Cooper Arrested Again

MedicalNeed

AUSTIN Barry N. Cooper, a former narcotics law enforcement officer turned marijuana activist, said he was charged on Thursday with conducting private investigations without a license, a Class A misdemeanor. The charge appeared to be related to Cooper's "Kopbusters" hoaxes in which he videotapes various police departments seeking to find what he terms police corruption.

Department of Public Safety officials said the charge was filed in Williamson County, but the affidavit for his arrest could not be obtained late Monday afternoon.

Cooper said by phone Monday that he was arrested by a SWAT team at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday. He said he was released after more than 10 hours in jail on $10,000 bond.

The arrest came just two days after Ector County prosecutors said they would not pursue misdemeanor charges filed by the Texas Rangers in connection with a December 2008 Kopbusters hoax in Odessa in which Cooper set up a faux marijuana grow house. He had been charged with filing a false report to a peace officer.

Cooper said he plans to hold a press conference Wednesday at the state capitol to address his most recent arrest. Cooper also faces misdemeanor charges of filing a false report in connection with another Kopbusters hoax in Williamson County and possession of marijuana.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Author:ODESSA AMERICAN
Source: Homepage : Odessa American Online
Copyright: 2010 Freedom Communications, Inc.
Website:Cooper arrested again | cooper, enforcement, charge - Local News - Odessa American Online

So they had to call the SWAT team out for a class A misdemeanor....WOW, whats next....SWAT TEAM FOR A LOUD NOISE COMPLAINT!!!? They need to stop wasting tax payer dollars on stupid shit!!

:bigtoke:

they are not going to leave Berry alone, they will continue to arrest him on any possible offence they can come up with until he gives in and stops doing his kop busters thing, conducting private investigations without a licence, that charge should show that they are spending alot of time looking for reasons to screw with him.

Look in the 420TV News section there is a vid there I posted of his press release on the Court House steps, outlining this and with a plea for the Government to intervene and stop the madness.

I think that Barry actually wants law enforcement to harass him. That way, he can draw more attention to himself. He's doing a good job of showing how much law enforcement will do to silence dissent.

I think that Barry actually wants law enforcement to harass him. That way, he can draw more attention to himself.

:thumb:

Gets him a paycheck, I guess.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who is treating LEOs in the same fashion that he treated cannabis consumers when he was a LEO. He acts like a politician. I can't help but wonder if he ever gets a hard-on for hunters if he'll head out to the woods in order to use the same behavior traits on them. (NOTE TO BARRY: If you try that in the hills, please update your will first...).

Seems like he'd know the laws on filing false reports and when you do (vs. do not) need to be licensed, since he used to be a cop.

This guy knows all the foul practices he and other LEO regularly use against we the people and is shouting from the rooftops because the chickens have come home to roost.
I give him my support for shining a light where few men dare to tread.
+Rep MedicalNeed

Back
Top Bottom