Copperrein's 2021 Hubby Medicine With NextLight: Snowcaine & Trainwreck Indoor Soil, Oh Dear

Hello everyone!

For those that aren't aware, I collected a human a few years back and he's stuck with me through my struggles with mental health. I call him John. He's an amazing human, the best I've adopted to date, and I love him.

We're both very broken people under the surface and together have found a mutually safe place to work on rewiring our brains. His healing, however, has been hindered by a life-long pathological tremor. Imagine a constant vibration in your arms and chest...and imagine trying to focus while experiencing that physical cacophony. It wears him down and affects his mood. Recently we've been through some stressors, the political climate of the US hasn't helped, and we've had some not-so-good experiences with doctor-prescribed meds.

This grow will be my first that will be geared towards producing a specific medicine to attempt to help him.

Strains:

Trainwreck:
Sativa Dominant Hybrid - 80% Sativa / 20% Indica
THC: 18% - 25%
Dominant terpene: myrcene

Snowcaine:
Sativa Dominant
THC: 25%-31%
Dominant terpenes: Myrcene and Caryophyllene*

*Snowcaine is a bit of an unknown for me. It was developed during the Michigan Phenohunt Challenge in 2020 and resulted from a Sour Snow x Mimosa cross, as well as what I think are some back-crosses between similar phenos from the same hunt. Looking into its parent strains we find that Mimosa has a ton of myrcene. Sour Snow is a Sour Diesel x Snow cross. Snow was a strain created by 20TwentyMendocino and remained clone-only so I have little info on it. We all know Sour Diesel and while its main terp is Caryophyllene, it plays well with both our brains.

I spoke to both Seed Cellar (a brick and mortar bank right near where I live) and the Homegrown Cannabis Co. boys in my search, as well as fellow growers like @Trala, before I felt comfortable with my choices. According to my research I'm looking for high THC with large amounts of myrcene if I want to treat anything neurological. I'll also have to turn the plants into RSO/hash oil. Why? Sweet baby jesus I only vaguely understand this BUT:

Ok, you know the whole 'eat a mango thing 30 minutes before smoking and your high will be more epic' thing? Mangos work like this because of myrcene. When myrcene enters the bloodstream it opens the pathway in the blood-brain barrier, allowing THC to enter more easily.

I'm also looking for lemonene due to similar effects.

A sweet bonus comes from Trainwreck's pinene which also crosses the blood-brain barrier easily where it acts as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Acetylcholinesterase has a damaging effect on the memory-storing potential of the brain. Maybe it'll help with me being an utter flake.

How I'm Growing:

Since I'm kinda exhausted and drained after this summer, I'm not in the mood to set up a new hydroponics system so I'll be growing in homemade soil. I'll be stalking all you savvy indoor soil growers soon enough since I've never grow indoors in soil. It scares me. I envision one little mite or gnat getting in, laying eggs, and destroying my plants in an Omen-esque plague of epic proportions. I ordered some of them soil merkins @NuttyProfessor uses to keep his soil covered physically, as well as olfactorily (not a real word). They're these plant fiber discs similar to root mats that go around the stem and can be soaked with all sorts of anti-buggo things like neem and peppermint. Also lots of fans. Can't make babies in gale force winds. Just saying.

My soil is going to be the same that I'm using for my outdoor girls, minus the chicken shit:

Alfalfa pellets
Peat moss
Bagged compost
Dolomitic lime
Gypsum
Meals (blood and bat to start, bone later towards flower)

Nutrients as I see fit

I'm going to use some of my 7 gallon GeoPots and some other 7 gallon-ish fabric container.

I need to get working on the plants so I'll update later. Apologies as always for my rambling writing. I try to be concise but hate how it sounds like a maintenance manual :D

Annnd we have liftoff!

I started the seeds two nights ago in a pH 6 10% H202 solution. I used the matchbox Seed Cellar gave me and a little sandpaper to do the shakey shake before dropping them. Left them for 12 hours, poking several times with my grubby fingers, until all four fell. Then it was a nice 24 hours in paper towel dampened with the same solution.

Since I'm super speshul I did all this before I decided how I was actually going to grow the plants. I don't have any decent soil for starting seeds right now so I grabbed some of those Root Riot things a friend gave me. I used two coffee stirrers as a speculum and held the little hole in the plugs open while inserting the germinated seeds. The hydroton is a ghetto fix to stop the plugs from tipping over.

