COorganics - RockyMtnHigh - Perpetual - TLO stylie

Hello all,
I feel my grow has changed a lot recently and I feel it's as good a time as any to begin a new journal, sorta tighten things up. Ill probably continue this one up until I move my setup to a new location, and who knows when that will be.

I'm still growing TLO style. With a couple tweaks.

2X600w HPS in the flower room (ushio)
4ft 4bulb T5 in the veg room. Set up to Perpetually harvest some fine organic cannabis.

Current strains I'm running in flower are: Greenhouse super lemon haze, Serious Bubblegum, HSO bubba kush
In veg: Barney's Critical Kush, Serious Bubblegum, HSO bubba kush
Seeds on deck: world of seeds Wild Thailand, S.A.G.E., Jack Herer, Barney's Liberty Haze, some sour diesel home brewed crosses.

Contemplating receiving a Ken's Kush clone from a friend also.

Welcome to the journal and please help me dial in growing exquisite cannabis indoors in soil!

image9002.jpg
image8875.jpg
image8874.jpg
image8855.jpg

A few pics to make it official.

If you're not familiar with TLO style I'd recommend the book. In a sentence, It's a living soil mix that differs from others in its use of layers and spikes in addition to ACT's (tea). No foliars.

My mix is different in that I skip the 2.0 mix altogether and layer and spike containers of roots dirt. I absolutely love roots original. I love it's versatility for me: I use it for seedlings and I use it for flower and everything in between. I DON'T use it ALONE for flower, don't get that confused.

I'm going to dive right in with some transplanting tonight. I will document a critical kush (fem) being transplanted from a one gal to a 10gal container. This Building of a TLO pot may seem like a lot of work and it sorta is but after tonight I'm done, I can grow this plant for months and finish it with no other additions other than tea and water. That's why I do it, it really is simple once u have sourced everything.

This critical kush plant will be my next monster scrog. Ill veg it into middle may most likely.

image9004.jpg
image9005.jpg
image9006.jpg

The 10 gal here first gets lined with a little paper. Then I do an inch layer of clay balls. Then a tablespoon of high N guano, 1/4 cup organicare pure, tablespoon of soft rock phosphate, and 2 cups of FRESH EWC.

That is the bottom layer.

Next I will use roots dirt to fill in a layer of just dirt. I add perlite everywhere here, although roots original has plenty... I like lots of perlite in my mix. On the top of this layer I spread a tablespoon of organicare pure. There are the "layers" part of the layers and spikes. On top of this I put another layer of just roots dirt+perlite.
Now I'm ready for the root ball to sit here on the mellow dirt layer, well almost, I put a tablespoon of great white directly where the root ball will sit.
image9007.jpg

Then I transplant, fill with just roots dirt to near the top
image9008.jpg

image9009.jpg

Then approaching the end here, I do a custom top layer. Here I did a teaspoon feather meal, teaspoon blood meal, tablespoon organicare pure, teaspoon soft rock phosphate, 1 cup FRESH EWC.

Then I do a mulch layer. Mulching containers is super important in indoor container gardening relying on a living soil. I choose to use clay balls as my mulch layer.
image9010.jpg

The TLO pot is almost built now. The only thing left is spikes. Ill do 2 veg spikes and 2 flower spikes per Recipes in the Book.

Spike: there is some confusion on spikes. Spikes are simply holes you poke in the dirt in your pot. Then you fill these holes in with the spike ingredients.
This is how you "spike" your container.
image9011.jpg
image9013.jpg

The whole idea is layers and spikes of nutrient rich stuff in between mellow soil. The plant is able to avoid hot spots in the soil meanwhile the microherd is breaking down the food in the layered and spiked areas creating available nutrients to carry the plant later on down the line. To really make this function, you need to cultivate and add beneficial micro organisms via brewing and applying teas. I will brew, document and post tea recipes soon I'm sure.

Some bud and flowering plant shots:

SLH 34 days:
image9015.jpg
image9016.jpg

This is my first grow in a 10 gal to date. She's pretty much under her own 600 too, I'm pretty excited about it.

Here is a bubblegum at 34 days as well, this one was an experiment in training and with lots of defol. I had it under a screen but the screen was removed at day 21 and I took off a ton of leaves then as well.
image9018.jpg

Here is another BG at 34 days that is also an experiment of sorts with way less training and NO defol at all.
Makeshift tomato cage is to support the huge buds I HOPE to grow on this one.
image9020.jpg
image9019.jpg
image9021.jpg

That's all for now. Was kinda nice posting all this in a night. ;)

Awesome growing. I like the set up and I am a monster scroger my self. Have you started the sour diesel? I have been wanting to get my hands on that strain for a long time. I forgot to add it to my last order of beans lol Kick my self in the ass for that.

Hey there COfinest,
Thanks for stopping in, no on any of the sour diesel crosses yet. More strains than room. Ill them run some someday, probably years out actually.

Thanks for the great tutorial! - now I know what TLO is. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ditto on the reps, too~

I transplanted a bubblegum clone out of a solo cup tonight. It was in just roots dirt with pure water only. The roots look awesome, the product lives up to its name, great for seedlings and clones! I tried happy frog recently and it sucked.
image9050.jpg

This one I am transplanting into a 2.5gal TLO pot and gifting to a friend. How nice to be able to legally do that.

Looks great dude nice soil explanation was wondering what tlo was. I decided to grow 6 grape apes and just got some white rhino seeds for scrog after the GA's so I had took 15 OG clones I was going to do and so far about 4 have rooted.

Looks Great
I got this growology stuff im gonna see how their step one in soil for seedlings work well see if the roots look as good
as those

Back
Top Bottom