Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

I've got butterflies!

12 plants in homemade soil. Soil will be made as soon as the snow leaves my various compost and poop piles.

Starting with 25/25/50 last year's soil, peat, and my own normal compost (all vegetable matter with a little horse poo smattered about the mix)

From there I'll be adding chicken shit, bat shit, and horse shit. I have plenty of all three provided free by nature. Why not use it? Also gypsum and rabbit feed pellets at this point.

Then azo, myco, and humics.

Oh, and perlite until it looks right.

Last year I did SubCool's (RIP) super soil and got some really nice plants:

It worked well but the whole recipe requires a bunch of things, many of which are difficult to get here. I'm also not paying $30 for 5lb baggie of rare dodo bird doodie. If I see deficiencies I'll address such issues in time with supplemental nutrients.

They'll be in 20 or 25 gallon grow bags out under the fleeting Michigan sun. Rain water when available and well water when needed. I guess I should clarify our well...it's tapped into a limestone aquifer as opposed to a normal groundwater well. This bumps up my alkalinity a bit, but HEY....I've got two happy plants living in it right now in hydro so I'm not super concerned.

I've only been seriously smoking cannabis since 2018 so I know very little about 'what I like'. Because of this I am going for variety this year. I've grown only two of the strains before: GG4 and Gelat.OG. Gelat.OG is currently my main medicine but I'm looking for more energetic and creative strains for my rec weed.

So my plants:

Gelat.OG X2
GG4
Alien Rock Candy
Rudeboi OG
Wedding Cake
(sooo excited for this one...looks to be a gorgeous strain!)
Critical Purple Kush
Sour Diesel
(another new one I'm so giddy for)
LSD
HulkBerry
(this, too)
Triple Cheese
And the grandest lady of all: White Widow

I'll be popping the beans as soon as I figure out where the man hid all my party cups :<

SO EXCITE imma vom

Looking forward to watching your summer grow. I’ve been mulling my summer plans for a few days now. I need to see what I have and check out their descriptions.
I'm looking for more energetic and creative strains for my rec weed.
I don’t smoke for anything other than enjoyment ( and only energetic/creative strains). Most of my grows so far have been higher Sativa vs Indica, which is what gives me that type of high you I believe you are looking for. I think some of what you’ve got on your list may fall into that category. :high-five:

Looking forward to watching your summer grow. I’ve been mulling my summer plans for a few days now. I need to see what I have and check out their descriptions.

I don’t smoke for anything other than enjoyment ( and only energetic/creative strains). Most of my grows so far have been higher Sativa vs Indica, which is what gives me that type of high you I believe you are looking for. I think some of what you’ve got on your list may fall into that category. :high-five:
I think I'm going to love Sour Diesel and Hulkberry the most just from what I've read....also really looking forward to the less fruit thing triple cheese should have going on.

I'll be keeping all of the little cups in the toaster oven because the kitten has apparently acquired meth from one of the neighbors and is currently out to put momma into a spell of the vapours.

So got a shit seed from the bank which must not be named. I'll send them a CS chat later about it. It's just one seed but at ~$10 a pop I feel like QC should be a little better.

The Nirvana seeds look really good....I kinda hate the packaging. It's difficult to get X amount of seeds out without ALL of them coming out.

Barney's and RQS so far look the best and have the best packaging. ALL OF YOU BREEDERS NEED TO GIVE US STICKERS...plz. Nothing huge but a peel away integral to y'all's existing packaging would be cool as shit.

See everyone in a couple days when the girls start popping!

:green_heart: :cheer: :tommy: :green_heart: :yummy:

Well hell...all 12 seeds dropped in 12 hours. So far so good. Into baggies they go and then safe behind my computer where it's dark and warm

IMG_20210223_202300_040.jpg

IMG_20210223_210627_799.jpg

:ganjamon:Please do! Wish you could join in on the outdoor fun too!
Tell me about ,Even if we had the right weather, the feds would have you up against the wall at gun point if they even spotted one plant in the back yard.
When does your spring/summer start.

You look like you got some of the same freebies as I did (from the man who sells seeds). We are gonna have a similar outdoor grow! :high-five:
I'm a total sucker for good advertising and gimmicky sales :D
I don't think I'll be shopping with them again. I'm hearing more and more negative stuff (though all my experiences have been positive). I dunno...their freebies are just so good.

I'm a total sucker for good advertising and gimmicky sales :D
I don't think I'll be shopping with them again. I'm hearing more and more negative stuff (though all my experiences have been positive). I dunno...their freebies are just so good.
I‘ve not seen many sellers that give as many freebies as they do AND you can also get other Breeder’s seeds from them too. I’ve looked extensively at other options from sponsors but the prices and free stuff on top of that were why I made my last large purchase from them.....and I will likely do it again. I bought a bunch of autos and then got two sets of the White Widow, Critical Purple Kush, Alien Rock Candy, and Wedding Cake so now I need to figure out my grows inside and out!
I woke up this morning thinking about the lux reading I gave you - gonna go back out and confirm that I wasn’t remembering incorrectly (and make sure my buds aren’t hitting the light....oof.

I‘ve not seen many sellers that give as many freebies as they do AND you can also get other Breeder’s seeds from them too. I’ve looked extensively at other options from sponsors but the prices and free stuff on top of that were why I made my last large purchase from them.....and I will likely do it again. I bought a bunch of autos and then got two sets of the White Widow, Critical Purple Kush, Alien Rock Candy, and Wedding Cake so now I need to figure out my grows inside and out!
I woke up this morning thinking about the lux reading I gave you - gonna go back out and confirm that I wasn’t remembering incorrectly (and make sure my buds aren’t hitting the light....oof.
I do want to try autos but I think I'll order directly from 420FastBuds. Been creeping on them and they look nothing like I expect an auto to look like. They've got some pretty sexy strains people seem to absolutely love.

Also Sensiseeds...unf so sexy.

I woke up thinking about my light, too. At some point the available light has to drop because the spread of light from each LED no longer has the power of its neighbors. I'm try to word right and I can't.

Imagine a tree vs. a forest. Thank you for getting those readings, btw!

Checked the bags...no life yet BUT I feel like LSD is gonna pop first. Hulkberry second. They just look eager:

DSC_0143.jpg

That pile of crap is what remains of the shelf that fell a few days ago. I just haven't had the motivation to pick through it.

DSC_0146.jpg

Roscoe says hi :green_heart:

Also might like chocolope, Durban poison, tangie, and satori

Also might like chocolope, Durban poison, tangie, and satori
Thank you! This brings up a question: how do I know which breeder is actually making the 'OG' version of classics like White Widow and (I think) Durban? It seems like some names are used for potentially different genetics.

Chocolope looks like it would appreciate the cold flowering season here. I'd love to do a black strain one day.

Thank you! This brings up a question: how do I know which breeder is actually making the 'OG' version of classics like White Widow and (I think) Durban? It seems like some names are used for potentially different genetics.

Chocolope looks like it would appreciate the cold flowering season here. I'd love to do a black strain one day.
Ah, tis the question of questions LOL. I tried this one breeder who i guess makes their own versions of strains because their prices were just so good...and everything from them was either a mess or a mystery.
When my My twin brother touthern tough went on vacay in europe he supposedly purchased some at a well known breeder's seed shop in Amsterdam and the few of those he attempted to grow were...okay at best.
There isn't really any way to guarantee the authenticity of the seeds other than research the strain and see of you can determine the original breeder and then find a seed bank that'll ship them in the original breeder packaging.
For example, Mrs. Cough's all time favorite strain is mango. There are many different versions of it om the market, some of which don't have ANY of the same parents/genetics from the other. Some are marketed as somango, mango kush, strawberry mango, etc. But her favorite is the original mango bred by KC Brains which is a cross of afghani and their proprietary strain KC-33.
So when ordering beans i make sure that they're the KC brains mango shipped sealed up in the original breeder packaging.
As for trying new strains, you gotta do the research and roll the dice.
For example through research you'll find that some strains in their authentic form are only grown from cuttings and anyone trying to sell you those seeds are full of sh*t, etc.
One way I've learned to close the gap between risk/reality is actually reaching out to the breeders and asking who their favorite distributors are. Sometimes they'll even tell you who to avoid. Like "we have no arrangement with the following seed banks and cannot vouch for anything they're selling with our name on it.
Also, they love answering questions about their strains.
Most recently i was about to pull the trigger on a strain and decided to email the breeder to ask which of their strains they might recommend for our situation and they actually suggested a totally different one that turned out to be cheaper!
And then they were like "hey, stay in touch and let us know how it goes"
Pretty cool. So i feel a little less nervous buying new genetics with that piece of mind.

Looking good!

I was looking at the breeders for those freebies we both have and it looks like the “man” is responsible for Critical Purple Kush and the White Widow (aka, his label is on it and is the only “breeder” in the site that offers it). I went into my account and sent a ticket requesting who the breeders are for the Wedding Cake and Alien Rock Candy since the Alien won’t search and there are several breeders of the Wedding Cake. We shall see what they say....

Back
Top Bottom