Cool Tube Air cooled cylinder reflector‏. Need help with setup.

Rocky Balboa

Hello:

Here is a picture of the exact item I bought 2 of them.

AirCooledcylender_large.gif

I have run into a bit of a problem with connecting it to my ballast. I have been able to remove the socket and expose the wires. I can not seem to remove the wires from the mental bracket. Does this need to happen.

Can you provide more detailed instructions on how to wire this to my ballast.

Thank You

I will have to take a photo & then upload it here. Might take abit for the pic to be accepted.

I'm just not sure I understand the problem. Are the three wires not coming out into the metal box from the lamp? If they are, run the ballast wire through the side of the metal box (there should be a clamp that holds it in) and connect the black and white to black and white with wire nuts. The blue and the green should go on a ground screw on the metal box on the light. (The light may already be grounded. If so, unscrew the bolt and put the green on it.)

Do not pug in the ballast at all until these connections are made.

It looks like the black and white are connected to the backside of the terminal. Connect the ballast black and white to the terminal black and white. Use the screw next to the green wire to connect the green from the ballast. I can't see if the wires are actually connected on the terminal, but they are screwed down so i assume they are.

Take the box off the ballast box and keep the screw in piece and use it on the hole in the light. That is where your wires from the ballast should go in.

I hope I explained it well enough, lemme know.

Eletriconics like this is not my thing. I did not realize I would need to do this when I purchased it.

As you can see from this picture,

Message - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Part of the wires are still connected to that silver piece. Where I am really stuck right now is whether that wire needs to be removed from the silver piece. I have tried and its next to impossible.

Do I need to unscrew these screws in this picture and then connect the wires? Exactly where on the reflector would I be connecting the ballast wires

Message - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I am sorry I am being so impossible but I really need just a honest to goodness simple, simple explaination.

wiring.jpg

Ok I will do my best to explain.

In the ballast photo, cut the wires just before those clear wire nuts, then restrip all the wires and unscrew the cord from that box. Dump that box, you dont need it.

Then run the ballast wires (with the screw in black clamp thing) through the bottom of the box on the lamp. Make sure the wires match on opposite sides of the terminal (the white thing with screws)

HOLD UP: By looking at the photo down the tube, It look like WHITE IS ON THE LEFT AND BLACK IS ON THE RIGHT JUST GO OPPOSITE WHAT THE IMAGE SAYS WITH BLACK AND WHITE.

Just look at the terminal and where white comes in tfrom the lamp, thats where the white ballast wire goes.

In the ballast photo I can't get the black cord unscrewed & pulled out of the metal piece its stuck. As for cutting & restripping wires I have no clue on doing that. Why are those ends from the ballast photo have plastic ends on them? Do I take the plastic part off it has all 3 wires connected together I think.

You cant unscrew the black piece that has the wire through it?

Looks like it maybe some kind of clip...

To strip the wires just take the plastic off them about a 1/4" from where you cut so the copper shows. Just clip the wires before the clear wire nuts. Then strip each wire. See if oyu can get that black piece off the metal box and toss the box.

I am uploading more pics. If you could possibly do that diagram thing you did that pointed everything out to me. That is very helpful.

Thanks everyone, I got it working. For a total non handy man I am quite pleased with myself. Thanks for all your help. I will send pictures when its al hooked up!

Back
Top Bottom