Cool Breeze OG Beginner Grow

Glad she's doing well. I don't know what size container you have her in now, so I will not comment on the up potting.
On the lighting. I have heard of people using CFLs as secondary to a main light. Whether that light be led or others. I recommend LED as your main light source. If you want to continue using these CFLs, I would recommend placing them along the sides of your plant somehow, or the grow space if it is small enough. That way, like that would have been blocked otherwise can get to the parts of the plant that need it. I hope I was clear enough with my terminology on this.

Sorry for the late update! Ive been busy and occupied with work that updating this journal slipped my mind, but here is an Update 3/3/18. She is now just over 2 months old. Her leaves are getting darker and thick. I had an idea to make a reflective panel to go all around the bottom of the plant to try and get some light reflected back up. It seems to be doing good, her bottom leaves got all perky and pretty. Shes getting a lot of smaller sprouts in the middle and her main stem is getting nice and thick, and shes giving off a nice smell. Still super proud of the progress being made.

A couple questions, When should budding start? What kind of things should I do to help the budding process? I read to change the lighting schedule to 12/12, is there any other significant thing that I need to do?

Thank you to everyone who stays updated on this. It means a lot to have even just 1 follower. Thank you to everyone who helps me out, answers my questions, gives me advice, or just giving her the time of day.

Mixing LED and CFL is fine. The main difference is the distance from the plant. CFL can be a lot closer to the plant without damage, LED not as much. You’ll find your sweet spot with a set of lights. There are a lot of LED discussions on here to give you some ideas, but it’s ultimately the plant that will tell you what you need to know.

I understand about wanting to find affordable options for lighting, but you have to balance that with all the other factors as well. I started with a $40 blurple light and kept adding. I’m probably at $100 in expense at lighting now. Looking at it now, I could have spent about $120-130 for a better LED light from the start and been better off. I’m growing in a 2’x2’x4’ tent, btw. A literal closet grow. :)

As for sexing, that will wait until they start to flower. If this is a bag seed, it’s probably a photoperiod, so you’re looking at determining sex a few weeks after switching to 12/12.

With your “compost”, as long as you have a healthy environment of bacteria and fungus living in your soil, it should be fine. Fresh scraps typically are very high in nitrogen and even in a compost heap would need to be balanced with a high carbon source. What the eggshell, banana peel, and avocado peel will most likely do in this grow is just add bulk to the soil. After your grow is done you will likely find most of your shells and peels still intact among the roots.

Thank you guys for the input. I up potted her, and added another CFL. How are her roots looking? Im not too sure how they are suppose to be looking, but im guessing that since its been going pretty good so far, her roots are doing good. I did notice that her very bottom little leaves are dry, crispy, some discoloration, and wilted down. No other leaves are like that, just the two little ones that were the first sprouting leaves. I assumed that it since they are underneath everything, it was because they werent getting enough light. I changed around the lights surrounding it, youll see in the pictures, so theres light doing to the bottom, and the right above it. Any thoughts as to why the few leaves got that way?
Thank you again everyone. You all are helping me out a bunch and I appreciate it.

Hello everyone, its been a month since I last posted, and I apologize. There hasnt really been anything significant to happen to her yet. Shes just been growing. Not too much more since last time, but a still noticeable. Recently, I did notice that a few of her leaves towards the bottom are getting a little yellow around the edges. Only a few, and they havent gotten worst. Should I be worried or should I just leave them be?

She has hit 4 months now and im assuming shes getting ready to bloom soon. How do I know when that starts? Should I change her light schedule to 12/12 now? Or is there a significant thing that happens that lets me know that shes about to bloom? Im so happy that she has survived and stayed healthy so im super happy to see her final results. Any advice for now? Is there anything else that I can do right now to help her out?
Thank you to everyone and I hope you all are doing good.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom