Corinne420’s Grow Journal: The Odd Plant That Could, 2019

Corinne420

Strain | Death Bubba? (*the ? will be explained below*)
Indica Dominate Hybrid
Start Date | 30/12/18
Veg Stage | 23 Days | 21/01/19
Indoor
Hydro Starting
Fan Cooled
24 Hour Lighting
Temp of Room | TBA
RH of Room | TBA
PH of Media | TBA
How Often Are You Watering? | It’s An Automatic Watering System. I Top Off The Tank When Needed
Type and Strength of Ferts Used? | I’m Using The Nutrients That Came With The AeroGarden
—————————————————————

Hey everyone. This is my first journal, so I’ll apologize in advance if it’s a little sloppy. I guess I’ll start at the beginning. I got a few seeds from inside a batch of Death Bubba buds and was excited when I had received an AeroGarden for Christmas from my husband so I thought what better way to try it out but with some weed seeds.
* I shall explain the question behind the strain. I read somewhere that just because you find a seed in a bud, you aren’t guaranteed to get the same strain. That seed could of taken on more of the genetics of it’s father or grandparents and so on and therefore could end up being a totally different strain. I did find it in the bud of Death Bubba so I’m calling it that but with a question mark. Correct me if I’m wrong, that was a tid bit I came across while doin some researching.*
I title this “ The Odd Plant That Could “ because out of 9 seeds this was the only one to get a root during the germination period. Also as you shall see from pictures it’s not your typical looking cannabis plant. It has a few oddly shaped leaves and it seems to be growing more bush like, instead of the christmas tree shape.
I’m starting the plant off in an AeroGarden, which is a hydroponic system. Until the plant outgrows it. Then I haven’t decided if I’ll transplant it to bucket and dirt or if I’ll get my husband to gear up a larger hydro system. We shall make that choice when the time comes.
The first pictures are of the plant at 13 days old. She (I say with my fingers tightly crossed) has just started growing her second set of leaves.
F626D694-D0AF-41B9-BA4F-AEF04BF8F53F.jpeg
E7964A2D-C800-4846-88F8-7D0E55DF2482.jpeg

So yesterday I noticed on a few of her older leaves there were some
:welcome:

Why 24 hour lighting?
I read that some people do 24 hours, most do 18 hours I think. There was a pre set setting for 24 hours so I just stuck it on that and just haven’t changed it. I’m thinking I may though, or should that be a definite yes and can the maybe?

So yesterday I noticed she was getting some rust spots on two of her “older” oddly shaped leaves. I did some searching and found that it simply could just be from her environment and to try and make some changes.
I originally was just going to let her do her own thing and not put too much fuss into it, but after seeing the spots I was like NOOooo. So today I moved her to a more private smaller location, with a fan, some fresh air and a humidifier to get that RH up. I’m hoping that will help. If not I’m going to try some baking soda mixed with water. I found a few helpful tips on here that I’ll try if that doesn’t work. There was an older post I found and someone seemed to be having the same issue.
Here is a picture of the set up, not pictured is the fan. It looks like a fan lol. It may not be perfect but it is what it is. We do plan on putting up some plastic here in the near future.
EED50FA0-E712-4CD3-A270-0A77D075420B.jpeg

We come to today. So yesterday I noticed she was getting some rust spots on two of her “older” oddly shaped leaves. I did some searching and found that it simply could just be from her environment and to try and make some changes.
I originally was just going to let her do her own thing and not put too much fuss into it, but after seeing the spots I was like NOOooo. So today I moved her to a more private smaller location, with a fan, some fresh air and a humidifier to get that RH up. I’m hoping that will help. If not I’m going to try some baking soda mixed with water. I found a few helpful tips on here that I’ll try if that doesn’t work. There was an older post I found and someone seemed to be having the same issue.
Here is a picture of the set up, not pictured is the fan. It looks like a fan lol. It may not be perfect but it is what it is. We do plan on putting up some plastic here in the near future.
EED50FA0-E712-4CD3-A270-0A77D075420B.jpeg

I hope this works out for you im following this out of curiosity. I always thought the aero garden would be great fun to grow.

Here are some close up pictures I took today, and a side by side picture of her at 13 days old and 23 days old. You can also see the rust spots I was talking about in the last entry. Which brings us to the present. I will keep everyone updated as need be. I hope you all enjoy my journal so far :battingeyelashes:
A5D389EA-6134-4C8F-B0A5-CE278436FDAF.jpeg
CEF1E7A5-A0F2-48DF-ACEA-A318C458F4D0.jpeg
176AACA2-2D1A-4238-98FD-5F916567B561.jpeg
C40A7431-1E6F-4A98-8EFD-82E3D3BFAE82.jpeg

Hey, welcome! Definitely like/ want to see you growing here, but I’d recommend different seed(s). It looks to me like your plant isn’t really suffering from an environmental issue, just bad genetics and/or the gnarliest version of tobacco mosaic virus I’ve seen to date. You can keep growing this out as it’s interesting to look at, but in parallel is germinate some new seeds.

