grayback

My grow room,very small,maybe at best 4 plants. 2' X 4'. The heat generated is outrageous. Do the cool air fed tubes diminish the amount of light or lumens? Also, how much will they they bring down the temperature? I have 600 MH and HPS Is this over kill for a room this size. What would you suggest for both phases of growing? Thanks.I have a four T-5 do these work through the flowering phase? Sorry lots of questions. The call me excess and more is not enough.LOL
I need to jerry rig a inexpensive air flow here. It doesn't seem like it will require a whole lot.Any GOOD and SIMPLE ideas or plans? If I could afford a grow box it would make this sooo much simplar. I rent so cutting holes in walls and snaking vent hose around is, well you see.:peace:

Hi grayback. Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members. :welcome:

Yes, the glass in a cool tube or air cooled hood will diminish the light, but only a very minor amount. I think I remember reading something by a site member widely considered to be the resident expert on lighting named Hosebomber, that indicated around a 2% reduction in lumens. Can't provide specific info on the heat reduction as I don't have one. However if cutting holes and running vent hose is out of the question then one wouldn't reduce your heat.

Yes, many growers use High Output T-5's from start to finish. The claim is the buds are not as tight and dense, but I can't confirm that as I have no experience with T5's.

Some additional information and maybe photo's might allow us to provide some suggestions on how to you could rig a way to cool your grow area.

Be well and again Welcome to 420 Magazine.

Yes,

TanR, Thanks for the help. Yes, I ought to get some pics. I'm trying to get info on Lighting. If I use CFL's. how many? for 6 sq. ft." Can you use CFL's for the entire grow? I'm looking for effective, yet not get so hot. Do you have any suggestions to where one might shope for sockets,bulbsand whatnot? Somewhere that is doing good things with their business. Being mindful of the industry. Maybe you don't but some do this. Thanks again

Ive had success with cfls in the past using DWC. The secret is bushy short plants - dont go out and veg for months... I would not suggest cfl for big grows but my last canopy was 2 x 3ft and ended up with a bit over 7 oz dry. Hardware stores got everything you need. I used vanity lights (4 socket bar) and put Y splitters in all of them. I has a total of 16 bulbs (23 actual watts each) and the weed I got is real nice. A tad "looser" than HPS buds but theeere is nothing wrong with it.

Make sure to put the bulbs withing 1-2 inches from tops

Good luck!

Thanks, I 'll send some pics. Getting the right advice is critical, because every attempt at growing is costly and takes all our time.

Thanks for your feedback. My current setup has grown beyond my expectations. Originally, I planned on using a portion of a closet, 6 sq.ft. Currently the area is overgrown in a 12 sq.ft. my lighting is only good for 4sq.ft. the cool tube has lowered temperatures greatly. Putting my lights in just causes the heat problem back. We are talking current temps. 80 F. That increases to high 80's or more with additional lighting. Honestly, I am limited to piecing this together as funds will allow. Also, experience, as a true and tried resource to recognize the areas that need fixing. As stated prior, with a 600 hps for 2/3rds can I add my 4 tube x 2ft. ho florescent work? Thanks people. My current fan for cool tube is not enough. It's a cheap inline fan 250 cfm.

The cool tube was good for me, though my area still hits 32c sometimes.

I'm in a 7'x3' space, a 600w hps bulb and a 375cfm fan, with a carbon filter on the end.

Back
Top Bottom