Cool Mist Cloner JustMeds

Not a pump, using an atomizer to create fog. Fastest I've had roots is 5 days. Just saying if you have a 15min timer around, it is doable...
Thanks Tunkers. I think the timer I ordered will do any sequence I want. I'm guessing I want as little spraying as possible to keep the stems wet. I'll start short and add time to see how long I can go. Gonna be a fascinating afternoon ;).

Just thought I'd check back in with the finished product. The timer is set for 1/5 and the water temp varies from the high 70s to low 80s depending on the time of day. Full tutorial on how I built it is here, but here are a couple of pics: Thanks for all your help! :thanks:

It looks great so glad you got some use from what I posted. I hope all works good for you, which looking at it I am sure it will. I think you will find 1/15 or 1/30 will work great with your unit. When you get to testing it I sure would like to hear what you find works best for yours.

Looked good mate. How much force is in the spray? When I first started growing I tried using an adjustable hose end that sprayed largish drops of water and seemed to knock the roots around a fair bit at an early age. Hope it all goes well though.
Good question Tunkers! Probably pretty forceful as it's a 15' spray head (off household pressure though, not a pump). I thought about dialing down that center screw but then I was worried about burning out the pump working against that kind of back pressure. I'm conflicted.

Its a very simple concept and outfit, I have to admit I kinda like them for what they are. I think they would be great for a cloner. Lots of vids on Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom