Copperrein's 1st Hydro & 3rd Ever Grow: Blueberry Cookies x2 Winter 2020

Yes. Still a lot of clear, but a lot of trichromes! :bravo:

The new growth trichomes:

IMG_20210315_081802_487.jpg

IMG_20210315_081901_794.jpg

They smell very different today. There's a very enticing floral smell... Somewhere between honeysuckle and roses. I've never smelled anything like it in weed. This is making me so very happy.

:thedoubletake: wooow that's a lot of frost!!!

You've done great!!
Hey you <3 Hope you're well.

Thank you! I'm enjoying watching flower in a controlled environment. I think I missed a lot when growing outside. My eyes are always hunting for bugs or rot so I think I have blinders on to the finer aspects of the plants.

Hey you <3 Hope you're well.

Thank you! I'm enjoying watching flower in a controlled environment. I think I missed a lot when growing outside. My eyes are always hunting for bugs or rot so I think I have blinders on to the finer aspects of the plants.
It's gotta be the intimate setting with your plants, you tend to stare and spend more time (also helps that there's no mosquito swarms :rofl: )

I'm in rough shape, but I knew it would be like this for the next couple weeks....totally worth it :high-five:

I've got a new light and tent ordered, and right now keep checking the status (I'm getting impatient- I want my new toys!!!) .
Cabinet is still apart and needs reassembly, I'm gonna hopefully get that done by next weekend and pop some auto beans.
Working from home right now, and loving the view of being back in the country side :Namaste:

It's gotta be the intimate setting with your plants, you tend to stare and spend more time (also helps that there's no mosquito swarms :rofl: )

I'm in rough shape, but I knew it would be like this for the next couple weeks....totally worth it :high-five:

I've got a new light and tent ordered, and right now keep checking the status (I'm getting impatient- I want my new toys!!!) .
Cabinet is still apart and needs reassembly, I'm gonna hopefully get that done by next weekend and pop some auto beans.
Working from home right now, and loving the view of being back in the country side :Namaste:
Are the neighbors farther away? My nearest is easily 1/4 mile away and he's a state trooper in a house far too large for his paycheck so I'm assuming he wants people out of his business as much as we like them out of ours. Never even talked to him.

The rest are old addled blue collar people from the era of when the American Dream was still a lie people believed. I think most of them were growing with medical permits long before I got my first clones. Now they just sit at home being xenophobes, voting against social policies that would benefit them the most. But no...it's us liberals who sent all jobs away and raised land taxes and reduced medicare/aid. Ugh. I digress.

I really love the tent. I do sit there for a while just looking and smelling. Plus I wonder if my SF2000 helped with my SAD this year. I love the tiny little world that exists in my tent.
:green_heart:

Are the neighbors farther away? My nearest is easily 1/4 mile away and he's a state trooper in a house far too large for his paycheck so I'm assuming he wants people out of his business as much as we like them out of ours. Never even talked to him.

The rest are old addled blue collar people from the era of when the American Dream was still a lie people believed. I think most of them were growing with medical permits long before I got my first clones. Now they just sit at home being xenophobes, voting against social policies that would benefit them the most. But no...it's us liberals who sent all jobs away and raised land taxes and reduced medicare/aid. Ugh. I digress.

I really love the tent. I do sit there for a while just looking and smelling. Plus I wonder if my SF2000 helped with my SAD this year. I love the tiny little world that exists in my tent.
Yup- totally get it...we often talk about the medical benefits of consuming the plant (in general)... But few (outside this kinda forum) understand the medical benefits of growing the plant. It probably did help with your SAD but there's the sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done as well (for me that's a biggie).

Nearest neighbor is probably half a click, they're in eye sight but out of shouting distance, and there's only the one (all the rest are miles away).
The best part about being truly back in the country- the respectful nods and waves when driving on the back roads:circle-of-love:

Right now I fall under the National Cannabis Rec laws (4 plant count). I have to re-get my license (God knows how long that's gonna take) for my medical permit which takes me to around 20 (plus the 4 rec for the Mrs).

I got some essential tasks around the house that needs my immediate attention (or else I'll get massive bills later)- then it's cabinet reassembly time:high-five:

Yup- totally get it...we often talk about the medical benefits of consuming the plant (in general)... But few (outside this kinda forum) understand the medical benefits of growing the plant. It probably did help with your SAD but there's the sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done as well (for me that's a biggie).

Nearest neighbor is probably half a click, they're in eye sight but out of shouting distance, and there's only the one (all the rest are miles away).
The best part about being truly back in the country- the respectful nods and waves when driving on the back roads:circle-of-love:

Right now I fall under the National Cannabis Rec laws (4 plant count). I have to re-get my license (God knows how long that's gonna take) for my medical permit which takes me to around 20 (plus the 4 rec for the Mrs).

I got some essential tasks around the house that needs my immediate attention (or else I'll get massive bills later)- then it's cabinet reassembly time:high-five:
Well hurry up! You're missed!

:cheer:

While I wait for a hopefully better version of the above photo to render on my pc....I've started hunting for something that might be worthy of nug of the month. What do people consider a great nug? I like a little sugar leaf on my personal buds but do a machine trim on my hostess weed (what I keep all pretty and perfect in jars on my coffee table for company).

Can y'all give me some tips? Plz?

IMG_20210303_124814_543.jpg
I feel like I kinda caught up by looking at pictures... Nice pictures BTW. What is this? You found it? Who loses weed? Is it all dried up?

I feel like I kinda caught up by looking at pictures... Nice pictures BTW. What is this? You found it? Who loses weed? Is it all dried up?
Thank you, sir! We opened a firework's business last year so my woodshop, where I hang my plants, got turned into my sign painting studio. That plant ended up behind some plywood from an older project. Life moved along, kid moved back home and boom....half a plant got forgotten. It's actually been an ok smoke. Not as good as my cured stuff...but better than what the local kids sling.

Really digging that seed pic.... :love:
I assume other people's grows in the area led to my girls making babies so these are mystery seeds. Might be some awesome weirdness.

Tagging @Carcass since I don't want to hijack Weasels' journal:

Got any tips for the squishy condensing part? Also... What should it look like?

Here's what I managed before my tendons complained:

Thanks for the tag, copperrein!
But.. I don't know much about making hash- scissor hash, yes, but everybody can make that.. the only time I tried to make real hash (years ago), I ended up with a gooey mess...

Update: I'm starting to see the earliest trichomes starting to amber. This is where I start overthinking so suggestions are welcome. I know I have almost no fan leaves but should I expect much change in foliage color? The leaves say 2 weeks but the buds seem to be moving faster. Remember this is my first indoor grow so I don't have experience with harvesting in this setting.

IMG_20210317_075322_543.jpg

IMG_20210317_075317_479.jpg

IMG_20210317_075311_370.jpg

IMG_20210317_075249_658.jpg

IMG_20210317_075239_896.jpg

Go by the buds not the leaves.
And always go by the bud/calyx for checking trichomes (like you've been doing!).

Are you looking for more cerebral or couch lock?

The more they amber the more they'll give Couch lock (which I've found more beneficial for my pain).

B9B2A041-AC61-4019-8BA4-A07DA860FC83.jpeg.jpg

Thats my 2 cents, but some more experienced growers might have better insight

Go by the buds not the leaves.
And always go by the bud/calyx for checking trichomes (like you've been doing!).

Are you looking for more cerebral or couch lock?

The more they amber the more they'll give Couch lock (which I've found more beneficial for my pain).

B9B2A041-AC61-4019-8BA4-A07DA860FC83.jpeg.jpg

Thats my 2 cents, but some more experienced growers might have better insight
For 90% of my smoke, I like energetic, tho when I need to sleep I need more sedative effects. Like drop a t-rex level sedation without the weird stodgy slogging feel of shit like Ambien. Maybe I'll pull a nugget and do a test this evening.

I see people saying 'microwave for 30 seconds' but unless technology in microwaves has changed drastically in the past 10 years, that sounds like a horrible idea. I'm probably missing something in technique or translation, tho. How does one test green weed? It doesn't seem like it would be super appetizing.

Good Morning!
Sorry I couldn't help you with the hash (that hash you made looks yummy!) but I can help you with the quick dry thing!
How does one test green weed? It doesn't seem like it would be super appetizing.
There's a couple of ways to dry it fairly quickly, but no matter how you do it, it's not going to taste very good- The easiest way is just to sit the nuggies on top of your grow light for a day or so- this dries it a little slower than the other methods, so it may taste a little better when you dry it this way..
You can use a microwave, but do it for apx 10 seconds at a time, and let it cool all the way off before doing it again- you'll probably need to do this 4 times before it's dry enough to smoke...
Or, you can put it in the regular oven, turned down as low as it'll go, for about an hour- if the lowest setting on the oven seems to be too hot, just leave the door open a little bit...

Or there's the "natural" way, which is to clip off some nugs today, and smoke them on Sunday :)

Good Morning!
Sorry I couldn't help you with the hash (that hash you made looks yummy!) but I can help you with the quick dry thing!

There's a couple of ways to dry it fairly quickly, but no matter how you do it, it's not going to taste very good- The easiest way is just to sit the nuggies on top of your grow light for a day or so- this dries it a little slower than the other methods, so it may taste a little better when you dry it this way..
You can use a microwave, but do it for apx 10 seconds at a time, and let it cool all the way off before doing it again- you'll probably need to do this 4 times before it's dry enough to smoke...
Or, you can put it in the regular oven, turned down as low as it'll go, for about an hour- if the lowest setting on the oven seems to be too hot, just leave the door open a little bit...

Or there's the "natural" way, which is to clip off some nugs today, and smoke them on Sunday :)
I discovered I didn't have to do any of that...I have a dry flower vape and...it totally works....and it is so damn tasty. It's potent, too. Is this something to do with it being a little immature or green or? If it's this good now, should I start my 36 hours of darkness before chopping right now?

I feel absolutely lightweight and happy.

Back
Top Bottom