Edit: you posted a new pic while I was typing. New growth looks better, still weird, but better :) - powering through

I hope this works out for you im following this out of curiosity. I always thought the aero garden would be great fun to grow.
Well thank you so much. I hope it works out as well. It’ll be a fun adventure

Hey, welcome! Definitely like/ want to see you growing here, but I’d recommend different seed(s). It looks to me like your plant isn’t really suffering from an environmental issue, just bad genetics and/or the gnarliest version of tobacco mosaic virus I’ve seen to date. You can keep growing this out as it’s interesting to look at, but in parallel is germinate some new seeds.

Edit: you posted a new pic while I was typing. New growth looks better, still weird, but better :) - powering through
Thank you. It definitely is weird looking. Yes I’m liking that it’s starting to get some of your typical marijuana looking leaves now. It is still very bush like though. Hoping it’s a female and that it does actually does produce some nice buds. If I don’t kill it that is, knock on wood lol.

Thank you. It definitely is weird looking. Yes I’m liking that it’s starting to get some of your typical marijuana looking leaves now. It is still very bush like though. Hoping it’s a female and that it does actually does produce some nice buds. If I don’t kill it that is, knock on wood lol.
Ha. Nah you won’t kill it, but may end up suffering the curse and going down the grower rabbit hole of spending a lot of money between now and then (buds). Found a pic on here that looks similar to your plant. I haven’t seen this issue firsthand before, but maybe it is something as simple as a nutrient deficiency. Good luck!

nutrient deficiencies

Welcome with your start to your grow journal, interesting grow.
TBA nutrients what’s that , do you have any grow nutrients in it ?
Thank you so much. Oh lol that was short for to be announced. Right now I’m using the nutrients that came with the AeroGarden. But some facts about miracle grow have been brought to my attention so I’m going to find something else in the near future.

Ha. Nah you won’t kill it, but may end up suffering the curse and going down the grower rabbit hole of spending a lot of money between now and then (buds). Found a pic on here that looks similar to your plant. I haven’t seen this issue firsthand before, but maybe it is something as simple as a nutrient deficiency. Good luck!

nutrient deficiencies
Thank you so much. Let’s hope I don’t fall too far down the hole. I will definitely check out the link. Thank you again

Thank you so much. Oh lol that was short for to be announced. Right now I’m using the nutrients that came with the AeroGarden. But some facts about miracle grow have been brought to my attention so I’m going to find something else in the near future.
No that’s what you have for nutrients at the 1st page. It might not be enough , you can get package deals for nutrients about $30 .

No that’s what you have for nutrients at the 1st page. It might not be enough , you can get package deals for nutrients about $30 .
Yeah that’s what I was talking about. I just haven’t added in the nutrient info yet. That may be the case. I just might not of put enough in. The guide only goes as low as 2-3 pods, that calls for a cap full. In my case I only have 1 pod going, so I’ve been using 1/4 cap full. Maybe I should up it to 1/2. I’m just worried about giving it too much

Yeah that’s what I was talking about. I just haven’t added in the nutrient info yet. That may be the case. I just might not of put enough in. The guide only goes as low as 2-3 pods, that calls for a cap full. In my case I only have 1 pod going, so I’ve been using 1/4 cap full. Maybe I should up it to 1/2. I’m just worried about giving it too much
Maybe some one in here has tried this before and they’ll see this post for some help with that nutrients problem!

I’m just worried about giving it too much
Your are right to be concerned...many people overfeed (and overwater). When they are this young they need much less.
I read that some people do 24 hours, most do 18 hours I think. There was a pre set setting for 24 hours so I just stuck it on that and just haven’t changed it. I’m thinking I may though, or should that be a definite yes and can the maybe?
Very few do 24/7...for autos or photos. I'm still not sure what strain this is (and whether it is a photo or auto) so that is very important later. If it is was an auto, I would run it at 18/6 until harvest. If photo, same until you flip to 12/12 to induce flowering. Plants make essential sugars and cell growth during darkness, so you def want some.

:goodluck:

Your are right to be concerned...many people overfeed (and overwater). When they are this young they need much less.

Very few do 24/7...for autos or photos. I'm still not sure what strain this is (and whether it is a photo or auto) so that is very important later. If it is was an auto, I would run it at 18/6 until harvest. If photo, same until you flip to 12/12 to induce flowering. Plants make essential sugars and cell growth during darkness, so you def want some.

:goodluck:
Thank you so much for the info. I’m going to have to get out the instructions for the AeroGarden and see how to set it to different times. I’ll get her down to 18 hours. It’s an odd plant. If it’s auto that means it’ll start flowering whenever it feels like it, am I correct? I personally hope it’s not, I would prefer the control. Thank you again
Edit | I’ve changed the settings. The closest I could get to 18 hrs was 17 hrs. There’s no setting to choose your time length, just a few pre set times. I can only choose when the lights turn on. They will shut off automatically to whichever setting is picked. Is 17 hrs fine?

Back
Top Bottom