I'm off to the farm supply in a bit to build a soil.

I've been thinking about the veg time vs. yield equation and am contemplating a 6 - 8 week veg instead of 4. My current grow in hydro could have been much larger if I'd vegged another two weeks (I think).

Annnd we have liftoff!

I started the seeds two nights ago in a pH 6 10% H202 solution. I used the matchbox Seed Cellar gave me and a little sandpaper to do the shakey shake before dropping them. Left them for 12 hours, poking several times with my grubby fingers, until all four fell. Then it was a nice 24 hours in paper towel dampened with the same solution.

Since I'm super speshul I did all this before I decided how I was actually going to grow the plants. I don't have any decent soil for starting seeds right now so I grabbed some of those Root Riot things a friend gave me. I used two coffee stirrers as a speculum and held the little hole in the plugs open while inserting the germinated seeds. The hydroton is a ghetto fix to stop the plugs from tipping over.

I'm off to the farm supply in a bit to build a soil.

I've been thinking about the veg time vs. yield equation and am contemplating a 6 - 8 week veg instead of 4. My current grow in hydro could have been much larger if I'd vegged another two weeks (I think).

:woohoo:
Great start.
I'm in for the fun:thumb:
Bill

Good morning Ladybird :)

I look forward to strapping in for the manic madness and mayhem.

Regarding your tag and just so you know, I’m not like a proper grower, in fact I can’t even get the wording down when it comes to plants. Everything I know about plants I’ve learned in here in the last year.

You’re one of my kind. Broken people united will never be defeated!

I will be cheering for you!

Xo

Good morning Ladybird :)

I look forward to strapping in for the manic madness and mayhem.

Regarding your tag and just so you know, I’m not like a proper grower, in fact I can’t even get the wording down when it comes to plants. Everything I know about plants I’ve learned in here in the last year.

You’re one of my kind. Broken people united will never be defeated!

I will be cheering for you!

Xo
You've grown longer than I have :D

:lot-o-toke:

@Bill284 and @BooWho2 :green_heart: thank you for joining!

Are 7 gallon pots going to be too big for a 4 month grow? Am I prematurely creating a mess for myself with training and stretch?
I'm a firm believer that bigger is better.
4 months = 2 month veg.
You can easily fill a 7 gal pot in 2 months.
More roots = healthier happier ladies.
Not to mention the final reward. VOLUME!!!!
The only drawback is your available space.
No point trying to fit big girls into a space that's not going to let them fulfill their potential.
If you have the room. :thumb:
Bill

Welcome to soil growing. I’m along for your ride. The hydro phonics thing seemed to complicated and stationary for me. I think you will like soil. Were both in the same boat with mental health issues. I’m glad your human understands and gets you.

Welcome aboard everyone!

@Bill284 4x4 tent which is why I'm once again considering downsizing pots. Think 7gallon pots for four plants in a 4x4 is insane?
Well I put 8 min in an 8x8 sometimes 10 always 5 to 7 gal pots.
Thats 2x2 max so its completely doable.
A little training to fill corner to corner and I get 2lb pounds of primo easy.
With minimal effort, no scrog .
Top once and lst, sure it could use more room but they don't complain. Hehe
Its doable.
I just don't recommend Gorilla Glue, bushy buggers. :rofl:
Bill

4 7 gallon pots in 4x4? I sure hope its not insane! I have 2 7 gallon pots in a 2x4 running an auto flower experiment. In my main 5x9 tent I will eventually have all 7 ladies in 10 gallon pots :cool:

It makes me nervous when people watch me work. I hope I don't screw this up :D

All four babbies have popped. Today will be spent converting the little apartment we were building for my daughter to my little private grow area. I would like to eventually be able to have a nice video setup studio thingy and a plant-only photo tent in there.

If I feel like braving the heat, humidity, and mosquitos I'll mix up some soil later.

Say hello to my newest little friends:

Setting up the tent was easier than expected. I was quite peppy thanks to Sweet Island. I did need help from the manbeast getting the walls on. I guess I didn't read height...only footprint. I can barely touch the top of my new tent. I had expected a 6' tent and will need to rethink my grow room.

Back
Top Bottom