Copperrein's Dr. Grinspoon And Freakshow Free For All With Viparspectra: Hunting Mothers

It was a year ago today I started drooling over Freakshow. Thank you @SmokingWings for the tip on Seed Cellar. It's so weird that only now at 42 I'm productively making future plans and actually following through. Weed is sorcery. You can't change my mind about that.

The two largest Grinspoons are getting up potted today.

Why don't more people grow Freakshow? It's so damn cool! Every time I open the tent I make a little happy happy joy joy noise because they're so freaking neat!

The monster soil I tried to cook some other plants with has finally mellowed out into a rich black mix. It looks and smells like expensive bagged soil. I pretty happy with it for my first real go at willy-nilly trying to make my own soil recipe.

The two Dr. Grinspoons are up-potted.

I...am having a hard time expressing my love for both Freakshow and Dr. Grinspoon...well at least without swearing a ton. If you were standing in front of me right now I would grab you firmly by the sides of your head, shake your face, all while screaming 'LOOK AT THEM!! LOOK! THEY'RE SO COOL'. John is being a champ right now and politely indulges me every day as I rant, babble, and explain weed to him. Over and over. Last night I had forced him up to the grow room to look at Freakshow again (second time that day) and he finally has a go at me and says 'Are you sure they didn't just send to tomato seeds?'

Anyhoo...you guys care. YOU want to see my plants!

I...am having a hard time expressing my love for both Freakshow and Dr. Grinspoon...well at least without swearing a ton. If you were standing in front of me right now I would grab you firmly by the sides of your head, shake your face, all while screaming 'LOOK AT THEM!! LOOK! THEY'RE SO COOL'. John is being a champ right now and politely indulges me every day as I rant, babble, and explain weed to him. Over and over. Last night I had forced him up to the grow room to look at Freakshow again (second time that day) and he finally has a go at me and says 'Are you sure they didn't just send to tomato seeds?'

Anyhoo...you guys care. YOU want to see my plants!

I know, madam takes the occasional look and says 'Crikey, that light's bright. Why are some of them so tiddly?'
'They're cuttings, darling...'
That freak is remarkable, never seen anything like it
I probably would have chucked it thinking wtf is that

Dr. Grinspoon is scaring me with her growth rate but I knew this before dropping the seeds. My plan is to top later than I normally would so I can get enough of a cutting to try and clone. Once I have a viable clone from each plant I'll put the original into a mother tent and flower the clones, hoping for a string of pearls pheno. The mothers grown from seed I'll probably have to keep cutting fairly often so I should have a constant supply of clones to mess with.

Freakshow is growing at a more normal speed. Both plants are happy under the @ViparSpectra and I have the same plan for them as for Grinspoon.

heck of a genetic mutation.
i'd slide some solid colored solos over the seedling cups. the roots really don't like anything that lets light through, regardless of colour.

you''ll get better root development which helps transplant by loads.

heck of a genetic mutation.
i'd slide some solid colored solos over the seedling cups. the roots really don't like anything that lets light through, regardless of colour.

you''ll get better root development which helps transplant by loads.
Yeah, I know. last time I was at the store I saw the pretty colored ones and did a dumb.

Dr. Grinspoon is scaring me with her growth rate but I knew this before dropping the seeds. My plan is to top later than I normally would so I can get enough of a cutting to try and clone. Once I have a viable clone from each plant I'll put the original into a mother tent and flower the clones, hoping for a string of pearls pheno. The mothers grown from seed I'll probably have to keep cutting fairly often so I should have a constant supply of clones to mess with.

Freakshow is growing at a more normal speed. Both plants are happy under the @ViparSpectra and I have the same plan for them as for Grinspoon.

Thank you for mentioning us, and I'm glad that your plants are under the ViparSpectra lights.

Currently I seem to have an iron deficiency. Somehow with my high iron well water my plants aren't getting enough iron. I need to do some reading and see if I'm missing something like a chelator. I also ordered chelated iron for foliar feeding which should be here today. What's weird is my hydro plants...completely different system, tent, and nutes...is also showing iron deficiency. Weird as. Please if anyone has suggestions as to why all of the sudden I'm missing a mineral that's normally in surplus in my water let me know.
No clue as to what you might be missing or what is missing in the well water or soil. As for trying something that might help get iron to the roots that the plant will be able to take in have you considered the iron supplements that some people use for living aquarium plants. Something should be available at any tropical fish store and for about $20 you should get enough to mix up 5,000 gallons before it is time to go to get more.;)

No clue as to what you might be missing or what is missing in the well water or soil. As for trying something that might help get iron to the roots that the plant will be able to take in have you considered the iron supplements that some people use for living aquarium plants. Something should be available at any tropical fish store and for about $20 you should get enough to mix up 5,000 gallons before it is time to go to get more.;)
I got some chelated iron foliar spray when I first noticed it but then @Squiggle shared mulder's chart and I figured out it was a potassium deficiency.

Gotta keep watching your Freakshow and how it grows. I am happy with my stealth area by the fence and I can see possibilities for next summer with Freak plant or two in that area.

These were 'regular' seeds, not feminized, right? That was all that I saw on the seller's website but maybe the breeder started working on female only seeds. Just thought I would ask.

Good job on Freak!

Gotta keep watching your Freakshow and how it grows. I am happy with my stealth area by the fence and I can see possibilities for next summer with Freak plant or two in that area.

These were 'regular' seeds, not feminized, right? That was all that I saw on the seller's website but maybe the breeder started working on female only seeds. Just thought I would ask.

Good job on Freak!
Fem, I had to buy through Seed Cellar and they had fem 10 packs. I want to do a couple outside next year so I'll be getting more seeds. Not sure if I'm focused enough to attempt growing out regs. Plus I hate culling babies.

Thank you...I keep thinking I'm seeing pest damage but it's just her. The other one is kinda scrawny but trying her best.

Back
Top Bottom