait an hour, in the fridge, for it to solidify enough to cover). Refrigerate until it cools, about 2 hours. Cut into 1 inch pieces and store in an airtight container at room temp for up to a week.

Peanut butter fudge:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I’m thinking I had trouble with it setting because I used the same (hot) bowl for the steam heating and the final mixing. If I were to do it again, I would use a room temperature bowl to mix in the powdered sugar. Good luck Dutch, I’m sure you’ll nail it! :thumb:

I’m thinking I had trouble with it setting because I used the same (hot) bowl for the steam heating and the final mixing. If I were to do it again, I would use a room temperature bowl to mix in the powdered sugar. Good luck Dutch, I’m sure you’ll nail it! :thumb:

Thanks HH I’ll be sure to post it

Peanut butter fudge:
Looks tasty! :drool:

Alright y'all,
:ciao:

I wanted to put this tutorial together to show how simple & easy it is to extract mounds of kief with simple shit.

I started with a half zip of popcorn buds from the Laughing Buddha harvest.

...... just realized I didn't say Laughing Buddha during the entire video. :thedoubletake:

Complete accident too....

Picked up a bag of dry ice today at the local grocery store. Pretty cheap, around $6. You really don't need much; maybe the size of 4-5 golf balls will do.

I just use a simple Mason jar with cheesecloth to shake it all out.

Do yourself a favor... insulate your shaker!!! It will get cold. FYI.... a coffee can works great for bigger batches.

I throw the bud, and the shaker in the freezer for about an hour before I start the process.

So, the simple, down & dirty; add a couple chunks of dry ice, your herb, then top off with more dry ice.

Wrap the top with a piece of cheesecloth & shake TF outta it. LoL

I lay down parchment before I start shaking because it gets messy.

Here's a vid of the shakedown...

I'll post some yield pics in a second... my photos aren't loading up right now.

-peace out
:snowboating:

Here's the finish...

2 runs with the same 1/2 oz bud. First run was for a clean/clear-ish kief, and the second run shakes out the last bit of tric heads but gets a bit of leafy shit in it.

All good. I'll be pressing out some wax with it anyhow.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom