Corby's Condition

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby has been unable to eat or sleep since hearing of her failed final appeal.

Doctors say Corby is suffering from depression and will remain in Sanglah Hospital in Bali hospital for at least one to two weeks.

'The patienthas suffered a total mental disturbance but we cannot explain in detail what kind of disturbance ... or which stage of depression she is in now because of patient privacy,' said Dr Leli Setyawati from the Hospital.

'In our estimation Corby must be treated for one to two weeks.

'If there's no development or progress within one to two weeks, then the treatment can be extended further.

'But if it reaches a critical level, we must consider moving her to a mental institution,' she added.

A prison guard said Kerokoban prison's hospital staff had become overwhelmed by Corby's mental state.

'We took her to hospital because the doctor in prison could not handle the case any more,' Prison head of security Maliki said.

Schapelle's mother, Rosleigh Rose, says her daughter has lost 12 kilos in four weeks and has had to deal with several traumatic events.

Corby's father Michael died from cancer in January, her stepfather Greg also died from cancer last year and Corby lost her final appeal in March.

Corby's lawyer, Erwin Siregar told her about the judicial review rejection.

'My conclusion, I think, when I spoke to her a week ago, she is depressed,' he said.

'She has not told me about it, and this is my opinion, I think one of the causes is because of the sentence of the Supreme Court from the extraordinary appeal.'

Corby's final legal challenge failed when Indonesia's Supreme Court upheld her 20-year sentence.

Siregar said he had not yet discussed an appeal for clemency to Indonesia's president, which would be Corby's last legal option, but it means she would have to admit guilt.

Corby is serving 20 years in Kerobokan Prison after she was caught at Bali's airport in October 2004 with 4.1kg of marijuana in her boogie board bag.

corby.gif

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Sky News
Copyright: 2008 Australian News Channel Pty Ltd

Back
Top Bottom