Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

Did they change your forecast overnight. I checked and it looks like you will not be getting snow, just those mid-20s temperatures. The forecast seems to be that the weather front causing the snow is hanging more to the south with northern Illinois, Indiana and Ohio getting the worst of it.

We dropped from expecting 3-5 inches to planning on about 1 or 2 with a 'freeze warning' tonight and tomorrow night. Have most of my smaller Rosemary and kitchen herbs back inside. The rest of the afternoon, well, every time I let our daughter's dog outside I will bring in a couple more of the larger potted kitchen herbs.
Hahaha this state. I feel bad for the TV weather people having to try to keep us trusting them.

I'm bringing them until Friday. I'm a little worried about my lettuces and snow peas... Prolly cover them with something.

I'm south of Lansing, where about are you again. Feel free not to answer.

Howdy do. Congrats on the new fireworky tenty thing. How many plants could you grow in that. Are you lot all legal to play with spark's now?
Awesome photo also. Sunset smoke.
Hope your weather settles down shortly. We are out of it now. Sun sun sun.
Will catch up with your other progress and journals soon. I'm a little bit on the stoned side and I keep reading the same posts a thousand times over and I keep forgetting what I've read. It's taking me forever to catch up

I keep reading the same posts a thousand times over and I keep forgetting what I've read.
That’s it exactly! I tell my imaginary psychiatrist that numerous times a day. :lot-o-toke:
You can find me tomorrow I will be sitting right here.

I'm south of Lansing, where about are you again. Feel free not to answer.
Down in Macomb county in the southeast corner of the state. No problem with answering;). I put the location in my profile looking for other Michigan growers. I keep track of the weather in the lower; probably a reminder to myself of the good ol' days when I spent most weekends traveling to areas of the state to fish, hunt, hike or just hang out at someone's camp site.

Down in Macomb county in the southeast corner of the state. No problem with answering;). I put the location in my profile looking for other Michigan growers. I keep track of the weather in the lower; probably a reminder to myself of the good ol' days when I spent most weekends traveling to areas of the state to fish, hunt, hike or just hang out at someone's camp site.
You getting snow yet? We are :D

Happy 420!

Time to grab some clean glass and enjoy the fruits of your labor while watching it fall! :roorrip:
Oh yeah! The Perfect Pipe from the contest showed up! I love them! As a result I'm pretty toasty already. They DO hit incredibly smooth and it's neat to see the smoke in the tube.

Whoops...forgot to upload my photos! I was gonna show off but yeah. lemme go try again.

Glad I moved the ladies in last night...the porch thermometer was reading 27f when I went out this morning. Good dusting of snow, too. My dearest man partner thing (fiancé) forgot to turn the hose off so I guess I get to see how well my new hose holds up.

I've been holding off on doing the second topping for a nice warm sunny stretch to help kicks the ladies into overdrive. Maybe this weekend we get actual spring?

You getting snow yet? We are :D

Happy 420!
It started about 3 in the afternoon with fine flakes. By about 6 it was huge wet flakes just floating straight down and started accumulating on the boat cover, car roofs, the lawn, leaves on the trees. Snowed till about 8 pm and we got about 2 inches worth but it melted off all pavement. The heat from the house melted the snow out to about 4 feet away on all four sides. No snow under trees that already had leaves. Temps dropped to 31, maybe 30.

Will take the kitchen herbs and the flowers back outside on Friday. Next week a couple of plants will head from the basement to the back room to start their hardening off adventure.

Andy and Ollie's damage seems to have ceased since they moved out of the wind. I removed a couple of the more damaged bits. There's a pretty blushing color on Alien Rock Candy...am I to assume this is in response to the cold temps?

Everyone else is happy despite the drop in temps:

Said screw it and left the hash orphans out in 27f and snow last night:

If they survive cool...if they die I don't have to worry about being over my 12 and having to cull. I'd like to get one male near to sexual maturity so I can at least have first-hand experience as to what they even look like :D

Said screw it and left the hash orphans out in 27f and snow last night:

If they survive cool...if they die I don't have to worry about being over my 12 and having to cull. I'd like to get one male near to sexual maturity so I can at least have first-hand experience as to what they even look like :D
The leaves look damaged from the cold. Though, the leaf color might just be the camera and the lighting.
Will need to see what happens in the next 12-24 hours.

The leaves look damaged from the cold. Though, the leaf color might just be the camera and the lighting.
Will need to see what happens in the next 12-24 hours.
Oh yeah...they were damaged (which is fine, I was getting nervous about the idea of having a weed forest on the property). If the other night didn't get them, last night should have. I'll wander out in a bit and check.

Oh yeah...they were damaged (which is fine, I was getting nervous about the idea of having a weed forest on the property). If the other night didn't get them, last night should have. I'll wander out in a bit and check.
Ah, yes, the 'weed forest'. I know the feeling when I notice that I am getting more cuttings starting to root than I was expecting. Still have that pesky 12 plant limit for recreational growers unlike the higher limit for medicinal caregiver growers.

Ah, yes, the 'weed forest'. I know the feeling when I notice that I am getting more cuttings starting to root than I was expecting. Still have that pesky 12 plant limit for recreational growers unlike the higher limit for medicinal caregiver growers.
We really shouldn't complain at all...Canada might read it and feel sad.

Ok...I watered today which was its own sweet hell. I recently invested in some 150 psi freeze-safe hoses because I sometimes forget to shut the faucet off and I live in Michigan (hey, almost May and had a mini blizzard this afternoon). My dumb ass forgot about all the metal bits between the well and the nozzle. The water flowed for a hot second before the brass of my nozzle aided in a flash freeze. Eh, they're watered now and looking happy.

The hash orphan soil was frozen solid around 11am. It's thawed now and am I crazy or are they looking kinda not totally dead yet?

Ok...I watered today which was its own sweet hell. I recently invested in some 150 psi freeze-safe hoses because I sometimes forget to shut the faucet off and I live in Michigan (hey, almost May and had a mini blizzard this afternoon). My dumb ass forgot about all the metal bits between the well and the nozzle. The water flowed for a hot second before the brass of my nozzle aided in a flash freeze. Eh, they're watered now and looking happy.

The hash orphan soil was frozen solid around 11am. It's thawed now and am I crazy or are they looking kinda not totally dead yet?

Kinda maybe I hope

Back
Top Bottom